Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:First of All
"first of all"
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "First of All"
The following 197 pages are in this category, out of 197 total.
- A pure soul who is prepared to be freed from this material entanglement must first of all be free from the association of the three modes of nature
- According to the law of necessity, first of all human society must try to produce food grains and vegetables, but if they fail in this, they can indulge in flesh-eating. Otherwise not
- Akrura was Krsna's uncle; therefore, when he came back to Dvaraka, Lord Krsna first of all gave him a welcome befitting a superior person. Krsna is the Supersoul in everyone and knows everything going on in everyone's heart
- And if anyone wants to marry, first of all he must show that he has some earning capacity. Not that "Because there are so many girls, and I marry one to satisfy my senses..."
- And to become acarya is not very difficult. First of all, to become very faithful servant of your acarya, follow strictly what he says. Try to please him and spread Krsna consciousness. That's all. It is not at all difficult
- At the time of death, the temperature of the body first of all increases to 107 degrees Fahrenheit, and then the whole body collapses and immediately becomes as cold as ice
- 'Back to nature' means first of all your nature is different from others' nature. An animal can lie down anywhere on the street. Can you do that?
- Being questioned, Lord Brahma immediately replied, Later I shall tell You why I have come. First of all there is a doubt in my mind which I wish You would kindly dissipate
- Being thus deputed, the great sage Bhrgu Muni first of all went to his father’s residence in Brahmaloka. The three deities are the controllers of the three material qualities, namely the qualities of goodness, passion and ignorance
- Betting was with gold coins, and Balarama first of all challenged with one hundred coins, then one thousand coins, then ten thousand coins. Each time, Balarama lost, and Rukmi was victorious
- Bhagavata-dharma means relationship with God and execution of our duties in that relationship. That is called Bhagavata-dharma. First of all we must know what is God
- Brahma said, "First of all I saw You alone; thereafter You (Krsna) expanded Yourself as Your cowherd boyfriends, the calves and all the existence of Vrndavana; then I saw You and all the boys and calves as four-handed Visnus"
- Brahma, or the first living being born just after the creation, is the direct son of Narayana. Narayana, as Garbhodakasayi Visnu, first of all entered the material universe. Without spiritual contact, matter cannot create
- Brahman, every one of us, we are Brahman. There is no doubt about it. But unfortunately, by mistake, by illusion, I am thinking, "I am this body." So spiritual education means first of all one has to understand that aham brahmasmi
- Brhadasva: An ancient sage who used to meet Maharaja Yudhisthira now and then. First of all he met Maharaja Yudhisthira at Kamyavana. This sage narrated the history of Maharaja Nala. There is another Brhadasva, who is the son of the Iksvaku dynasty
- But this is the point of understanding. That I have already told you, in the Bhagavad-gita, that if you want to understand, first of all you have to surrender
- But this nonsense theory, that there was a monkey first of all, (laughter) Darwin's theory, and from monkey, human being has come, this is nonsense. So any other question?
- By devotional service one can understand that Krsna first of all manifests Himself as svayam-rupa, His personal form, then as tad-ekatma-rupa, and then as avesa-rupa. It is in these three features that He manifests Himself in His transcendental form
- Eight symptoms of a jivan mukta - 08 He is satya-sankalpa. Whatever he desires is fulfilled by the grace of Krsna. First of all, he does not desire anything for his material benefit, and secondly if he desires anything at all, he simply desires to serve
- Even a person like Vivekananda, he said long ago that "This Vaisnavism is sex religion." They misunderstand. So just try to understand. This lila is kept in the Srimad-Bhagavatam in the Tenth Canto. So one has to understand Krsna first of all
- Every one of us, those who have come to this Krsna consciousness movement, expected to preach in the future and to become a spiritual master also in the future. But first of all you must spiritualize yourself; otherwise it is useless
- Everyone will die. So nobody can check death. However great scientist he may, he cannot stop death. By laws of nature one is becoming old. By your scientific advancement you can stop first of all
- Everything is there to understand about God. Simply you have to increase your attachment for hearing. That is, that qualification required. Not that first of all you pass M.A. examination, then you come here and you can understand
- First of all ask him to send samples. Then begin business. Unless you are satisfied with the price and sample, don't put any order. Acyutananda is very simpleton, and it is very easy to cheat him. That is the past experience
- First of all awaken your own Krsna consciousness, you understand Krsna, and then go out, kara para upakara. Because people are in darkness. People are in darkness. They have forgotten Krsna
- First of all control the mind; then think of meditation
- First of all he (Demon Mura) attacked the carrier of Krsna, Garuda, by whirling and then throwing his trident, and through his five mouths he vibrated sounds like the roaring of a lion
- First of all he (King Nagnajit) gave them (Krsna and Satya) 10,000 cows and 3,000 well-dressed young maidservants, ornamented up to their necks. This system of dowry is still current in India, especially for ksatriya princes
- First of all he must know what to preach. If he does not know what to preach, what he will preach? You have got a preaching capacity, provided you learn the art of preaching. But everyone can preach. That's a fact
- First of all I do not want to be relieve also. That is also another disease. You see? You will be surprised. It is my practical experience. This Krsna consciousness movement, before starting, I wrote one letter to Mahatma Gandhi
- First of all let them come to the standard of human being. Then there is question of peace and happiness
- First of all let them prove that they are sane men. They are all insane rascals. Why shall I take their words? We are taking words from Krsna, who is accepted the Supreme by all the acaryas, all the great sages
- First of all let us offer our respectful obeisances unto our spiritual master by whose order I am engaged in this herculean task of writing commentary on the Srimad-Bhagavatam as the Bhaktivedanta purports
- First of all make your life successful by understanding what is Bhagavad-gita and what is Srimad-Bhagavatam. Janma sarthaka. If you are yourself unsuccessful in the mission of your life, you cannot preach anything
- First of all one should know that I am neither American nor Englishman nor Indian. I am spirit soul. Then further education can be possible
- First of all one should know that I am neither American nor Englishman nor Indian. I am spirit soul. Then further education can be possible. So we teach from the Bhagavad-gita this principle first, the basic principle of spiritual education
- First of all our direct perception is on the sensual platform by sense perception. Just like seeing directly and seeing directly this special. And then I am seeing by hearing from others
- First of all produce your own food grain, milk and vegetables, eat as much as absolutely necessary, don't eat more, and in this way keep your health
- First of all show your capacity that you have managed these two things very nicely. Why there should be complaint? How you can solve it? And why the temples should be maintained by collection of the BBT? It is meant for printing and constructing temples
- First of all the Buddha wanted to make them sinless, "Don't kill"
- First of all the jokers would talk in such a way that the Lord (Krsna) and His associates would enjoy their humor, which would refresh the morning mood
- First of all they visited Gaya, then Kasi, then Prayaga. Finally, with great pleasure, they came to Mathura
- First of all understand Krsna, then krsna-lila
- First of all varna. And asrama, then, when the varna is perfectly in order, then asrama. Asrama is specially meant for spiritual advancement, and varna is general division. It must be there in the human society, or they're on the animals
- First of all we cannot understand it, and if the Supreme Personality of Godhead comes personally to speak about Himself, we do not believe it. This is our position
- First of all we have to hear about God from authorized persons. Then kirtanam. Kirtanam means glorifying the activities of God. Then there are other. These two items are very important, and there are other items also
- First of all we must decide what we want. Whatever you want, you will have. Krsna is very kind. If you want to remain bound up by the laws of material nature within this material world... Karanam guna-sango 'sya
- First of all we try to become enjoyer like the head of the family man or a minister or this and that, so many. Everyone is trying to become head, enjoyer. And at last, being baffled in every respect, he wants to become God
- First of all you have to decide whether sex life is good or bad. First of all you have to understand this. If you think that sex life is very nice, then how can you give it up? It is not possible
- First of all you have to select who can be your spiritual master. That requires some knowledge. Or you have to behave with a person to understand, "Whether he is fit to become my spiritual master?" Then you should offer yourself to be a student
- First of all you know things as they are. Then talk. Otherwise, it is said that it is better not to talk than to talk foolish. It is better to stop talking
- First of all you should find out somebody where you can surrender. If there is duplicity in surrender, that is useless. First of all see whether you can surrender there; then accept him spiritual master and then please him by your service and inquiry
- First of all you surrender; then you ask question. The rascals first of all will question. And when he is satisfied, they will surrender. This is not the process
- First of all you take your birth where Krsna is now present. Krsna is present in one of the universes. There are innumerable universes. So you take your birth in the next universe, or where Krsna is now. Then you become trained up
- First of all your guru, then his guru, then his guru - at least four, five generation, because the spiritual knowledge is received through the parampara. I have received from my guru; you are receiving from your guru; and my guru received from his guru
- First of all, because flower has come to Krsna, there is something good. The tree which has produced this flower, he is benefited because he is offering his energy. Krsna consciousness means offering one's energy to Krsna
- First of all, Brahma created from his shadow the coverings of ignorance of the conditioned souls. They are five in number and are called tamisra, andha-tamisra, tamas, moha and maha-moha
- First of all, define what is morality? What is the definition of morality?
- First of all, do you know what Sai Baba is preaching? Do you know?
- First of all, I started the book. That is, by Krsna's grace, it is becoming successful. Then diorama. Then I shall give next idea
- First of all, King Yudhisthira, along with his brothers, wives, children, other relatives and ministers, washed the lotus feet of Lord Krsna and sprinkled the water on their heads
- First of all, Lord Nityananda bewildered Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu by bringing Him along the banks of the Ganges, saying that it was the river Yamuna
- First of all, one must begin with hearing, sravanam. Otherwise, what about, meditation? Therefore we must first of all hear about the subject matter of meditation. If you do not know the subject matter of meditation, where is the question of meditation?
- First of all, the atomic energy is not powerful enough to destroy the world. And secondly, ultimately it all rests on the supreme will of the Supreme Lord because without His will or sanction nothing can be built up or destroyed
- First of all, the next body may not be for cultivating knowledge in spiritual life because we are already fallen, and if we do not elevate, we may accept another body, still fallen
- First of all, they were importing European masters, and now they are importing dogs. Now they will have to import European brahmanas. Yes. Because in India all the brahmanas are now finished
- First of all, we are united, husband and wife. Then we want a nice apartment or house, grha. Then, to maintain the house, we require a field, field of activity. Generally, formerly, they were agricultural. So you must have income
- First of all, we have to live very regulated life. Sannyasa life is that regulated life. And then we can enter into the real life. That is ideal
- First of all, you are a family man, and usually at this point a man must think about providing for his wife and child. So if you like you can take a job
- First of all, you decide whether you are female or male, then be one or the other. Then, you may enter our temple any time you like. But sometimes man and sometimes woman, that is not proper. Such awkward thing cannot be allowed
- First of all, you have to know who is guru. If you accept one rascal as guru, how you can be helped? First thing is who is guru. That I have already explained. Guru is he who repeats the words of Krsna. He is guru
- First of all, you have to take it as axiomatic truth that there is no happiness and there cannot be any satisfaction in this material world. Then you'll make, spiritually advance
- First of all, you must have faith that, "In this life I shall understand thoroughly about God."Then associate with persons who are busy with God's business.Then you act as they are acting.Then your misconception of material life will be finished
- First of all, you remain here (in New Mayapura) for some time. Be trained up. Because every one of us, we have followed the silly jackals. Now we have to follow Krsna
- First of all, you take this, that you do not know what is God. Now, you want to see God. Therefore you have to learn how to see God
- For example, from earth a tree grows, and from the wood of the tree, fire is ignited. In that igniting process we first of all find smoke, and the next stage is heat, and then fire
- Generally the yogi first of all becomes mature in controlling the air passing within the body, thus bringing the soul to the top of the brain. Then when the body bursts into flames, the yogi can go anywhere he likes
- Guru means the faithful servant of God. That is guru. So you have to first of all test that "Are you faithful servant of God?" If he says, "No, I am God," oh, kick him on his face immediately. That "You are rascal. You have come to cheat us"
- He is recommending, Sukadeva Gosvami, that this regulative life should be conducted: first of all tapasya. Tapasya means... Tapa. Tapa means voluntary suffering. That is called tapasya
- How is it one can be all-attractive? First of all, if one is very wealthy, if he has great riches, he becomes attractive to the people in general
- I am not talking of any government. We are not in politics. We are talking of preaching. Why? Why this government you should try to change? Where is the better replacement? First of all find out the better replacement. Then you talk of changing
- I shall be very glad to accept an educated and intelligent disciple like you, but first of all we must meet and you should know whether you can accept me as your Spiritual Master, or I can accept you as my disciple
- I thank you very much for sending me the poster with pictures of Mr. Ginsberg and myself. It is very nicely done. Now on that I shall lead the kirtana. I shall first of all chant, and our devotees should respond as usual
- I wanted first of all the residential place. And they criticize me, "Oh, you did not construct temple first." And a temple of the devotees is first, our temple. Then God. God will come if there are devotees
- If the chili becomes sweet and sugar becomes hot, that is adharma. Try to understand this. So first of all, who can give us dharma? That is stated in the sastras, dharmam tu saksad bhagavat-pranitam
- If the taste and character differ between the man and woman, their combination will be unhappy. Even about forty years ago, in Indian marriages, the taste and character of the boy and girl were first of all matched, and then they were allowed to marry
- If there is any doubt, that "I cannot accept his words verbatim," then one should not accept him as spiritual master. That is hypocrisy. One must be first of all convinced
- If we want jnana - because the jnanamaya-yajna is recommended the highest yajna - if we actually want jnana, then we have to first of all find out a person who is tattva-darsi. Just like if you have to purchase gold, you must know where gold is available
- If you are in the sunshine, sunlight, then you see the sun as well as yourself. Is it not? Therefore to see the self means first of all see the Supreme Self. The Supreme Self is Krsna
- If you become devotee of Vasudeva, bhaja vasudevam, then very quickly you will become jnanavan. First of all, one becomes jnanavan; then he surrenders to Vasudeva. Sarva-dharman parityajya mam ekam saranam vraja
- If you have got imperfect eyes, what you can see? First of all you admit that you have got imperfect eyes. Then what you can see with your imperfect eyes?
- If you say that they are animal civilization, that is a great credit for them. It is less than animal civilization. Write all this in papers and everything, all openly. Challenge strongly. First of all, realize, then challenge
- If you think that you are not fit for my surrender, that's all right. But first of all you find out somebody where you can surrender; then talk
- If you want to become happy, first of all we must get this knowledge, that "I am not this body."
- If you want to learn the transcendental subject matter, then you must adopt three things. First of all surrender. Find out that kind of person where you can surrender. If there is no surrender, it is not possible
- In the beginning you have to learn first of all how to become Krsna conscious. We are in the training period. We should not imitate
- In the name of japa and dozing and everything is unclean. This nonsense should not be allowed. Ask them, "Stop japping. First of all clean. Then japa, make japa"
- In the sun planet we receive this knowledge from Bhagavad-gita. Krsna says, imam vivasvate yogam proktavan aham avyayam: "I first of all spoke this science of Bhagavad-gita to Vivasvan"
- In the Vedic hymns, it is clearly said that first of all Narayana cast a glance over matter and thus there was creation. Before creation, there was neither Brahma nor Siva, and what to speak of others
- In Vrndavana, Nrsimha-vallabha Gosvami, you know? He comes to me. He says, "So many people are jealous upon you." I say that first of all you create something like me. Then you become jealous
- It is not by mundane scholarship: "I think it is like that." Who are you? You are thinking like that? No. That is not the process.Two things must be there. First of all pranipata, and the other side, seva, and the middle, pariprasna
- It is said at the time of destruction, first of all there will be no rain, no rain for hundreds of years. So everything will dry up and die, practically by continuous sunshine
- It is the etiquette, before speaking anything, the disciple should first of all offer respect to the spiritual master
- It seems that Arjuna had mastered the mystic yoga power by which yogis can travel to any planet they desire. He first of all went to the planet known as Yamaloka, where the superintendent of death, Yamaraja, lives
- Krishna can help us immediately with all of His resources, but first of all He wants to see how much we can work seriously. So the more we become steady and serious, the more help we will have from Him, rest assured
- Krsna and Jambavan first of all fought with weapons, then with stones, then with big trees, then hand to hand, until at last they were hitting each other with their fists, their blows like the striking of thunderbolts
- Krsna continued, "First of all, you (Rukmini) may know that I was so much afraid of Jarasandha that I could not dare live on the land, and thus I have constructed this house within the water of the sea"
- Krsna first of all constructed a very strong wall covering ninety-six square miles, and the wall itself was within the sea. It was certainly wonderful and was planned and constructed by Visvakarma
- Krsna first of all offered respect to His spiritual master, then to His father and then to His elder brother, Balarama. In this way Lord Krsna, the lotus-eyed, was completely happy and pure at heart in all of His dealings
- Krsna is suggesting that first of all jnana. The rascals have no knowledge how to become happy. They are thinking they will be happy by drinking wine and eating meat and having sex life unlimitedly
- Krsna makes condition that "First of all you surrender. Then I take charge of you." But Caitanya Mahaprabhu is more compassionate than Krsna
- Krsna says that "First of all you become devotee of My devotee." Caitanya Mahaprabhu says, gopi-bhartuh pada-kamalayor dasa-dasa-dasanudasah: "I am the servant of the servant of the servant of Krsna." This is called parampara system
- Let this couple first of all legally marry. After that we bless them by observing a fire ceremony. It is not necessary to burden me with these matters. Please consult with the local GBC
- Lord Buddha appeared to stop animal-killing, ahimsa. He did not say anything more. His only mission was, "Let these rascals first of all stop this animal-killing, they'll understand further about spiritual advancement''
- Lord Buddha propounded the philosophy, "Make all your nonsense activities zero, so much. First of all make zero, then positive we shall say"
- Lord Caitanya said to Govinda: "How you first of all came across, why not again crossing?" "That I came to serve You. And now I cannot cross You to take my prasadam. That is not my duty. That is for myself. And it is for You"
- O Sanatana, now hear from Me about the yuga-avataras, the incarnations for the millenniums. First of all, there are four yugas - Satya-yuga, Treta-yuga, Dvapara-yuga and Kali-yuga
- Once Sridama challenged Bhadrasena and said to him, "My dear friend, you needn't be afraid of me yet. I shall first of all defeat our brother Balarama, then I shall beat Krsna, and then I shall come to you"
- One has to get free from the bodily conception of life. That is the preliminary activity for a transcendentalist who wants to get free, who wants to be liberated. And he has to learn first of all that he is not this material body
- One has to learn by surrendering, pranipata. So first of all there must be a strong impulse to inquire about the transcendental subject matter. Then one requires a guru. Not that, to follow a fashion, that one has guru
- One who has accepted the sannyasa order of life is forbidden to accept as a disciple anyone who is not fit. A sannyasi should first of all examine whether a prospective student is sincerely seeking Krsna consciousness
- One who wants to become free, who wants to become liberated, must first of all learn that he is not this material body. Mukti, or liberation, means freedom from material consciousness
- Our process is deductive. We say that man is mortal, first of all. Therefore John is a man. He is also mortal. This is deductive process. First of all we accept, man is mortal. The inductive process is that "Why shall I accept man is mortal?
- Regarding relocating New Kuruksetra and beginning the Bhaktivedanta Institute there, first of all decide among the scientists, Svarupa Damodara and party, and if they agree then I have no objection
- Regarding the Radha-Krishna Murtis, first of all, as you are searching out a permanent place, the best thing will be to install Them in that permanent place. It doesn't matter if it is on rent or purchased
- Sabda means sound. If we want to see God, so let us hear first of all the sound vibration, because that is the beginning
- She (Govinda Dasi) first of all cultivated the tulasi plant in Hawaii. And now our tulasi plants are distributed. So she has done a great service
- So far the presidents are concerned, they should not be abruptly changed in future. If there is any complaint they should be first of all informed to me
- So first of all there must be a strong impulse to inquire about the transcendental subject matter. Then one requires a guru. Not that, to follow a fashion, that one has guru
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu first of all called for Kasi Misra, then for the superintendent of the temple, then for Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, He's also Krsna. He has appeared as devotee. He appeared first of all as the Supreme Lord, Krsna, and He instructed Bhagavad-gita to the fallen souls and He asserted His Lordship
- Srila Rupa Gosvami is not teaching in the beginning the loving affairs of Radha-Krsna. No. He's training, first of all, the reader, the devotee, how to become first of all pure devotee
- Srimad-Bhagavatam is the summum bonum remedy for suffering humanity in the clutches of maya. Srila Vyasadeva therefore first of all diagnosed the actual disease of the conditioned souls, i.e., their being illusioned by the external energy
- Sukadeva Gosvami says, "King Ambarisa first of all concentrated his mind on the lotus feet of Lord Krsna and then engaged his speech in describing the pastimes and activities of the Lord"
- Take "everyone is rascal," then train them. That is wanted. Take everyone as rascal. There is no question that "Here is intelligent man, here is rascal, here is the..." No. First of all take them all rascals, and then train them
- Take this one criterion: anything you want to learn from somebody, first of all you see whether that somebody is a devotee of Krsna; otherwise don't take any lesson
- That is my personal experience. In the beginning, when my Guru Maharaja ordered me, I thought it that "I shall first of all become very rich man; then I shall preach"
- The acarya will pick up that "They are meant for becoming brahmanas. They are meant for ksatriyas." Or for coming from ksatriya family, or the brahmana family... So first of all, these varnas, then asrama
- The books should be written in simple language. First of all try to explain what is God, then what is the relationship of God with the world and the living entities. Then explain what is our duty in that relationship with God
- The cook cooking very, very nice foodstuffs in the kitchen, but he cannot eat in the beginning. That is not possible. Then he will be dismissed. The master first of all must take, and then they can enjoy
- The demoniac people first of all killed Jesus Christ: "You are speaking 'Thou shall not kill'? I shall kill you." Just see. This is the position. "So what is my fault? You want to kill me?" "Because you are speaking of God, therefore we shall kill you."
- The devotee then becomes doubly unhappy." First of all the devotee becomes unhappy because his riches have been taken away by Krsna, and he is made even more unhappy when his relatives desert him because of his poverty
- The first doubt of Maharaja Pariksit: First of all, from the material calculation He (Krsna) was only eight years old. At that age a boy cannot be lusty. Apta-kama means that the Supreme Personality of Godhead is self-satisfied
- The leaders must know first of all how they can do good for their followers, by understanding the real method of karma-yoga, or work with transcendental results. If the physician is himself a diseased fellow, how can he endeavor to heal others?
- The physician first of all diagnose that what is the disease; then he gives medicine. Similarly, first of all you ascertain what is your constitutional position. You try to understand. That is the beginning everywhere. That is Vedic literature
- The sinful list we have given, the four principles, illicit sex life, intoxication, meat-eating & gambling. These are the four pillars of sinful life. We request our students first of all break these four pillars. So the roof of sinful life will collapse
- The subject of the Bhagavad-gita entails the comprehension of five basic truths. First of all, the science of God is explained and then the constitutional position of the living entities, jivas
- The voluntary suffering means what is our enjoyment? First of all let us see. The enjoyment is if we can eat voraciously, eating, and if we can sleep thirty hours, and if we have got sex life without any discrimination, and don't care for defense
- The whole process should be purifying desire, purifying desire, mind. Mind is the source of desires. Therefore the bhakti process is first of all engage the mind
- The whole world is disturbed. Why? Because it is full of these sinful men: drunkards, woman hunters, gamblers, and intoxicants. The whole world. And they are expecting peace. Nonsense. Where is peace? First of all educate them to become sinless
- There is fighting, due to ajnana. So first of all we have to drive away this ajnana. Therefore Krsna is teaching Arjuna that "You are not this body. You are spirit soul." This is the first spiritual instruction by the authority to anyone
- There is soul. This is the proof there is soul. This is the proof. What is that proof? First of all there is consciousness. This is the proof. But you cannot measure. The place is also located. The soul is there in the heart
- There were many considerations by Kardama Muni before accepting the daughter of Svayambhuva Manu. Most important is that Devahuti had first of all fixed her mind on marrying him
- Therefore, one should first of all hear about the Lord. When one has perfectly and scrutinizingly heard, one must glorify His acts and deeds, and thus it will become possible to remember constantly the transcendental nature of the Lord
- These are the devotional process. Hear. First of all, hearing. Hearing means the perfect knowledge, hearing from the authority
- They are keeping men as dogs, and they want peace. How it is possible? They are educating general mass of people like cats and dogs, and they want peace. How it is possible? Make them first of all sober men. Then there is question of peace
- They must give up japa; first of all clean
- This hypocrisy should be stopped. There have been so many fallen down. First of all there will be no sannyasi anymore. I have got very bad experience
- This kind of apprehension of some mishap to Krsna first of all becomes manifested as an object of lamentation, but gradually it develops into such compassionate loving ecstasy that it turns to another channel and gives transcendental pleasure
- This process, this transcendental knowledge, super, superhuman knowledge, you cannot think first of all. You cannot think. You have to learn. Realize after learning from the authority
- This spiritual platform, to reach, requires gradually process of cultivation, and there is no difficulty to reach the spiritual platform. But first of all, the training of the mind is practiced by the yoga system. Yoga means to control the mind
- This system now should stop that somebody's coming for three days - "Prabhupada, initiate him." Why? First of all see whether he's fit for becoming a disciple; then recommend. Otherwise, don't recommend
- This we can experience, that as soon as the spirit is entered into the womb of the mother, they develops skin and the child develops body. So this is very practical, that first of all, not that simply by sexual intercourse a child is born
- This whole Vedic civilization is made just to train how you can be detached from this so-called family affection. This is Vedic training. First of all brahmacari. Brahmacari means to lead the life of austerity
- Those who are sinful, they do not take immediately birth. They first of all trained up in the hellish planet how to suffer to become accustomed and then they are taken birth, then suffer
- Those who are trying to live for many years, they are being instructed, taravah kim na jivanti (SB 2.3.18). They are also living being. And what is the use of living? First of all, that... For the same purpose, eating, sleeping, mating
- Those who worship Narayana first of all utter the name of Laksmi, as Laksmi-Narayana. Similarly, those who worship Lord Rama first of all utter the name of Sita. In any case - Sita-Rama, Radha-Krsna, Laksmi-Narayana - the potency always comes first
- To enter into the spiritual life, first thing is first of all to accept a guru
- To enter the city of Pragjyotisa-pura was not a very easy task, because it was very well fortified. First of all, there were four strongholds guarding the four directions of the city, which was well protected on all sides by formidable military strength
- We accept a disciple to engage in the bhajana-kriya - first of all he must give up these anarthas. So these anarthas, one cannot giving up smoking or drinking, but actually, if he takes to devotional service, he can very easily give up
- We do not make cheap disciples. Our condition is first of all you must give up these things: illicit sex and meat-eating and intoxication, up to the drinking of tea and cigarette. You have to give up. And gambling
- We first of all offer tulasi and flower to the legs of Krsna, not to the head. The bhakti-yoga begins from the lotus feet of Krsna
- We have to wait for that revelation. Not by force. Force will not act. Krsna is not our order-supplier, servant: "Krsna, please come here. I'll see You." No, no. That will not do. You must be submissive, first of all surrender
- When the living entity prefers to misuse his independence & glide down towards nescience, the all-merciful Lord first of all tries to protect him from the trap, but when he persists in gliding down to hell, the Lord helps him to forget his real position
- When we are completely, cent per cent follower of acarya, then you can also act as acarya. This is the process. Don't become premature acarya. First of all follow the orders of acarya, and you become mature
- Whenever one goes to see some saintly person or to visit a temple, he must offer something. That will help him. It is enjoined that one should first of all dedicate his life and if it is not possible to do that, that one should dedicate his money
- Who is my disciple? First of all let him follow strictly the disciplined rules
- Without knowing what is divine service, one cannot be divinely compassionate. First of all one should make his own life divine; then he can make divine compassion
- Without Krsna's sanction, you cannot do anything. Therefore first of all you desire, and Krsna gives you sanction to fulfill your desire. And as you, you fulfill your desire, you become complicated with the reaction of your desire
- Yes, it is very good if you can chant 64 rounds; this is very nice if you can do it. But first of all we should not be disturbed by any circumstances. If you do become disturbed then this means you are still deficient in reaching the point
- Yes, we shall consult. First of all, let them take. Then we shall propose that
- Yes. That if you want to eat meat and chicken, then you first of all sacrifice before their deity. So at least they'll be restricted from eating meat purchased from slaughterhouse
- You are a rascal, you are against Krsna, why Krsna will give you facility? If you are against Krsna and you want the credit without Krsna, that's not possible. You must be submissive first of all. Then Krsna will give you all facilities
- You become guru, but you must be qualified first of all. Then you become... What is the use of producing some rascal guru?
- You can do any nonsense and still you become initiated. Give me some money. No. We don't make such compromise. You must first of all agree to give up all these sinful activities. Then I can accept you. I can initiate you. This is our process
- You cannot argue with the spiritual master. First of all, you have to select a spiritual master where you can completely surrender
- You cannot get the position of Prahlada Maharaja immediately. That is not possible. The process is, first of all, sadhana-bhakti. This Prahlada Maharaja's position is different. He is maha-bhagavata
- You cannot understand why Krsna said to Arjuna that "You fight." First of all understand yourself. That is the first instruction the Arjuna was given
- You don't, you do not want, you want or not want, that is not the question. First of all you must know what is your real identity. You do not want and do want, that independence you have got always. That is a different thing
- You first of all surrender to Me. I am not your order-supplier
- You may continue to photograph all the manuscripts of Bhaktivinode Thakura & other great acaryas in our Vaisnava line, but for now do not photograph anything of Lalita Prasad's manuscripts. When I go there I shall see. First of all let us see BT's works