Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
failure | failures
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Failure"
The following 61 pages are in this category, out of 61 total.
- A devotee once said, "It is very astonishing that since I have seen this Personality of Godhead who is washed by the tears of my eyes, there is shivering of my body, and He has made me a failure in executing my material duties"
- A servant may desire to start his own business and imitate his master, and when he chooses to do so, he may leave the protection of his master. Sometimes he is a failure, and sometimes he is successful
- Any amount of mental speculation on the strength of material science and knowledge without any bona fide touch with the Absolute Truth is sure to be a mundane untruth and failure
- As in the material world sometimes failure is considered as a pillar of success, similarly in the spiritual order also the same principle can be applied. So don't be disappointed. Maybe Krishna's desire is something higher in this connection
- Before the hearing of Srimad-Bhagavatam Brahma might have fallen a victim to such sensuality (Brahma was sexually inclined to his own daughter), but after hearing Srimad-Bhagavatam directly from the Lord, there was no possibility of such failures
- Brahma said, "My dear Lord, there are many instances in the history of human society where a person, after failing to achieve the transcendental platform, engaged himself in devotional service with his body, mind and words"
- Darwin's theory is a failure because he cannot explain that why there are different types humans, white men, black men, colored men, deformed men and no one's face is identical to anyone
- Despite his life of failure, Dhrtarastra achieved the greatest of all success in self-realization by the forceful instructions of a pure devotee of the Lord
- Even in such an advanced country there may be possibility such failure but failure in America is more dangerous than that in India. In India they are not so much dependent on electricity but in America the whole activity is dependent on electricity
- Even the activities of the salvationists are considered to be useless because of their failure to pick up the fountainhead of all liberties
- If I am not fit for a certain thing and if I am engaged in that business, that will be failure. That will be failure. For a particular type of business, occupation, one must have particular type of brain. So therefore this is division
- If one wants to artificially stop the activities of the senses, his attempt will be a failure. Even the great yogi Visvamitra, who was trying to control his senses by the yoga process, fell victim to the beauty of Menaka
- If the mystic yogi is diverted by the accompanying feats of mystic control, then his mission of yogic success is a failure, because the ultimate aim is God realization
- If this philosophy (Krsna consciousness) is accepted, the failure of the United Nations to unite all nations will be sufficiently compensated all over the world by a great Krsna consciousness movement
- If we try to understand God by our limited knowledge, it will be a failure. We have to understand God from God. Then that will be perfect knowledge. So this Bhagavad-gita is the science of God where God is speaking about Himself
- If you imitate spiritual life for material benefit, then it will be failure. So the Gosvamis did not do so. They gave up this material opulence for spiritual advancement, positive
- In the Absolute field both success and failures are glorious. Even Lord Nityananda pretended to be a failure to convert Jagai and Madhai in the first attempt, rather he was personally injured in such attempt but that was certainly not ludicrous
- It is the duty of attendants to give protection to their master, and in case of failure it is their duty to die
- Mahatma Gandhi started the hari-jana movement to purify the untouchables, but he was a failure because he thought that one could become a hari-jana, a personal associate of the Lord, through some kind of material adjustment
- Must put water in the root. Then it will be all right. Otherwise, it will be all failure. The history of the world is like that. They are trying for the nation, for the society, for the community, and for the family, but everything has become unsuccessful
- One is considered to be a failure in life as long as he makes no inquiry about his real identity. As long as he does not know his real identity, he has to work for fruitive results for sense gratification
- One should have unflinching faith in God and spiritual master. Don't jump over God, crossing the spiritual master. Then it will be failure. You must go through. We are observing Vyasa-puja ceremony, the birth anniversary of our Guru Maharaja
- One should know definitely that unless one inquires about his own self beyond the body and the mind, all his activities in human life are total failures
- Our Gaudiya Matha people, those who were leaders, they wanted to supersede the order of Guru Maharaja. Therefore it was failure
- Sannyasa, or any purificatory process, is to help reach the ultimate goal of becoming Krsna conscious, without which everything is considered a failure
- Silence may appear helpful for some time, but ultimately it proves a failure
- So even by failure, they would get some title and allowed to practice as medical man. But that does not mean that we may try to fail also. No. The aim should be to become successful, not to fail, not to fail
- Sometimes people neglect to accept a spiritual master, and instead they endeavor for self-realization by mystic yoga practice, but there are many instances of failure, even by great yogis like Visvamitra
- The artificial means of the yogic processes to make the senses inactive has proved to be abject failure, even in the case of great yogis like Visvamitra Muni
- The best thing is to attain the highest perfection of deathlessness as soon as the human form of life is attained; otherwise the whole policy of human life will prove to be a total failure
- The cowherd men who were taking care of the cows on the top of Govardhana Hill tried to stop them, but they failed. Baffled by their failure, they were feeling ashamed and angry
- The inhabitants of Naimisaranya offered their heartfelt blessings to the Lord, and all agreed that none of Lord Balarama’s attempts to do something would ever be a failure
- The material world is so made that unless one becomes a clever diplomat, his life will be a failure
- The Srimad-Bhagavatam therefore says again and again that without attainment of the status of bhakti-yoga, all the activities of human society are to be considered absolute failures only
- The unfortunate man, unsuccessful in maintaining his family members, is bereft of all beauty. He always thinks of his failure, grieving very deeply
- The word agraha means "eagerness to accept," and agraha means "failure to accept." By the addition of either of these two words to the word niyama ("rules and regulations"), the word niyamagraha is formed
- There must be engagement, proper engagement. If the engagement is not Krsna consciousness, then this so-called sannyasa will be failure
- Unless one is saved from the wrong conception of the body and the soul, there is no knowledge of Godhead, and unless there is knowledge of God, all advancement of material civilization, however dazzling, should be considered a failure
- Unless, one is saved from the wrong conception of the body and the soul, there is no knowledge of Godhead, and unless there is knowledge of God, all advancement of material civilization, however dazzling, should be considered a failure
- We are not always successful in our attempts in preaching work but such failures are not certainly ludicrous
- We are trying to conquer so many things, empire, but if we fail to conquer our mind, then even you conquer an empire, that is a failure. His very mind will be the greatest enemy
- When Gandhari saw, she saw that he was not fully naked, so she regretted, "O my dear son, I asked you to come before me naked. Why you have got this...?" "No, Krsna advised." Then she began to smile, that "My attempt is failure." So Krsna knew it
- You can be engaged in everything but if you utilize everything according to the instruction of Krsna then it will be successful. Otherwise it will be failure
- You know the story? The jackal? He tried for the grapes, jumping, jumping, jumping. When it was failure, he said, "Oh, it is useless. It is sour, no use"
- You try to understand this simple fact, that without God consciousness, you may prescribe so many things - they will be all failure, all failure. And God consciousness cannot be achieved without being pure. This is the problem