Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
factor | factors
- VedaBase query: factor or factors not "factor of time" not "time factor"
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Factor"
The following 57 pages are in this category, out of 57 total.
- A person conversant in different departments of knowledge is called educated, and because he acts on moral principles, he is called morally stout. Together, these two factors constitute learning
- Although devotional humors are sometimes found in mixtures, a particular humor is always found to be a prominent and constant factor. That prominent humor is to be accepted as the devotee's main relationship with Krsna
- As the living being is the important factor in the material body, for without the living being the material body has no value, similarly without Paramatma the living being has no status quo
- At the same time, he could not rid himself of his unlawful affection for his sons. Understanding these two contradictory factors, he offered his respectful obeisances to the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Desire is the concomitant factor of the living entity. The living entity is eternal, and therefore his desires, which are natural for a living being, are also eternal. One cannot, therefore, stop desiring, but the subject matter for desires can be changed
- Dhrtarastra could realize two opposing factors acting before him. He could understand that Krsna was there to remove all the unnecessary burdens of the world. His sons were an unnecessary burden, and so he expected that they would be killed
- Hare Krishna Mantra is the greatest common factor for self-realization. Please preach this philosophy whole-heartedly and Krishna will be very much pleased upon you
- Home, country, family, society, wealth and all sorts of corollaries are all causes of bondage in the material world, where the threefold miseries of life are concomitant factors
- I have no objection for Mirabai's songs, but I think Hare Krishna is the greatest common factor understandable by all people all over the world. The chanting is transcendental and quickly effective
- I think in ordinary administration the presidents of different centers may consult amongst themselves and make certain general procedures by mutual agreement. But when there is some more important factor, that must be referred to me
- If we want to put an end to this process of repeated birth and death, as well as the concomitant factors of old age and disease, we must try to enter the spiritual planets
- In all these humors of ecstatic love, the feeling of anger is accepted as the steady factor
- In the Bhagavad-gita Krsna is the principal factor, but anyone who is trying to kill Krsna and reading Bhagavad-gita, that is Kamsa's reading
- In the Bhagavad-gita, five important factors of knowledge have been delineated pertaining to (1) the Supreme Lord, (2) the living being, (3) nature, (4) time and space and (5) the process of activity
- In the formation of a body, the head is the principal factor. The brahmanas are born from the mouth of the Supreme Personality of Godhead in order to accept charity for worship of Visnu and to spread Vedic knowledge
- In vanaprastha life, one can live with his wife without any sexual connection, and the most important factor in all orders of life - brahmacari, grhastha, vanaprastha, and sannyasa - is to chant the Hare Krishna Mantra
- It is better to maintain a class of prostitutes than to encourage prostitutes within society. The real reformation is to enlighten all people to become devotees of the Lord, and that will check all kinds of deteriorating factors of life
- Knowledge, the object of knowledge, and the knower are the three factors that motivate action; the senses, the work and the doer are the three constituents of action
- Krsna says, that those who are miscreants, always disobeying the laws of nature or always denying the prime factor behind the wonderful activities of nature, are mudha, rascals
- One is enjoying in two. Sri Krsna is the potent factor, and Srimati Radharani is the internal potency. According to Vedanta philosophy, there is no difference between the potent and the potency; they are identical
- One who thinks himself the only doer, not considering the five factors, is certainly not very intelligent and cannot see things as they are
- Real reformation is to enlighten all people to become devotees of the Lord, and that will check all kinds of deteriorating factors of life
- Rukmini continued, "Considering all these factors, I thought Jarasandha, Sisupala and similar princes who wanted to marry me to be no more important than ordinary insects"
- Sisupala said, "Ladies and gentlemen, I can appreciate now the statement of the Vedas that, after all, time is the predominating factor"
- Some other unconstitutional symptoms are illusion, forgetfulness, and expectation of danger. In all such circumstances the ecstatic dread is the steady or constant factor
- Some say that the Absolute has no form (nirakara), and others say that the Absolute has a form (sakara). Therefore the word form is the common factor, although some accept it (asti or astika) whereas others try to negate it (nasti or nastika)
- Some scholars recommend that knowledge and renunciation are important factors for elevating oneself to devotional service. But actually that is not a fact
- Srimad-Bhagavatam is the repetition of history which happened some hundreds of millions of years ago. As it was said hereinbefore, only the most important factors of history are picked up to be recorded in this transcendental literature
- Stomach is the principal factor that nourishes the body's organization
- The energy of the Lord called avidya is the bewildering factor of the conditioned souls. The material nature is called avidya, or ignorance, but to the devotees of the Lord engaged in pure devotional service, this energy becomes vidya, or pure knowledge
- The legs move, the hands supply food, the teeth chew, and all parts of the body are engaged in satisfying the stomach because the stomach is the principal factor that nourishes the body's organization
- The other high-grade activities designated as sacrifice, charity, austerity, etc., are all corollary factors following the pure and scientific bhakti cult
- The place of action (the body), the performer, the various senses, the many different kinds of endeavor, and ultimately the Supersoul, these are the five factors of action
- The principles of knowledge and detachment are two important factors on the path of transcendental realization
- The production is never identical with the original source of the energy, but the original source of energy, being the prime factor, is simultaneously one with and different from the product
- There are also other factors which disturb the plant of devotional service. Along with this plant the weeds of material desires also grow
- There are sufferings from internal diseases, separation from those near and dear, and anxieties for maintaining the status quo. These are but some important factors which make the people of this age always unhappy
- They should know it that bodily relation between the husband and wife is secondary; primary factor is that both should help one another in the matter of advancement of K.C.
- We are not much concerned about the temple because temple worship is not primary factor in this age. Primary factor is Sankirtana. But sometimes we want a center where people may gather and see, so a temple is required secondarily
- When I put on the hat sent by you on my head, everyone says that it is brilliant, and because one has to dress according to the taste of friends this hat has become an important factor of my dressing
- When the samvit factor of cognition is enlightened by the hladini potency of the same internal energy, they work together, and only thus can one attain knowledge of the Personality of Godhead
- When we compare the laborer class of men with intellect, intellectual class of men, there is difference. But both of them are important factors to maintain this body. That is called varnasrama-dharma
- Yoga practice is essentially meant for controlling the senses. The central controlling factor of all the senses is the mind; therefore one first has to practice controlling the mind by engaging it in Krsna consciousness
- You (Lord Krsna) are the eternally irreproachable factor covered by the curtain of deluding energy. You are invisible to the foolish observer, exactly as an actor dressed as a player is not recognized