Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
evil | evils
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Evil"
The following 32 pages are in this category, out of 32 total.
- All living entities are created by the Supreme Lord according to their past deeds. This includes Pisacas, ghosts, spirits, lunatics and evil spirits, the good and evil stars, the goblins, the animals in the forest, the birds and the household animals
- Although Putana was an evil spirit, she gained elevation just like the mother of the Supreme Personality of Godhead. It is clear that the cows and the elder gopis who offered milk to Krsna were also elevated to the transcendental position
- Bharata Maharaja was determined to finish his business in this material world, and he did not at all care for the world of duality. He was complete in Krsna consciousness and was oblivious to good and evil, happiness and distress
- By the evil deeds of those who destroy the family tradition and thus give rise to unwanted children, all kinds of community projects and family welfare activities are devastated
- God is all good. There is no good or evil. Whatever God does, that is all good. But if we imitate God, then it is evil. That is the disease of material disease
- Good, or piety, that is God's frontage, and evil means God's back side. So taking this example, the chest or the back of my body, they are equal
- In Brahma the opulence of creative power is invested, and King Prthu is invested with the power for maintaining the living entities. Similarly, in Parasurama the power for killing evil elements is invested
- In the material world, one who is unaffected by whatever good or evil he may obtain, neither praising it nor despising it, is firmly fixed in perfect knowledge
- In this connection there is the following statement: "How can a person take pleasure in the enjoyment of sex life in this body, which is a bag of skin and bones, filled with blood, covered by skin and flesh and which produces mucus and evil smells?"
- It was an open secret that Duryodhana wanted to usurp the kingdom of the Pandavas by evil plans, in collaboration with his father, Dhrtarastra
- Like the most experienced evil stars, they (evil witches known as Dakinis, Yatudhanis, Kusmandas and evil spirits like Bhutas, Pretas, Pisacas, Yaksas, Raksasas, Vinayakas) all create great disturbances, especially for children
- Lord Siva informed Sudaksina that if such a black ritualistic ceremony were performed properly, then the evil spirit named Daksinagni would appear and then carry out any order given to him
- Man cannot check all these evils simply by statutory acts and police vigilance, but he can cure the disease of the mind by the proper medicine, namely advocating the principles of brahminical culture
- Men who are like dogs, hogs, camels and asses praise those men who never listen to the transcendental pastimes of Lord Sri Krsna, the deliverer from evils
- Mother Yasoda chanted different names of Visnu to protect child Krsna’s different bodily parts. Mother Yasoda was firmly convinced that she should protect her child from different kinds of evil spirits and ghosts
- One has to work for the satisfaction of Visnu. Any other work done in this material world will be a cause of bondage, for both good and evil work have their reactions, and any reaction binds the performer
- One who is fixed in Krsna consciousness is not affected by good and evil, because he is simply concerned with Krsna, who is all-good absolute. Such consciousness in Krsna situates one in a perfect transcendental position called, technically, samadhi
- One who is not agitated by such material upheavals, who is unaffected by good and evil, is to be understood to be fixed in Krsna consciousness
- The evil spirits like Bhutas, Pretas, Pisacas, Yaksas, Raksasas and Vinayakas, are always ready to give trouble to the body, the life air and the senses, causing loss of memory, madness and bad dreams
- The evil witches known as Dakinis, Yatudhanis and Kusmandas are the greatest enemies of children
- The gopis, headed by mother Yasoda and Rohini, chanted the names of Visnu to give Krsna’s body full protection from all evil influences. They washed their hands and feet and sipped water three times, as is the custom before chanting mantra
- The Kali-santarana Upanisad states, "Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare/ Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare - these sixteen names composed of thirty-two syllables are the only means to counteract the evil effects of Kali-yuga
- What you call evil, that quality is also there in God. But God, being absolute, there is no evil; everything is good. God is good
- While the discussion was going on, baby Krsna cried. Without remonstration, mother Yasoda picked the child up on her lap and called the learned brahmanas to chant holy Vedic hymns to counteract the evil spirits