Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
enjoin | enjoined | enjoins
Pages in category "Enjoined"
The following 54 pages are in this category, out of 54 total.
- A brahmacari, from the very beginning of his life, he is trained to act only for guru. That is brahmacari. It is enjoined that a brahmacari live at the shelter, at the care of guru just like a menial servant
- A person who personally practices the tenets of religion as they are enjoined in the sastras and who also teaches others the same principles is called religious
- Although Krsna previously explained the proficiency of executing Vedic rituals, performing fruitive activity as enjoined in the Vedas, practicing yoga and cultivating jnana, these last instructions are most powerful and stand above all the others
- Arriving in Kuruksetra, the members of the Yadu dynasty took baths ceremoniously, with self-control, as enjoined in the sastras, & they observed fasting for the whole period of the eclipse in order to nullify the reactions of their sinful activities
- As far as the approved method is concerned, it is enjoined in the sastras that intelligent men in this age will take to the sankirtana movement, and by so doing they shall worship the Supreme Personality of Godhead Lord Caitanya
- Bali said, "You (Krsna) can purify me in that way because if someone engages himself in the loving service of Your Lordship, he is immediately freed from all kinds of regulative principles enjoined in the Vedas"
- Because women are easily seduced, the Manu-samhita enjoins that they should not be given freedom. A woman must always be protected, either by her father, by her husband, or by her elderly son
- If a person gives up all material desires and completely engages in the transcendental loving service of Krsna, as enjoined in the revealed scriptures, he is never indebted to the demigods, sages or forefathers
- If by chance the spiritual master forgets to call a disciple to partake of the prasada, it is enjoined in the scriptures that the student should fast on that day rather than accept food on his own initiative
- In contact with material energy, the spirit soul acquires material modes, and to purify the soul from such affinities it is necessary to engage in the prescribed duties enjoined in the sastras
- In our Vedic science of living, it is enjoined that the society should be organized in such a way to protect women, children, old people and cows, because factually all of them are innocent
- In rare cases where the father is completely unable to give a dowry, it is enjoined that he must at least give a fruit and a flower
- In the Bhakti-Rasamrita-Sindhu it is enjoined by Srila Rupa Goswami that any work, either prescribed in the Vedas or ordinary mundane activities, if the target is to satisfy Krishna, then everything is devotional service
- Indeed, the advanced uttama-adhikari Vaisnava devotee should be accepted as a spiritual master. Everything one possesses should be offered to him, for it is enjoined that one should deliver whatever he has to the spiritual master
- It is enjoined in the Vaisnaviya Purana that Visnu, or Narayana, is the exalted Supreme Personality of Godhead, and no one should be compared to Him as equal
- It is therefore enjoined in Vedic literature that one should always try to associate with saintly persons and try to disassociate oneself from the common man, because by one word of a saintly person one can be liberated from material entanglement
- Krsna continued, "Since you (Mucukunda) are so eager to know about Me, I may inform you I have now appeared on this planet just to annihilate the demoniac principles of the people in general, reestablish the religious principles enjoined in the Vedas"
- Krsna continued, "To become purified, one is enjoined to worship the fire, the sun, the moon, the earth, the water, the air, the sky and the mind"
- One has to get out of this material entanglement and return home, back to Godhead. That is real happiness. The Vedas therefore enjoin: "Don't remain in the darkness of this material world. Go to the light of the spiritual world"
- One is enjoined to sit within a circle of fire, with flames blazing from four sides and the sun blazing directly overhead. This is one kind of panca-tapah recommended for austerity
- One should broadcast the cult of devotional service. He specifically instructed His devotees to enjoin all Indians to broadcast this message throughout the world because at that time the Lord could not personally travel to other parts of the world
- Pleased to see their wives back home, the brahmanas sat together with them and executed the performances of sacrifices, as enjoined in the sastras. According to Vedic principle, religious rituals must be executed by the husband and wife together
- Prescribed duties are activities enjoined in terms of one's acquired modes of material nature. Capricious work means actions without the sanction of authority, and inaction means not performing one's prescribed duties
- The brahmana (Srutadeva) had no desire to get more than what he needed, and thus he was peacefully executing the regulative principles of a brahmana's life, as enjoined in the revealed scriptures
- The exemplary character of devotional service manifested by the devotees of Vandavana is the purest type of devotion. It is enjoined in authoritative sastras that devotional service must be ahaituki and apratihata
- The exemplary character of devotional service manifested by the devotees of Vrndavana is the purest type of devotion. It is enjoined in authoritative sastras that devotional service must be ahaituki and apratihata
- The institution of varna and asrama prescribes many regulative duties to be observed by its followers. Such duties enjoin that a candidate willing to study the Vedas must approach a bona fide spiritual master and request acceptance as his disciple
- The Lord (Balarama) replied, "Yes, I must atone for this action, which may have been proper for Me but is improper for others; therefore, I think it is My duty to execute a suitable act of atonement enjoined in the authorized scriptures"
- The ordinary karmis, who want to enjoy the results of fruitive activities, are concerned only with sacrifices and ritualistic ceremonies as enjoined in the Vedic sastras
- The sastra enjoins that even if good qualifications are seen in a person born in a family other than that of a brahmana, the qualified man has to be accepted as a brahmana
- The sastras enjoin that even though a brahmana may be well versed in the occupational brahminical duties and may be very learned in Vedic knowledge, he cannot give advice as a guru until he is a Vaisnava
- The scriptures enjoin that one should associate with sadhus only, rejecting all other kinds of association, and by doing so one will have ample opportunity to hear the sadhus, who can cut to pieces the bonds of illusory affection in the material world
- The sixty-four items of devotional service should include all of our activities of body, mind and speech. The regulative principle of devotional service enjoins that all of our senses must be employed in the service of the Lord
- The specific function of a human being in society, irrespective of his social status, is to practice control of the mind and senses by observing the regulative principles enjoined in the Vedic sastras
- The unfortunate transcendentalists simply speculate on dry philosophy, whereas the transcendentalists who are in love with Radha and Krsna are just like cuckoos enjoying the buds of the mango tree of love of Godhead
- The Vedas enjoin that the factual result of the tree of the body is the good fruits and flowers derived from it. But if the bodily tree does not exist, there is no possibility of factual fruits and flowers
- The Vedas enjoin: yajno vai visnuh. In other words, the same purpose is served whether one performs prescribed yajnas or directly serves Lord Visnu. Krsna consciousness is therefore performance of yajna
- The word 'nirgrantha' refers to one who is liberated from the material knots of ignorance. It also refers to one who is devoid of all regulative principles enjoined in the Vedic literature. It also refers to one who does not have knowledge
- There are many Vaisnava families in Bengal whose members, although not actually born brahmanas, act as acaryas by initiating disciples and offering the sacred thread as enjoined in the Vaisnava tantras
- What is the value of opinion if the people are all asses? There is no opinion. One should take as it is enjoined in the sastra. No opinion. What is the use of taking opinion of an ass?
- Whenever one goes to see some saintly person or to visit a temple, he must offer something. That will help him. It is enjoined that one should first of all dedicate his life and if it is not possible to do that, that one should dedicate his money