Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
embrace | embraced | embraces | embracing
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Embrace"
The following 110 pages are in this category, out of 110 total.
- A faithful wife cannot live without her lord, the husband, and therefore all widows used to voluntarily embrace the burning fire which consumed the dead husband
- A woman will enchant him with attractive glances, intimate words, smiles of love and then embraces. In this way she induces him to enjoy sex with her to her full satisfaction
- Advaita Acarya, Nityananda Prabhu and all the other devotees showed their causeless mercy to Rupa Gosvami by embracing him in return
- After embracing their children, the men took the cows back to the top of Govardhana Hill. Along the way they began to think of their children, and affectionate tears fell from their eyes
- After following Her (Mohini-murti) with great speed, Lord Siva caught Her by the braid of Her hair and dragged Her near him. Although She was unwilling, he embraced Her with his arms
- After hearing this, Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu embraced Ramananda Raya, and both of them, embracing shoulder to shoulder, began to cry
- After instructing the brahmana Vasudeva in that way, Caitanya Mahaprabhu disappeared from that place. Then the two brahmanas, Kurma and Vasudeva, embraced each other and began to cry, remembering the transcendental qualities of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- After testing Lord Brahma, Bhrgu Muni went directly to the Mount Kailasa, where Lord Siva resides. Bhrgu Muni happened to be Lord Siva's brother. Therefore, as soon as Bhrgu Muni approached, Lord Siva was very glad and personally rose to embrace him
- After this, the Lord embraced both of them and requested all of the devotees present to be merciful upon them and deliver them
- All of them (sages of Naimisaranya) embraced Balarama with great affection and induced Him to perform various kinds of sacrifices in that sacred spot of Naimisaranya
- All the Yadus and Vrndavana residents had been very eager to meet, and when they actually came forward and met, they embraced one another to their hearts’ satisfaction and remained in embrace for a considerable time
- Although a devotee sees all living entities on the level of spiritual existence, he is not interested in associating with everyone. Simply because a tiger is part and parcel of the Supreme Lord does not mean that we embrace him
- An ideal householder should learn from the behavior of Lord Krsna how to rise early in the morning, however comfortably he may be lying in bed embraced by his wife
- Astonished by the ghastly scene, the cowherd boys began to praise Balarama with the words "Well done!" All of them then embraced Balarama with great affection, thinking that He had returned from death. They offered their blessings & congratulations
- At Prayaga, Rupa Gosvami fell down on the ground to offer obeisances to the Lord, and the Lord embraced him with great delight
- Balarama also embraced Akrura. Taking him by the hand, Krsna and Balarama brought him to Their sitting room, where They offered him a very nice sitting place and water for washing his feet
- Because his disease produced wet sores on his body, Sanatana Gosvami used to avoid embracing Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, but nevertheless the Lord would embrace him by force. This made Sanatana Gosvami very unhappy
- Being embraced by Lord Siva like a female elephant embraced by a male, the woman (Mohini-murti), whose hair was scattered, swirled like a snake
- Bhavananda Raya, along with his five sons, fell at the lotus feet of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, who lifted him up and embraced him
- Caitanya said: Sanatana Gosvami is one of the associates of Krsna. There could not be any bad odor from his body. On the first day I embraced him, I smelled the aroma of catuhsama (a mixture of sandalwood pulp, camphor, aguru and musk)
- Crying loudly and embracing the bodies of their husbands, which lay on the wrestling dais, the wives of Kamsa and his brothers lamented, addressing the dead bodies
- He (Balarama) shook hands with those who were His equals in age and friendship and with loud laughing embraced each one of them
- He (Nimai Pandita) then resolved to be a citizen of the world by cutting His connection with His particular family, caste and creed, and with this resolution He embraced the position of a sannyasi at Katwa, under the guidance of Kesava Bharati
- He immediately came to the spot, ready to punish both brothers, but when the all-merciful Lord Gauranga saw Jagai's repentant behavior, He immediately embraced him
- Hindus generally are not so liberal, but Lord Caitanya is very liberal and he embraces anyone from any corner of the world provided he takes to the service of Krishna
- If one embraces others in a false sense of altruism, one can get only a temporary benefit for himself in the shape of some profit, adoration, or distinction
- If you take a nice fruit, mango, the taste is pleasing. That is called rasa, that taste. Anyway, anything enjoy, there is a rasa. Rasa. You love somebody, you kiss somebody, embrace somebody, there is a rasa
- In dream you are thinking your lover is there, you are embracing, and you get discharge, not that that you are not working and it is not, there is no result
- In Kali-yuga, a drunk, half-naked woman embracing a drunk man is a very common sight, especially in the Western countries, and restraining oneself after seeing such things is very difficult
- In the case of the wife of Dronacarya, she did not undergo such a trial (embracing voluntary death along with her husband) because she had her son, the representative of her husband
- In the Visnu-rahasya there is a statement to the effect that one should prefer to embrace a snake, a tiger or an alligator rather than associate with persons who are worshipers of various demigods and who are impelled by material desire
- In the Western countries it is very usual thing - a young man is embracing another young woman or kissing. So there is no fault. But according to Vedic civilization, this is fault because it will give chance to others
- In the Western world one atheistic government tried to induce the innocent citizens to embrace atheistic views. The government sent their propagandists to proselytize the people in the villages
- Krsna consciousness movement is not one-sided. It is all-embracing. Sarve sukhino bhavantu. Krsna consciousness movement wants to see everyone happy
- Krsna said, "Above all, the damsels of Vraja, the gopis, are the most glorious because You (Balarama) embrace them with Your strong arms, being attracted by their beauty"
- Mother Yasoda, mother Rohini, Nanda and Balarama, who is the strongest of the strong, embraced Krsna one after another and, from spontaneous feelings of affection, blessed Him over and over again
- Mukunda Datta offered obeisances unto Gopinatha Acarya upon meeting him. Then the Acarya embraced Mukunda Datta and inquired about news of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Nanda, overwhelmed with joy, immediately stood up and embraced Vasudeva. Vasudeva was received very warmly and offered a nice place to sit
- No one can even imagine how eager the gopis were to see Krsna again. As soon as Krsna became visible to them, they took Him inside their hearts through their eyes and embraced Him to their full satisfaction
- Once Lord Krsna considered within His heart,"The flutelike murmur of the bamboos rubbing against one another steals Radharani's consciousness, for She thinks it to be the sound of My flute. And She embraces a tamala tree, mistaking it for Me"
- One after another, all the members of the family - Devaki, Vasudeva, Lord Sri Krsna, Lord Balarama, Rukmini and all the women of the family - embraced Pradyumna and his wife, Mayavati
- One indirectly embraces the husband by sending the son to embrace him because the son is developed as part of the mother's body
- One should try to do good for others, but only after knowing perfectly how to do good for others. Otherwise, if one embraces others in a false sense of altruism, one can get only a temporary benefit
- Some of the gopis then addressed their gopi friends: "Dear friends, why don’t you question these creepers, who are so jubilantly embracing the big trees as if the trees were their husbands?"
- Srila Rupa Gosvami offered his respectful obeisances unto the lotus feet of them all, and all the devotees, by their mercy, embraced him
- Such people have no sense of decency, and even in public streets or public parks they embrace each other just like cats and dogs and pass it off in the name of love-making
- Sukadeva Gosvami said, "They began to embrace their sons and smell their heads. While doing this, they became almost mad after their children"
- Sukadeva Gosvami says, "Accepting them as their born sons, they lifted them into their arms and began to embrace them, resting the children's bodies upon their own"
- Sukadeva Gosvami says, "As soon as they heard the flute-playing of their boys, they immediately stood up and mentally embraced their sons, who had been created by the direct internal potency of Krsna"
- The asuras are described here as mudha-dhiyah, meaning that they are captivated by ignorance, just like the ass. The demons were captivated by the false, glaring beauty of this material form, and thus they embraced her (the evening twilight)
- The conditioned soul is shackled by the charming beauty of a woman, by her solitary embraces and talks of so-called love, and by the sweet words of his small children. Thus he forgets his real identity
- The embrace of the eyes is more effective in the conjugal relation, and thus according to Srila Jiva Gosvami there is nothing wrong in such an exchange of feeling between husband and wife
- The embrace of the son is not exactly the embrace of husband and wife from the sexual point of view, but the embrace is satisfaction from the affectionate point of view
- The general activities of all the mothers of the cowherd boys were to kiss them, to embrace them, to call them by their names and sometimes to mildly chastise them for their stealing habits
- The insuperable ecstasy was so strong that the queens, who were shy, first embraced the Lord in the innermost recesses of their hearts. Then they embraced Him visually, and then they sent their sons to embrace Him (which is equal to personal embracing)
- The Krsna consciousness movement comprehends all sides of life. It is not that a stereotype "churchianity," weekly going to the church and come back and do all. No. It is embracing all sides of our life
- The Lord said, "I was so pleased with Rupa Gosvami that I embraced him and bestowed upon him all necessary potencies for preaching the bhakti cult"
- The mark of Srivatsa adorns the chest of Lord Visnu, and therefore when Lord Visnu embraced Lord Siva while being circumambulated, the Srivatsa mark touched Lord Siva's bosom
- The moisture oozing from Sanatana’s itching skin did not affect the Lord at all. After speaking with Sanatana Gosvami in this way, the Lord again embraced him, and after this embrace, Sanatana Gosvami became free from the disease
- The most fortunate Nanda and mother Yasoda placed their sons on their laps and began to embrace Them to their full satisfaction
- The mothers of the boys heard the vibration of their flutes before their entrance, and to receive them, they came out of their homes and embraced them. Out of maternal affection, milk was flowing from their breasts
- The reddish kunkuma powder put on the breasts of women was spotted here and there on the garland, indicating that Usa had embraced him (Aniruddha)
- The sober heroine conceals her anger within her heart and externally speaks sweet words. When her lover embraces her, she returns his embrace
- The wife must remain embraced by her husband. Thus she becomes beloved and well protected. Just as one saves his money and places it under his own personal protection, one should similarly protect his wife by his own personal supervision
- The wife of Dronacarya, Krpi, is the sister of Krpacarya. A devoted wife, who is according to revealed scripture the better half of her husband, is justified in embracing voluntary death along with her husband if she is without issue
- Their natural love for each other was awakened in them both, and they embraced and fell to the ground
- Then, when Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu left with all of His devotees, Haridasa Thakura also embraced Srila Rupa Gosvami
- They (Nanda and Yasoda) embraced Balarama and, seating Him on their laps, began their perpetual crying, wetting Balarama with their tears
- They (the cowherd men) began to show paternal love for the children, and with great affection they lifted them in their arms and embraced them. They began to smell their children’s heads and enjoy their company with great happiness
- This woman (Mohini-murti), who had large, high hips, was a woman of yogamaya presented by the Supreme Personality of Godhead. She released Herself somehow or other from the fond embrace of Lord Siva's arms and ran away
- Those bewildered by the spell of Your (Krsna's) external energy embrace the threefold miseries of material existence & are subjected to the dualities of pain and pleasure, sometimes drowning in the ocean of attachment and sometimes being taken out of it
- Thus Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu embraced Haridasa and Rupa Gosvami and left for the seaside to perform His noontime duties
- Tiger is my brother, but not that because originally he's my brother, I shall go and embrace. No. I shall be careful. But not that I shall kill
- Vidura was well received by all the family members by exchange of embraces and obeisances. After that, bathing and arrangements for a sumptuous dinner were made, and then he was given sufficient rest
- Vipralambha serves as a nourishing element for future meetings. When the lover and beloved meet all of a sudden and embrace one another, they feel an ecstasy of happiness, and the state of mind they experience in that ecstasy is called sambhoga
- When Bhrgu Muni refused to embrace his brother, saying that Lord Siva was impure, the latter became very angry with him. It is said that an offense can be committed either with the body, with the mind or by speech
- When everything was done, all the inhabitants of Vrndavana approached Krsna with feelings of love and embraced Him with great ecstasy
- When King Dhrtarastra, Vidura, Yudhisthira, Bhima, Arjuna, Bhismadeva, Dronacarya, Kunti, Nakula, Sahadeva, Narada, Vyasadeva and many other relatives and kinsmen were about to depart, they felt separation and therefore embraced each and every member
- When King Puranjana was embraced by Kalakanya, he gradually lost all his beauty
- When Krsna, Balarama and Uddhava approached the house of Akrura, Akrura came forward, embraced Uddhava and offered respectful obeisances, bowing down before Lord Krsna and Balarama
- When Lord Balarama returned to Vrndavana, all the cowherd boys and the gopis had grown up; but still, on His arrival, they all embraced Him, and Balarama embraced them in reciprocation
- When Lord Siva approached, Bhrgu Muni refused to embrace him. "My dear brother," he said, "you are always very impure. Because you smear your body with ashes, you are not very clean. Please do not touch me"
- When Maharaja Pandu died, both his wives, namely Kunti and Madri, were prepared to embrace the fire, but Madri requested Kunti to live for the sake of the younger children, the five Pandavas. This was agreed upon by Kunti at the added request of Vyasadeva
- When Srinivasa Acarya went to see Raghunatha dasa Gosvami, the Gosvami blessed him by embracing him. Srinivasa Acarya requested his blessings for preaching in Bengal, and Srila Raghunatha dasa Gosvami granted them
- When the Lord arrived, Rupa Gosvami immediately offered his obeisances. Haridasa informed the Lord, "This is Rupa Gosvami offering You obeisances" and the Lord embraced him
- When they (all the Yadus and the residents) were embracing one another in their arms, the saffron and kunkuma spread on their breasts was exchanged from one person to another, and they all felt heavenly ecstasy
- When they (ladies) actually saw Them with their eyes, they took Krsna and Balarama within their hearts and began to embrace Them to their fullest desire. Their bodily hairs stood up in ecstasy
- When they (Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and Sri Ramananda Raya) embraced each other, ecstatic symptoms - paralysis, perspiration, tears, shivering, paleness and standing up of the bodily hairs - appeared. The word "Krsna" came from their mouths falteringly
- When Vrsasura appeared in Vrndavana as a bull, all of the gopis became greatly affected with fear. Being perturbed in that way, they began to embrace the tamala trees
- Whether connected or not connected, the ecstatic emotion arising due to not being able to embrace and kiss each other as desired is called vipralambha. This vipralambha helps nourish emotions at the time of meeting
- While the men were meeting in that way, the women also met one another in the same manner. They embraced one another in great friendship, smiling very mildly, and looked at one another with much affection
- With great love and affection he (King Uttanapada) went forward to embrace his long-lost boy (Dhruva). Breathing very heavily, the King embraced him with both arms
- With great love and affection she (Sudama's wife) bowed down before her husband (Sudama), and within herself she thought of embracing him