Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
elect | elected | electing | election | elections | elector | electors
Pages in category "Election"
The following 54 pages are in this category, out of 54 total.
- A sudra is elected as president, he is not fighting, he is in a safe place, and he is simply directing, "You go and fight. Let me see how you are fighting." No. The king, the ksatriya, he will come forth in the front of fight
- According to Vedic civilization, a qualified ksatriya monarch is given the respect of the Lord because he represents the Lord by giving protection to the prajas. Modern elected presidents cannot even give protection from theft cases
- Again election, as if election will change their quality. Let them remain as rascal, and simply by election, in place of one rascal, another rascal will improve it. Let them remain rascal, but get vote
- Age of Kali, the executive head of a state somehow or other gets votes and is elected to an exalted post, but the condition of the citizens continues to be full of anxiety, distress, unhappiness and dissatisfaction
- Agra means "first," and puja means "worship." This Agra-puja is similar to the election of a president
- All living beings, whether human, animal or lower than animal, should be given protection. The modern democratic system cannot be exalted in this way because the leaders elected strive only for power and have no sense of responsibility
- Another should be elected
- As other things are managed, but by committee, so this can also be managed, & the committee may elect one person as chief. As, just like in the democracy there are senators & there is president, so it may be I may nominate or they can
- Government means, nowadays, all rascals. They are elected by rascals and they are rascals. That is the difficulty. Everywhere you go, you will meet only rascals. Manda. The definition is given, manda
- Gradually the democratic government is becoming unfit for the needs of the people, and therefore some parties are trying to elect a dictator. A dictatorship is the same as a monarchy, but without a trained leader
- I understand from a letter from Gurudasa that you have elections for officers for your temple, and the men filling the posts are all very well suited for their position
- If citizens want to be happy and prosperous in this democratic age, they should not elect rascals and fools who have no respect for saintly persons
- If you are administrative class, then you must take to the politics or election, be elected the mayor, be elected the president or something like that, and work in that way
- If you want good government, then - this is democratic age - then you must be good. You must know who is good. Then you can elect: "Here is good man"
- In the age of Kali in most cases the rulers are impious, and therefore the citizens are also continuously unhappy. But in the case of democracy, the impious citizens themselves elect their representative to rule over them
- In the assembly of Kurus, when Sisupala spoke against Krsna's being elected president of the assembly, Bhisma supported Him and proclaimed Him to be the Supreme God
- In the modern democratic government, no one should be elected after the age of fifty. Otherwise the storm of the ocean of nescience cannot be stopped to allow the ships and boats to sail back to Godhead
- In the sacrificial assembly, all the members were very exalted. Some proposed to elect one person as the perfect candidate for accepting Agra-puja, and others proposed someone else
- It appears that although there was monarchy, it was not at all an autocracy. There were senior family members and ministers who could make changes and elect the proper person to the throne, although the throne could be occupied only by the royal family
- It has now become fashionable for any rascal or fool to be elected God, and there are many missionaries who have concocted their own gods, giving up their relationship with the real God
- Leaders of the government must be very honest and religious because otherwise all the affairs of the state will suffer. Unfortunately, in the name of democracy, rogues and thieves are electing other rogues and thieves to the most important posts
- Legislative assembly, the senators must be all first-class brahmanas. Otherwise he cannot be elected. This should be introduced. Unless one is following the brahminical principles, he cannot be elected. He must give up these 4 principles of sinful life
- Mass of people, they are not advanced. So simply by their vote, if somebody is elected, then they will have to repent
- Monarchy must be accepted. But at the present moment democracy means abolish monarchy and elect a rascal as monarch. This is called democracy
- Mulgibar Patel is a nice gentleman, and when he offers $5,000 he can be elected a life trustee of our temple. That is a nice proposal. If the arrangement is successful, then immediately complete the negotiations and purchase the house
- Mundane votes have no jurisdiction to elect a Vaisnava acarya. A Vaisnava acarya is self-effulgent, and there is no need for any court judgment
- Recently at Bhaktivedanta Manor they have held one election for President and Hamsaduta was present. But I am receiving so many contradictory reports
- Regarding the election of President, a president can only be changed by vote. If no vote was taken, then the president cannot be changed
- Regarding the intended election, I have no preference for anyone. Whomever gets the majority election, he has my vote
- Remain like hog, dog, camel, and asses and go on, be engaged in politics and election - "Then you are right." And if you speak against this mode of civilization - "brainwash"
- The Indian government is becoming demonic because those who elect the government are becoming demonic
- The modern elected executive head of a state is just like a puppet because he has no kingly power. Even if he is enlightened like Maharaja Yudhisthira, he cannot do anything out of his own good will due to his constitutional position
- The modern elected executive head of the state is just like a puppet because he has no kingly power. Even if he is enlightened like Maharaja Yudhisthira, he cannot do anything out of his own good will due to his constitutional position
- The modern elected executive head of the state is just like a puppet, because he has no kingly power. Even if he is enlightened like Maharaja Yudhisthira, he cannot do anything out of his own good will due to his constitutional position
- The president, secretary and treasurer (of Calcutta) elected by the members of the center cannot be changed at least for one year; better to continue it for three years. All combined together should be responsible for keeping correct accounts
- The sages said, "He (Romaharsana) was seated on the vyasasana by our (sages) election, and when one is seated on the vyasasana, it is improper for him to stand up to receive a person"
- They must be moved. Government means, nowadays, all rascals. They are elected by rascals and they are rascals. That is the difficulty
- They stand, make competition, "I am the President." If you are President, why you require election? The simple truth. If you are actually President, then why do you depend on other's vote? You become President. No. Artificial President
- Those who elect, they must be very sober. So formerly a king was nominated not only by his father or grandfather, but confirmed by the society of learned brahmanas and saintly persons
- We accept some leader and follow his principles. Just like you have elected your leader as President Johnson, the president of your state. He is supposed to be the leader of your nation, and he is asking you to go to the Vietnam and sacrifice your life
- We are not after the office; we are after educating people. Yes. Even if you go to office, you cannot do. Even if give manifesto, that you will stop slaughterhouse, and you are elected a senator, you cannot stop. Because they are majority there
- When King Nrga elected to receive the results of his impious activities, he was given the body of a lizard because of the mistake in his pious activities; thus he could not be directly converted to a higher status of life like a great demigod
- Why this is so much struggle in this New York City? Because now there is Presidential election, so everyone is thinking, "If I could become the President." That is everyone's desire