Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
ego | egocentric | egoism | egoist | egoistic | egos | egotism | egotist | egotistic
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
- ► False Ego (3 C, 111 P)
- ► Mind, Intelligence and Ego (2 C, 33 P)
- ► Real Ego (9 P)
- ► Self-centered (5 P)
Pages in category "Ego"
The following 72 pages are in this category, out of 72 total.
- A fractional portion of the mahat-tattva is called the false ego. A portion of the ego is the vibration of sound, and a portion of sound is atmospheric air
- A living entity has constitutionally mind, intelligence, and ego, but they are contaminated in contact with matter. At the present moment, our ego is working under some designation
- A part of ego is the sky, a part of which is air, a part of which is fire, a part of which is water, a part of which is earth. Thus one universe inflates to an area of four billion miles in diameter
- A portion of the mahat-tattva is called the false ego. A portion of the ego is the vibration of sound, and a portion of sound is atmospheric air. A portion of the airy atmosphere is turned into forms, and the forms constitute the power of electricity
- After experiencing the inhabitable time of the three modes of material nature, known as two parardhas, Lord Brahma closes the material universe, which is covered by layers of earth, water, air, fire, ether, mind, ego, etc., and goes back to Godhead
- And for His material creative energies, He (the Lord) is served by four, namely the principles of prakrti, purusa, mahat-tattva and ego
- Because the sense organs for activity and for acquiring knowledge require energy, the vital energy, or life energy, is also produced by egoism in the mode of passion
- Being the Absolute Personality of Godhead, He has no false ego, and so He does not identify Himself with anything different from Him. The material conception of ego is equibalanced in Him
- Body is the material - earth, water, air, fire and ether, mind, intelligence, ego. They are also emanating from Krsna
- Both kinds of senses, the senses for acquiring knowledge and the senses for action, are products of egoism in the mode of passion
- By agitation of the element of egoism in ignorance, the first thing produced was sound, which is the subtle form of ether
- By the agitation of the three gunas, the physical elements are created, as well as the mind, ego and the controllers of the senses
- Earth, water, fire, air, ether, ego and the total material energy, as well as nature, the marginal energy, the living entities, the mind, the senses, the sense objects and the demigods who control the affairs of the cosmos
- Egoism in the mode of passion produces two kinds of senses - the senses for acquiring knowledge and the senses of action. The senses of action depend on the vital energy, and the senses for acquiring knowledge depend on intelligence
- Egoism means that without having the qualification, one declares that "I am God"
- First the total material energy is manifested, and from this arise the three types of egotism, which are the original sources from which all demigods (controlling deities), senses and material elements expand
- For the impersonalist, pure egotism is aham brahmasmi - "I am not this body; I am spirit soul." But in its actual position, the spirit soul has devotional activities to perform
- If a human being tries to exist without ego, desire, feelings, dislikes, and so on, he will be converted into inert matter. This is not spiritual elevation
- In the Seventh Chapter (of the Bhagavad-gita) it is stated that the five gross elements (earth, water, fire, air and sky) and the three subtle elements (mind, intelligence and ego) are all His (Krsna's) inferior energies
- It is from these three types (good, passionate and ignorant) of material ego that the mind, the senses of perception, the organs of action, and the gross elements evolve
- It is understood from this verse that by agitation of the element of egoism in ignorance, the first thing produced was sound, which is the subtle form of ether
- Karanabdhisayi Visnu (Maha-Visnu) is the first incarnation of the Supreme Lord, and He is the master of eternal time, space, cause and effects, the mind, the elements, the material ego, the modes of nature, the senses, the universal form of the Lord
- Krsna said, "They (the brahmanas and Vaisnavas) are the best friends of the people in general; they are free from false egoism and are always in a peaceful condition of mind"
- Sankaracarya says that unless the devotees can show how ego and the means of knowledge can generate from a person, such an explanation of the Vedanta-sutra cannot be accepted, for no other philosophers accept the sutras in that way
- Such an egocentric attitude (the false egocentric attitude of thinking oneself to be all in all) on the part of the conditioned soul, who is completely under the control of material nature, is described in Bhagavad-gita as foolish
- The conditioned soul may take a form birth after birth due to his conditional existence in matter, but the self-centered impersonalists, by their gross ignorance, accept the Lord as one of them because of self-centered egoism
- The conditioned soul thinks, "I am this body," but a liberated soul thinks, "I am not this body. I am spirit soul." This "I am" is called ego, or identification of the self
- The Earth personified continued, 'You Krsna) are always transcendental to all these material activities. My dear Lord, I know that earth, water, fire, air, sky, the five sense objects, mind, the senses, their deities, egotism & the total material energy"
- The egocentric attitude is a manifestation of the Rudra principle in the heart, wherein krodha (anger) is generated. This anger develops in the heart and is further manifested through various senses, like the eyes, hands and legs
- The great sage Narayana began to speak. "My dear Narada," He said, "I shall tell you a story which took place long, long ago
- The living entity acquires a particular nature packed up in a subtle body and gross body formed by the life air, the ego, the ten sense organs, the mind and the five gross elements
- The material conception of ego is equibalanced in Him (Lord Krsna). He does not feel, therefore, inferior by becoming the chariot driver of His pure devotee
- The material ego springs up from the mahat-tattva, which evolved from the Lord's own energy. The material ego is endowed predominantly with active power of three kinds - good, passionate and ignorant
- The material energy is working. This cosmic manifestation made of earth, water, fire, air, ether, mind, intelligence and ego are the eight ingredients of this material manifestation. So these eight material elements, they are energies, separated energy
- The mental speculator tries to conquer the influence of time by future speculations of becoming Vasudeva or the Supreme Lord himself by means of culturing knowledge and conquering over ego
- The mind does not dissolve, it changes its quality, or rather, it becomes purified. No, thoughts of feelings of love for Krishna is not ego-projected, or emotional, provided it is conformed by Spiritual Master
- The principle of matter (mahat-tattva) is the consciousness of the omnipresent Lord, as asserted by the experts, and Rudradeva is His ego
- The soul is covered by the underwear, mind, intelligence, and ego, and the underwear is covered by the gross coat, this body
- The truth about Lord Siva is that he is always covered with three material coverings - vaikarika, taijasa and tamasa. Because of these three modes of material nature, he always associates with the external energy and egotism itself
- The universes are each covered by sevenfold material coverings of water, fire, air, sky, ego, noumenon and material nature, just like a huge football, pumped and covered, floating on the water of the Causal Ocean, wherein the Lord is lying as Maha-visnu
- There are some philosophers who say we should give up our ego, but we cannot give up our ego, because ego means identity. We ought, of course, to give up the false identification with the body
- There are two natures. Just like you can understand, you are combination of two nature, the material nature and the spiritual nature. This gross body is material nature. It is made of earth, fire, water, air, ether, and mind, intelligence and ego
- These (life air, the ego, the ten sense organs, the mind & the five gross elements) then create the type of body which later becomes the root cause of various other bodies, which are acquired one after another by means of the transmigration of the soul
- They'll tolerate material egoism, "We are doing this humanitarian service." That they... And spiritual egoism he'll not. That I replied, that this is real egoism, aham brahmasmi. And I'm: "Aham dog asmi." (laughter) That is not very good pride
- This sense of "I am" is ego, but when the sense of "I am" is applied to this false body it is false ego. When the sense of self is applied to reality, that is real ego
- This universal egg, or the universe in the shape of an egg, is called the manifestation of material energy. Its layers of water, air, fire, sky, ego and mahat-tattva increase in thickness one after another
- Those who undergo severe austerities and penances not recommended in the scriptures, performing them out of pride and egoism, are to be known as demons
- Those who undergo severe austerities and penances not recommended in the scriptures, performing them out of pride and egoism, who are impelled by lust and attachment, who are foolish and who torture the material elements of the body are known to be demons
- Transcendental ego
- Vasudeva said, "You (Krsna and Balarama) are the egoistic principle of ignorance, which is the cause of this material world"
- Vasudeva said, "You (Krsna and Balarama) are the egoistic principle of passion, which is the cause of the senses, and the egoistic principle of goodness, which is the origin of the different controlling deities of this material world"
- We forget this material nonsense. That's all. But don't forget ourself. Our identity is there. We are all servants of God, Krsna dasa. And this is real ego. So ego is not dissolved. Ego is there, but it is purified
- When a woman is neglected and disappointed, out of egoistic pride she gives up her ornaments and morosely sits down on the ground, marking lines on it with her nails
- When egoism in ignorance is agitated by the sex energy of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the subtle element sound is manifested, and from sound come the ethereal sky and the sense of hearing
- When one reaches a finer version of ignorance, he falsely thinks of himself as the Supreme Lord. That egoistic conviction of the conditioned soul is the last snare of the illusory energy which controls the entire material world
- When we say that we give up our ego, this means that we give up our false ego, but real ego is always present