Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
ecstatic | ecstatically | ecstaticized
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.
Pages in category "Ecstatic"
The following 109 pages are in this category, out of 109 total.
- Ecstatic (BG & SB)
- Ecstatic (CC Adi-lila)
- Ecstatic (CC Antya-lila 1 - 10)
- Ecstatic (CC Antya-lila 11 - 20)
- Ecstatic (CC Madhya-lila 1 - 5)
- Ecstatic (CC Madhya-lila 11 - 15)
- Ecstatic (CC Madhya-lila 16 - 20)
- Ecstatic (CC Madhya-lila 21 - 25)
- Ecstatic (CC Madhya-lila 6 - 10)
- Ecstatic (Lec, Conv, & Letters)
- Ecstatic (Other Books)
- Actually, ecstatic samadhi, or absorption in the Supreme Personality of Godhead, can be achieved by constant engagement in His service
- Advaita Acarya led the sankirtana party, and with great pleasure He sang this verse. There was a manifestation of ecstatic perspiration, shivering, raised hairs, tears in the eyes and sometimes thundering and bellowing
- All the devotees became ecstatic in the association of Lord Caitanya, and thus absorbed in love of God, they were dancing and singing while going along the main road
- All the inhabitants of Benares were struck with wonder upon seeing the ecstatic dancing of Lord Caitanya. But Lord Caitanya checked His continuous ecstasy and stopped dancing when He saw the Mayavadi sannyasis
- All the people gathered there began to clap in great ecstasy, and no one could estimate the bounds of their pleasure. The brahmanas present began to praise Krsna and Balarama ecstatically
- Although in this statement there are contradictory mellows of ecstatic devotion, the result is not incompatible because conjugal love is so elevated that it is defeating all other varieties of mellows
- An apparently pitiable condition in devotional service may appear distressing to the inexperienced student, but the feelings of the devotee in this pitiable condition are considered to be ecstatic by expert devotees
- An example of an object which caused ecstatic dread is the Putana witch. Dread can be caused by mischievous demonic characters, such as King Kamsa, and it can be caused by great powerful demigods, such as Indra or Sankara
- Another devotee in ecstatic reverential affection once said, "When will that glorious day in my life come when it will be possible for me to go to the bank of the Yamuna and see Lord Sri Krsna playing there as a cowherd boy"
- As already described, there are twelve different kinds of rasas, or ecstatic relationships which are shared with Krsna
- As soon as Radharani gets a chance to see Krsna, Her body is suddenly decorated with various ecstatic ornaments
- Austerity in the form of meditation is My (the Supreme Personality of Godhead) heart, Vedic knowledge in the form of hymns and mantras constitutes My body, and spiritual activities and ecstatic emotions are My actual form
- Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Gosvami says that sometimes persons who have no love of Godhead at all display ecstatic bodily symptoms. Artificially they sometimes laugh, cry and dance just like madmen, but this cannot help one progress in Krsna consciousness
- By the force of their (the gopis) ecstatic feelings, it appeared to them that Krsna was personally present and dancing before them. Because of their sweet remembrance of Krsna, they could not check their tears, and they cried without consideration
- Demons like Kamsa feared Krsna, but their feelings cannot be described as ecstatic dread in devotional service
- Devotees such as Maharaja Pariksit and Uddhava are all situated in ecstatic attraction on the basis of affection, and in that state of affection a feeling of friendship becomes manifest
- Different symptoms of ecstatic trance are exhibited automatically by such devotees
- Ecstatic bodily changes are manifested from the spiritual plane and are not artificial expressions developed by practice
- Elevation to the ecstatic stage of life is generally attained through association with pure devotees, while elevation to that stage by the special mercy of Krsna or His devotee is very rare
- Even though they (gopis) were embracing Krsna only mentally, they became so ecstatic and overwhelmed with joy that for the time being they completely forgot themselves
- Exhibiting ecstatic emotions, the Lord began to run here and there, making resounding noises. Sometimes He laughed, and sometimes He cried, and sometimes He danced and sang
- I was thinking of you since about a week why you are silent, and all of a sudden I got your letter with a golden ring enclosed. It was so much ecstatic
- I worship Govinda, the primeval Lord, who resides in His own realm, Goloka, with Radha, who resembles His own spiritual figure and who embodies the ecstatic potency (hladini)
- If a person is completely detached from material enjoyment and has developed pure ecstatic devotion, even if he is sometimes accidentally found not to be living up to the standard of devotional service, one should not be envious of him
- If Lord Krsna gives up this original form and assumes another Visnu form, nearness to Him cannot invoke the ecstatic mood of the gopis
- In the ecstatic mood of conjugal love, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was on the highest platform; therefore, all the exuberant ecstasies were naturally visible in His body
- In the Padma Purana there is the story of a neophyte devotee who, in order to raise himself to the ecstatic platform, danced all night to invoke the Lord's grace upon him
- In this way various ecstatic emotions evolved, & the mind of Caitanya filled with anxiety. He could not escape even for a moment. In this way, because of fierce feelings of separation, His patience began to totter, and He began to recite various verses
- In this way, the Lord's restlessness was awakened by ecstatic feelings, and His mind became agitated. No one could understand what course such ecstasy would take
- It is stated in the Tenth Canto, 33rd Chapter, 12th verse of Srimad-Bhagavatam: "Upon seeing that Krsna's arm was placed on her shoulder, one of the gopis engaged in the rasa dance became so ecstatically happy that she kissed Krsna on His cheek"
- Narada Muni Bajay Vina, CD 3 - Bhaktivinoda Thakura says, "And the whole universe became ecstatic. Then my desire was satisfied and I therefore pray unto the lotus feet of Rupa Gosvami that let this chanting of hari-nama go on nicely like this"
- None of the above symptoms can be manifested without the basic principle of strong attachment for Krsna. In the smoky condition of such ecstatic expressions, the symptoms could otherwise be hidden
- Oh. Yes, there was no hope for my coming (to New Mayapura). Now I've come, they (the devotees) must be (ecstatic)
- Only for the advanced devotees are these two processes easily executed. The purport is that it is very rare to see surrender which is mixed with sincere ecstatic devotion. One must give himself completely to the will of the Lord
- Out of ecstatic love of God, the Bhattacarya shed tears, and his body was stunned. He exhibited an ecstatic mood, and he perspired, shook and trembled
- Simply they are ecstatic in chanting Hare Krsna mantra. So kindly what you have begun, do not break it. Continue it very jubilantly
- Sitting beside Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, he thought, "This is a transcendental ecstatic transformation brought about by love of Krsna"
- Some other unconstitutional symptoms are illusion, forgetfulness, and expectation of danger. In all such circumstances the ecstatic dread is the steady or constant factor
- Sometimes when our students of the Krsna consciousness movement chant and dance, even in India people are astonished to see how these foreigners have learned to chant and dance in this ecstatic fashion
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then asked Svarupa Damodara, "Please speak of the ecstatic ornaments decorating the body of Srimati Radharani, by which She enchants the mind of Sri Govinda
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's body appeared like a transcendental Himalayan mountain bearing ecstatic emotional flower trees, all of them blooming
- Srimati Radharani's earrings are the holy names of Krsna, as well as the hearing of His name and fame. Her lips are always reddish due to the betel nut of ecstatic affection for Krsna
- That (the parama-prestha-sakhis in the ecstatic dealings of Krsna and Radha they side sometimes with Krsna and at other times with Radharani) makes the exchange of mellows more palatable
- The beauty is that the Pandavas have not lost their faith and love for You (Krsna), in spite of all these tribulations. In fact, they are always thinking of You and chanting Your name in ecstatic friendship
- The Brahman effulgence is only the bodily rays of Narayana, and because you are always absorbed in ecstatic thought of Krsna and Balarama, what pious activity remains for you to perform?
- The citizens began to speak in ecstatic language to receive the Lord, just as wards welcome their guardian and father
- The creeper takes shelter at the lotus feet of the Lord, and that is its final destination. At that time the creeper begins to grow the fruits of ecstatic love of God. It is the duty of the devotee who nourishes the creeper to be very careful
- The ecstatic symptoms of envy, great eagerness, humility, zeal and supplication all became manifest at once
- The ecstatic trance they achieved simply by mentally embracing Krsna is impossible to achieve even for great yogis constantly engaged in meditation on the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- The gopis continued, "In the congenial atmosphere of that wonderful land, You may enjoy Your pastimes, with Your flute dancing on Your lips, and surrounded by us, the gopis, whose hearts are always enchanted by unpredictable ecstatic emotions"
- The gopis reminded Hamsaduta that sometimes even the great sage Narada becomes very ecstatic by seeing these footprints, and sometimes great liberated sages also aspire to see them
- The King of heaven, Indra, also gradually joins with great satisfaction and begins dancing and chanting "Hari bol! Hari bol!" In this way, by the influence of the transcendental vibration of the holy name of God, the whole universe becomes ecstatic
- The many external ecstatic symptoms, or bodily transformations which indicate ecstatic emotions in the mind and which are also called udbhasvara, are the anubhavas, or subordinate ecstatic expressions of love
- The parama-prestha-sakhis are eight in number, and in the ecstatic dealings of Krsna and Radha they side sometimes with Krsna and at other times with Radharani, just to create a situation in which it appears that they favor one against the other
- The purport is that one should execute devotional service rigidly in the association of devotees so that there will be certainty in raising oneself to that ecstatic position
- The symptom of becoming stunned is caused by ecstatic tribulation, fearfulness, astonishment, lamentation and anger. This symptom is exhibited by a stoppage of talking, a stoppage of movement, a feeling of voidness and an extreme feeling of separation
- The transcendental ecstatic symptoms of disappointment, moroseness, pleasure, restlessness, pride and humility all began to fight like soldiers within Lord Caitanya
- The transcendental ornaments of Srimati Radharani's body include the twenty bhavas, or ecstatic emotional ornaments
- Their (Krsna and Balarama's) whole bodies became wet from Their ecstatic dancing. This is an instance of fatigue caused by dancing
- There are eight transcendental symptoms found in the body during ecstasy, and all of them are possible only by a mixture of the above-mentioned five ecstatic divisions (vibhava, anubhava, sattvika-bhava, vyabhicari-bhava & sthayi-bhava)
- There are thirty-three transitory elements, known as vyabhicari ecstatic emotions. They especially wander about the permanent sentiments as assistants
- There is every chance of a woman's having a miscarriage if she experiences some ecstatic emotion or is frightened. Pregnant women should therefore be spared all these external influences
- These symptoms are activities of ecstasy. They are visible in the shivering of the body and the shedding of tears. After the outward appearance of these ecstatic symptoms, they stay within the mind, and continuation of the ecstasy is called samadhi
- This apparently accidental development of ecstatic feelings through the causeless mercy of Krsna can be divided into three groups: simply by speaking, simply by glancing and simply by good wishes
- This collapsing condition is described as a feverish state resulting from ecstatic pleasure
- This ecstatic attitude of Srimati Radharani's is called kuttamita. When this ecstatic ornament is manifested, Radharani externally tries to avoid Krsna, and She apparently becomes angry, although She is very happy within
- This is another instance of becoming like a madman in the ecstasy of devotion
- Thus the gopis began to inquire from all kinds of trees and plants about the Supreme Personality of Godhead. This is an instance of ecstatic madness on the part of devotees
- Thus transcendental madness was awakened in the body of the Lord, and He experienced despondency in mind and body. In this ecstatic condition, He began to speak as follows
- To chant the holy name of Krsna one does not need to speculate on the philosophical aspects of the science of God, for one automatically becomes ecstatic and without consideration immediately chants, dances, laughs, cries and sings just like a madman
- Uddhava continued, "The Brahman effulgence is only the bodily rays of Narayana, and because you are always absorbed in ecstatic thought of Krsna and Balarama, what pious activity remains for you to perform"
- Uddhava said, "When Krsna left the greenhouse, the gopis were seeing Krsna so ecstatically that it was as though both their minds and eyes were following Him"
- Upon seeing the sign of suddipta-sattvika, Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya could immediately understand the transcendental ecstatic transformation in the body of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- We (Devotees of the Lord) shall not care for any outsiders. If they should deride us, we shall still not care for them. We shall simply enjoy the transcendental mellow of chanting Hare Krsna, and thus we shall roll on the ground and dance ecstatically
- We are not interested to attract millions of men to see some show. Better we attract one sincere soul to join us in ecstatic chanting and hearing, that will be of real value. And distribute books, as many as possible
- When all the ecstatic cowherd men heard that Nanda Maharaja, the father of Krsna, was celebrating the birth ceremony of his son, they became spontaneously joyful
- When one is afraid of something, he can still think of past and future. But when there is this kind of ecstatic apprehension, there is no scope for such thinking
- When one is free from all ten of these offenses in chanting the holy name of God, he develops the ecstatic bodily features called pulakasru. Pulaka means "symptoms of happiness," and asru means "tears in the eyes"
- When one kind of ecstatic devotional service overlaps with another in a conflicting way, this state of affairs is called rasabhasa, or perverted presentation of mellows
- When the lotus-eyed Rukmini, the first queen of Krsna in Dvaraka, was shedding tears out of ecstatic jubilation, she did not like the tears
- When the princes of the Yadu dynasty heard the vibration of Krsna's Pancajanya conchshell, the hairs on their bodies immediately stood up in ecstatic jubilation
- When there is an awakening of the various ecstatic features on Srimati Radharani's face and in Her eyes that are appropriate to a charming feminine attitude, the lalita ornament is manifest
- When there is an ecstatic sensation within the mind, the golden heart or grave heart is not agitated, but the soft heart immediately becomes agitated
- Whether connected or not connected, the ecstatic emotion arising due to not being able to embrace and kiss each other as desired is called vipralambha. This vipralambha helps nourish emotions at the time of meeting
- Who, then, will not reside at Radha-kunda and, in a spiritual body surcharged with ecstatic devotional feelings, render loving service to the divine couple Sri Sri Radha-Govinda, who perform Their astakaliya-lila, Their eternal eightfold daily pastimes
- Within the mind he is always thinking of Krsna, and with his body he is either offering obeisances by bowing down before the Deity or is engaging in some other service. During these ecstatic activities he sometimes sheds tears
- Without some mixture of these five ecstatic principles (vibhava, anubhava, sattvika-bhava, vyabhicari-bhava & sthayi-bhava), one cannot relish transcendental bliss