Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
ear | ears | earhole | earholes | earphone | earphones | earphoning
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.
Pages in category "Ear"
The following 171 pages are in this category, out of 171 total.
- Lend your ears to hear from the devotee
- My Guru Maharaja used to say that saintly persons should be seen not through the eyes, but through the ears
- My Guru Maharaja, my spiritual master, used to say that you have to select a spiritual master not by seeing but by your ear, by hearing
- The body consists of nine gates - two eyes, two nostrils, two ears, one mouth, the anus and the genitals
- A Krishna conscious person must be seen by ears and not by the eyes or in other words one should try to know the depth of realization by Krishna conscious person and not see the beard which has become the practice of the Hippies
- A man who was expert in palmistry was at that time staying with the landlord. Knowing about Sanatana, he whispered the following in the landlord's ear
- A person who does not lend his aural reception to hearing about the Supreme Personality of Godhead must be considered to have earholes like holes in a field
- A woman's face is as attractive and beautiful as a blossoming lotus flower during autumn. Her words are very sweet, and they give pleasure to the ear, but if we study a woman's heart, we can understand it to be extremely sharp, like the blade of a razor
- Another gopi said, "Their ears raise up and they become stunned. They do not appear alive but like painted animals. Krsna’s flute-playing is so attractive that even the animals become enchanted, and what to speak of ourselves"
- Anyone in the entire world, even down to the candala, who lives by cooking and eating the flesh of the dog, is immediately purified if he takes bath in hearing through the ear the glorification of My name, fame, etc
- As soon as Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu heard this proposal, He immediately covered His ears with His hands and said, "My dear Sarvabhauma, why are you requesting such an undesirable thing from Me"
- As stated in the Bhagavad-gita, His (The Lord's) hands and legs are everywhere, for He is all-pervasive. The hands, legs, ears & eyes of all living entities are acting and moving by the direction of the Supersoul sitting within the living entity's heart
- At this age (at the end of Krsna's pauganda age) Krsna took pleasure in whispering into the ears of His friends, and the subject of His talks was the beauty of the gopis, who were just tarrying before them
- At this age Krsna took pleasure in whispering into the ears of His friends, and the subject of His talks was the beauty of the gopis, who were just tarrying before them. Subala once addressed Krsna thus
- Because the tiger's ear had been cut by the edge of the sword, the tiger was very afraid, and it fled from that place, while bleeding on the street
- By associating with holy persons and discussing transcendental subject matters with them, one becomes convinced of the value of spiritual life. Very soon, hearing of Krsna becomes pleasing to the ear and begins to satisfy one's heart
- By further transformation of the mode of passion, the sense organs like the ear, skin, nose, eyes, tongue, mouth, hands, genitals, legs, and the outlet for evacuating, together with intelligence and living energy, are all generated
- He (Kamsa) saw the luminaries in the sky in double, although there was only one set factually. He began to see holes in his shadow, and he heard a high buzzing sound within his ears
- He (the bona fide spritual master) instructs him through the ear, not privately, but publicly. "You are fit for such and such work in Krsna consciousness. You can act in this way"
- He never claimed that "I am avatara." But we understand from the sastric evidence. He never claimed. Rather, when He was addressed as Krsna He blocked His ears
- Hearing is very important for progressing in Krsna consciousness. When one links his ears to give aural reception to the transcendental vibrations, he can quickly become purified and cleansed in the heart
- Hearing this, all the devotees covered their ears with their hands, got up and went about their respective duties
- Her (Mohini-murti's) ears were equally decorated with earrings, Her cheeks were very beautiful, Her nose was raised and Her face full of youthful luster. Her large breasts made Her waist seem very thin
- Her (Putana's) abdomen seemed like a dried-up lake. All the cowherd men and women became struck with awe and wonder upon seeing this. And the tumultuous sound of her falling shocked their brains and ears and made their hearts beat strongly
- Her (Radharani's) ears are always attracted to His sweet voice, Her nostrils are enchanted by His fragrance, and Her tongue hankers for the nectar of His soft lips
- His (Krsna's) song is so sweet that even one particle of its sound can inundate the entire world. If such a particle enters one's ear, one is immediately bereft of all other types of hearing
- His Divine Grace the spiritual master can kindle the spiritual fire from the woodlike living entity by imparting proper spiritual messages injected through the receptive ear
- I thought, "Oh, I cannot do this. I cannot accept this sannyasa." But My Guru Maharaja was so kind, and he is so kind still. Then he forced me, that "You must do it," taking, pulling my ear, he brought me to this line. In the beginning I was not willing
- If I close my eyes, I cannot see with my ears. But about the Supreme Personality of Godhead it is said that He can see with His ears, He can see with His hand, and He can hear with His hand. He can do anything from any part of His body. That is spiritual
- If one hears an irresponsible person blaspheme the master and controller of religion, one should block his ears and go away if unable to punish him. But if one is able to kill, then one should by force cut out the blasphemer's tongue and kill the offender
- If one wants to have transcendental pleasure, he must find a person with authority. It is also stated in the Bhagavatam that simply by hearing from an authoritative source, with the ear and the heart, one can relish the pastimes of the Lord
- If our ears are always engaged in hearing the glorification of the Lord, there will be no scope for hearing the Mayavada philosophy, which is doom to spiritual progress
- If we hear from those who are actually self realized, then the nectarean rivers, like those which are flowing on the moon planet, will flow into our ears. This is the metaphor used in the above verse
- If you are in service attitude, then beginning from your tongue... Jihva, jihva means tongue. Jihvadau, beginning with tongue. The God realization begins with your tongue and ear
- In order to wear a gold or diamond nose pin or earring, one has to pierce the ear or nose. Such pain endured for the sake of sense gratification is endured on the path of karma-kanda, the path of fruitive activity
- In the ears of the gopis were brilliantly polished jeweled earrings, and from their necks hung metal lockets. Their hands were decorated with bangles, their dresses were of varied colors, and from their hair, flowers fell onto the street like showers
- It is said that it is the nature of a devotee to constantly apply his mind, energy, words, ears, etc., in hearing and chanting about Krsna. This is called Krsna consciousness
- Knowledge is received through the ear, aural reception. Why not with eyes and other senses? That is also very important to know. Suppose you are sleeping. Then all your senses are also sleeping. But the ear does not sleep
- Knowledge means not to see but to hear. Therefore it is called sruti, susruma. Knowledge has to be received through the ear, not by the eyes. Not by the eyes. This is not recommended. Nobody says, "I want to see knowledge," no: "I want to hear knowledge
- Krsna-katha is so powerful that simply by entering into a person's ear it can at once give deliverance from the bondage of family affection
- Now I (Brahma) shall state, one after another, the transcendental incarnations of the Lord known as lila-avataras. Hearing of their activities counteracts all foul matters accumulated in the ear. These pastimes are pleasing to hear and are to be relished
- Now this same sound vibration has entered my ears, and I am always feeling the presence of the Supreme Personality. Gradually I am becoming bereft of all attachment for material enjoyment
- O father of all planets, learned scholars know that fire is your mouth, the surface of the globe is your lotus feet, eternal time is your movement, all the directions are your ears, and Varuna, master of the waters, is your tongue
- One is required to approach the proper spiritual master with receptive ears only, and thus divine existence is gradually realized
- One must be very meek and submissive and try to live peacefully by lending the ear to the speeches of the transcendentally self-realized soul who speaks on the message of Bhagavata-dharma
- One should at once quote from scriptural authority to back up what he is saying. At the same time, such talk should be very pleasurable to the ear. By such discussions, one may derive the highest benefit and elevate human society
- One should be intelligent enough to understand or to hear katha of Krsna. Simply you have to do this. Just like you are all sitting here. It doesn't require that you have to pass M.A. examination, Ph.D. examination. God has given you the ear
- One who is interested in being happy on this planet as well as after death generally wants to be elevated to the Pitrlokas. Such a person can use the right ear for hearing Vedic instructions
- Only in the association of pure devotees can the words of Lord Krsna be fully potent and relishable to the heart and ear
- Persons who smell the aroma of Your lotus feet, carried by the air of Vedic sound through the holes of the ears, accept Your devotional service. For them You are never separated from the lotus of their hearts
- Prthu prayed, "I shall simply always pray unto Your Lordship that You may give me millions of tongues and millions of ears so that I can constantly chant and hear of Your transcendental glories"
- Pulastya was generated from the ears, Angira from the mouth, Atri from the eyes, Marici from the mind and Pulaha from the navel of Brahma
- Radharani continued, "Topics about Krsna are like waves of nectar. If such nectar does not enter one's ear, the ear is no better than the hole of a damaged conchshell. Such an ear is created for no purpose"
- Rukmini continued, "In the Vedas it is stated that although You (krsna) have no material hands and legs, You accept everything offered in devotion by the devotees. You have no material eyes and ears, but still You can see and hear everything everywhere"
- Rupa Gosvami writes, "I think now it is certain that gradually the verses of the Tenth Canto of Srimad-Bhagavatam, describing the pastimes of the Lord, will enter your ears and go into your heart"
- Rupanuga has a tape of me reciting Gayatri mantra, so you can get this from him. One thing is that the tape should be heard through earphones into the right ear
- Sense perception of material objects by the mundane senses, such as the eye, ear, nose and hand, always produces definitely perverted knowledge
- Some of them, who thought that they could not properly take action against Sisupala, left the assembly in protest, covering their ears with their hands in order not to hear further accusations. They left the meeting, condemning the action of Sisupala
- Sometimes supporting one side, sometimes the other, they would talk very privately, with much whispering in the ears, although none of the business was very serious
- Sometimes the conditioned soul is very aggrieved by the chastisement of his enemies and government servants, who use harsh words against him directly or indirectly. At that time his heart and ears become very saddened
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu asked, "Out of all topics people listen to, which is best for all living entities?" Ramananda Raya replied, "Hearing about the loving affairs between Radha and Krsna is most pleasing to the ear"
- Srila Rupa Gosvami said that if he could somehow get millions of ears and tongues, then he could relish spiritual bliss by chanting the Hare Krsna maha-mantra
- Srimad-Bhagavatam thus describes the beauty of the gopis while they were rasa dancing with Krsna. There were lotus flowers over both their ears, and their faces were decorated with sandalwood pulp
- Srimati Radharani continued, "He (Ramacandra) was so attracted by the beauty of Sita that He converted Surpanakha, the sister of Ravana, into an ugly woman by cutting off her nose and ears"
- Srimati Radharani continued, "In my opinion, no one should hear about Krsna, because as soon as a drop of the nectar of His transcendental activities is poured into the ear, one immediately rises above the duality of attraction and rejection"
- Sukadeva Gosvami said, "He (Ambarisa) engaged his hands in washing the temple of the Lord. He engaged his ears in hearing of the transcendental glories of the Lord. He engaged his eyes in seeing the beautiful Deity in the temple"
- Sukadeva Gosvami said, "When she was churning butter and tightly holding the rope, the bangles on her hands and the earrings on her ears were moving, and from the nice decoration in her hair the flowers were slackening and falling down"
- Suta Gosvami drank the juice of Bhagavatam through his ears. That is the real process of receiving Bhagavatam
- The audience standing nearby saw that Jarasandha's body was now divided into two halves, so that each half had one leg, one thigh, one testicle, half a backbone, half a chest, one collarbone, one arm, one eye, one ear and half a face
- The body consists of nine gates (two eyes, two nostrils, two ears, one mouth, the anus and the genitals)
- The body has been called the city of nine gates, and these nine gates include two eyes, two ears, two nostrils, one mouth, a genital and a rectum. When the nine gates are clean and working properly, it is to be understood that the body is healthy
- The body has nine gates - the two eyes, two nostrils, two ears, mouth, rectum and genitals. When one is harassed by the invalidity of old age, various diseases manifest at the gates of the body
- The Brahmana said, "These are the words of Princess Rukmini, 'My dear Krsna, O infallible, most beautiful one, any human being who happens to hear about Your transcendental form, pastimes immediately absorbs through his ears Your name, fame & qualities"
- The Christians pray in the church, "Oh, God, give us our daily bread." So God has got ear so that He will hear and supply. But His personality, His word, His hearing, they're all transcendental, nonmaterial
- The city (of Indra) always resounded with the vibrations of peacocks, pigeons and bees, and above the city flew airplanes full of beautiful women who constantly chanted auspicious songs that were very pleasing to the ear
- The demigod Varuna presented a horse, which was all white except for black ears and which could run at the speed of the mind
- The demon (Hiranyaksa) now began to strike the Lord with his hard fists, but Lord Adhoksaja slapped him in the root of the ear, even as Indra, the lord of the Maruts, hit the demon Vrtra
- The devotee thus surpasses the subtle objects of different senses like aroma by smelling, the palate by tasting, vision by seeing forms, touch by contacting, the vibrations of the ear by ethereal identification, and the sense organs by material activities
- The ear is the most important instrument in the body of the living entity. Sound is the most important medium for carrying the message of distant and unknown things
- The eyes, nose, ears, etc., these are places that are known as the seventh orbit of the vital force. But the yogis can block these holes by complete suspension of air. The yogi then concentrates the vital force in the middle position, between the eyebrows
- The favor of the spiritual master is not received through any other part of the body but the ears
- The function of the ear can be perfected simply by engagement in hearing the transcendental activities of the Lord, and the function of the head can be fully utilized when the head is engaged in bowing down before the Lord and His representative
- The God realization begins with your tongue and ear. You chant Hare Krsna and hear the transcendental name, and gradually you shall realize
- The ingredients of matter are counted as twenty-three: the total material energy, false ego, sound, touch, form, taste, smell, earth, water, fire, air, sky, eye, ear, nose, tongue, skin, hand, leg, evacuating organ, genitals, speech and mind
- The irises of His (Lord Rsabhadeva's) eyes were so pleasing that they removed all the troubles of everyone who saw Him. His forehead, ears, neck, nose and all His other features were very beautiful
- The king, or the ruler of the body, who is the living entity, uses all these doors (two eyes, two nostrils, two ears, one mouth, the rectum and the genitals) to enjoy different types of material pleasures
- The left ear, which is known as Devahu, is utilized for hearing about even higher planetary systems, such as Maharloka, Tapoloka and Brahmaloka - or yet even higher planets, situated in the spiritual universe
- The library party is doing very nicely. It is nectar to my ears to hear the list of schools which are taking our standing order
- The life air passes through seven openings, namely two eyes, two nostrils, two ears and one mouth. Generally it passes through the mouth at the time of an ordinary man's death
- The Lord appeared like a blackish cloud. He was dressed with yellow garments, His earrings shone on His ears like lightning, and His hair spread over His shoulders. He wore a garland of flowers, and His eyes were pinkish
- The Lord then replied to the Buddhist disciples, "You should all chant the names of Krsna and Hari very loudly near the ear of your spiritual master"
- The Lord's excellent speech was difficult to comprehend because of its momentous import and its most profound significance. The sages heard it with wide-open ears and pondered it as well
- The Mayavadis’ proposition that God has no legs, no eyes, no ears and no hands is an indirect way of insulting Him by defining Him as blind, deaf, dumb, lame, helpless, etc
- The perfection of all sound or knowledge enters through the ear and makes one's life perfect
- The personified Vedas continued, "Although You have no eyes, You can see whatever happens in the past, present and future. Although You have no ears, You can hear everything that is said"
- The primordial matter, or prakrti, material nature, consisting of three modes, generates four groups of five. The third group is the five sense organs for acquiring knowledge: eyes, ears, nose, tongue and skin
- The real fact is that a bona fide spiritual master knows the nature of a particular man and what sort of duties he can perform in Krsna consciousness, and he instructs him in that way. He instructs him through the ear, not privately, but publicly
- The restless heroine sometimes chastises her lover with cruel words, sometimes pulls his ear and sometimes binds him with a flower garland
- The right ear, or the ear on the southern side, is called Pitrhu, which indicates that it is used for attaining the higher planetary systems known as Pitrloka
- The sages (the four Kumaras) tried with wide open ears to understand the words from the lips of the Supreme Lord, but although His speech was very concise and meaningful, the sages could not completely comprehend what He was saying
- The same gopi said, "It sounds to them like the pouring of nectar, and they immediately spread their long ears just to catch the liquid nectar of the flute"
- The scent of her body perfumed all directions, and the tinkling of her ornaments startled the ear
- The sense organs for acquiring knowledge - the eyes, ears, nose, tongue and touch - should be fully controlled and should not be allowed to engage in self-gratification
- The senses interact with the sense objects, like the ear for hearing, eyes for seeing, nose for smelling, tongue for tasting, hand for touching, and all of them are thus engaged in activities outside the self
- The seven gates of the body that are situated upward are the two eyes, two nostrils, two ears and one mouth. The two subterranean gates are the rectum and the genitals
- The six plunderers (in the forest of material existence) are the senses - eyes, ears, nose, tongue, touch and mind
- The sound of Krsna's flute spreads in the four directions. Even though Krsna vibrates His flute within this universe, its sound pierces the universal covering and goes to the spiritual sky. Thus the vibration enters the ears of all inhabitants
- The specific meaning of sruta means this knowledge has to be received through the ear, through the tongue. Sevonmukhe hi jihvadau. Sruta-grhitaya. It is never explained in the Vedic literature that the science of God can be understood by the eyes
- The students said, "Because of this fire the water of his life has almost dried away. Let us now pour the nectar of the holy name through his ears, and by doing so the swan of his life may again show signs of life"
- The transcendental qualities of Lord Krsna are unlimited. Out of these, sixty-four are considered prominent. The ears of the devotees are satisfied simply by hearing all these qualities one after the other
- The tree of the body has nine hollows - the eyes, the ears, the nostrils, the mouth, the rectum and the genitals - and ten leaves, the ten airs passing through the body
- The two brilliant earrings on Her (Mohini-murti's) ears decorated Her shining cheeks like bluish reflections, and the hair scattered on Her face made Her even more beautiful to see
- The vibration of His flute is just like a bird that creates a nest within the ears of the gopis and always remains prominent there, not allowing any other sound to enter their ears
- The wonderful descriptions of Rupa Gosvami are superb arrangements to express loving affairs. Hearing them will plunge the heart and ears of everyone into a whirlpool of transcendental bliss
- The yogis can block these holes (the eyes, nose, ears, etc.) by complete suspension of air. The yogi then concentrates the vital force in the middle position, that is, between the eyebrows
- Their (the cowherd women's) ears were decorated with pearl rings, their necks were decorated with jeweled lockets, their lips and eyes were decorated with different kinds of lipstick and ointment, and their hands were decorated with nice golden bangles
- There are five senses for acquiring knowledge: the eyes, ears, nose, tongue and skin. Then five working senses: voice, legs, hands, anus and genitals. Then, above the senses, there is the mind, which is within and which can be called the sense within
- There are nine gates in the body: two eyes, two ears, two nostrils, the mouth, the genitals and the anus. When every gate is illuminated by the symptoms of goodness, it should be understood that one has developed the mode of goodness
- These devotees are compared to swans, ducks and bees. The river's flowing produces a melodious sound that gladdens their ears
- These sense organs (the eyes, ears, nose, skin and tongue) are very easily attracted by the sense objects
- They (Krsna and Balarama) learned how to set up a theatrical stage, how to decorate dramatic actors with costumes and with flower ornaments over the ear, and how to sprinkle sandalwood pulp and water to produce a nice fragrance
- They then began to chant the holy name of Krsna into the Lord's ear. When the Lord regained consciousness, He began rolling on the ground
- This hearing is very important for progressing in Krsna consciousness. When one links his ears to give aural reception to the transcendental vibrations he can quickly become purified and cleansed in the heart
- This yoga practice begins simply by hearing. You have got these ears. You simply just lend your ears and you become yogi
- Those who are pure devotees enjoy these narrations as nectar entering into their ears
- Through the nose we can smell, by the eyes we can see, by the ears we can hear, and in this way we gather knowledge. Similarly, there are the karmendriyas, the working senses - the hands, legs, genitals, rectum, mouth and so forth
- Thus the Vedic statements describe that the Absolute has no legs, no hands, no eyes, no ears and no mind, and yet He can act through His potencies and fulfill the needs of all living entities
- To keep Kunti's virginity undisturbed, the sun-god arranged to give her a child that came from her ear, and therefore the child was known as Karna
- Transcendental activities of the Lord are so arranged in writing by the great sages that simply by hearing of those narrations one becomes perfectly self-realized, and the proper use of the ear and the tongue is also achieved
- Wandering in the forest of the material world, the conditioned soul sometimes hears an invisible cricket making harsh sounds, and his ears become very much aggrieved
- We are thinking we are free. This is foolishness. We are so much controlled by the material nature, exactly like a small child is pulled by the ear by his mother. "Come here." He comes here. "Go there," and goes
- We can safely harbor the firm conviction that soon the message of peace will reach their ears
- We have got nine holes: this nostril, the ear, mouth, the eyes, the genital, the rectum, the navel. We have got nine holes. These nine holes develop. In this way, the body is formed. In seven months' time, the body gets consciousness back
- We have our hands and legs, but our hands are different from our legs. The hand cannot act like the leg, nor can the leg act like the hand. The ears can hear but the eyes cannot, and the eyes can see but the ears cannot
- We have to receive transcendental sound through the transcendental channel, therefore, Vedas are called Sruti. That means transcendental sound can be received through the ear
- We read some nice philosophical portion from Bhagavad-gita, Srimad-Bhagavatam. Yes. You have got ears. (shouts:) But the rascals are not coming! That is their rascaldom. Because they will go to hell
- We shall use our hand in cleansing the temple, in playing the instruments, karatala, for chanting. So, ear for hearing Krsna's pastimes, nose for smelling the flower offered to Krsna
- We want to distribute our literature and books within as well as our prasadam, and injecting our Hare Krishna medicine within the ear. So, reading of the literature and hearing of the chanting is the medicine, and prasadam is the diet
- When he (Bali Maharaja) sat down on the seat of the chariot, his arms decorated with golden bangles and his ears with sapphire earrings, he shone like a worshipable fire
- When Krsna began to play on His flute, the sound vibration entered into the ear of Brahma as the Vedic mantra om
- When Lalita, Her constant companion, whispered into Her ear the holy name of Krsna, Radharani immediately opened Her eyes wide. This is an instance of alertness caused by hearing the sound of Krsna's name
- When one is devotee, he'll chant more and more. He'll aspire, "If I could get millions of tongues and trillions of ear, then I could finish." That is devotee. And one is thinking how to finish it by chanting once, he's not devotee. That is neophyte stage
- When the vital force is lifted to the cerebellum, there is every chance of this force bursting out from the eyes, nose, ears, etc., as these are places which are known as the seventh orbit of the vital force
- When the vital force is lifted to the cerebellum, there is every chance that this force will burst out from the eyes, nose, ears, etc., as these are places that are known as the seventh orbit of the vital force
- When we take account of her (Rukmini's) beautiful face, it appears that the curling hair on her head, the beautiful earrings on her ears, her smiling mouth and her necklace of gold all combined to shower rains of nectar
- While Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was dancing in ecstatic love and Svarupa Damodara was singing, the Lord said, "Go on singing! Go on singing!" The Lord then extended His own ears
- With this mind you cannot understand. You cannot think of Krsna. With this tongue you cannot chant Hare Krsna. With these ears you cannot hear what is Hare Krsna. With these eyes you cannot see what is Krsna. But if you purify...