Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
dumb | dumbness | dumbstruck
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Dull (3 C, 50 P)
Pages in category "Dumb"
The following 27 pages are in this category, out of 27 total.
- A great personality very much advanced in Krsna consciousness may not expose himself by the signs of a sannyasi. To cover himself, he may live like a restless child or a dumb person
- After accepting the feature of avadhuta, a great saintly person without material cares, Lord Rsabhadeva passed through human society like a blind, deaf and dumb man, an idle stone, a ghost or a madman
- Although Maharaja Rahugana was playing the part of a king, he had been informed by Jada Bharata that he was not a king nor was Jada Bharata deaf and dumb. Such designations were simply coverings of the spirit soul
- Another gopi said, "My dear friends, just see the deer! Although they are dumb animals, they have approached the son of Maharaja Nanda, Krsna"
- At the last stage of his life, Emperor Rsabhadeva wandered like a dumb madman, unaffected by all kinds of bodily mistreatment
- Bhuvar-satru-nyaya: the logic that the dumb man has no enemy
- By such mercy (krpa-siddha), even if a devotee is dumb he can speak or write to glorify the Lord splendidly, even if lame he can cross mountains, and even if blind he can see the stars in the sky
- By the Grace of Krishna and the Spiritual Master, the dumb man can speak like a great orator, and a lame man can cross over a great mountain. So we must have the necessary unflinching faith in Krishna and Spiritual Master
- By the mercy of the guru, even a dumb man can become the greatest orator, and even a lame man can cross mountains
- I offer my respectful obeisances to Sri Krsna Caitanya Mahaprabhu, by whose mercy even a lame man can cross over a mountain and a dumb man recite Vedic literature
- In order to avoid contradiction, botheration and unfavorable situations created by materialistic persons, a great saintly person like Jada Bharata or Utkala remains silent. The less intelligent consider such saintly persons to be mad, deaf or dumb
- In the next life, as Jada Bharata, Maharaja Bharata was careful not to spoil his energy, and therefore he presented himself as a deaf and dumb person. In this way he could concentrate on his devotional service
- In this life he (Bharata Maharaja) could also remember the activities of his past life, and in order to avoid the influence of society, he remained like a deaf and dumb person
- It is possible if we become obedient student of guru, then even though we may be dumb, deaf and dumb, still, we can become good lecturer
- Jada Bharata, despite all kinds of injustice endured because of his deaf and dumb display, remained silent by the strength of his spiritual advancement. Nonetheless his brahma-tejah, his Brahman effulgence, was indistinctly visible in his person
- Jada-yoga involves practicing becoming like a dumb stone and not being affected by material reactions
- The Mayavadis’ proposition that God has no legs, no eyes, no ears and no hands is an indirect way of insulting Him by defining Him as blind, deaf, dumb, lame, helpless, etc
- The spiritual master's mercy is described, mukham karoti vacalam. Mukham means dumb, one who cannot speak. He becomes a great lecturer or speaker