Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
dry | dryer | drying | dryness | dries |nondryable
- VedaBase query: dry or dryer or drying or dryness or dries or nondryable not "dry speculat*" not "dry* up" not "dri* up " not "dry * specul*"
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Dry"
The following 125 pages are in this category, out of 125 total.
- An advanced devotee does not live within the material body but within his spiritual body, just as a dry coconut lives detached from the coconut husk, even though within the husk
- Dry philosophy
- There is a Bengali proverb: bamboo, while it is green, you can bend it, but when its yellow or dry, oh, it cannot be bent. It will break
- Whether it be moist or dry, stool is stool
- A yogi should similarly meditate on the most benevolent smile of Lord Sri Hari, a smile which, for all those who bow to Him, dries away the ocean of tears caused by intense grief
- According to Srimad-Bhagavatam, the endeavor of philosophical speculators to write volumes of books on dry philosophy devoid of Krsna consciousness is entirely futile
- Advaita Acarya then suggested that since Caitanya Mahaprabhu had taken His bath in the river Yamuna and His underwear was now wet, the Lord should change His underwear for dry garments
- After all, whether it be moist or dry, stool is stool. Similarly, material activities may be either pious or impious, but because they are all material, they are compared to stool
- After hearing the ominous voice, Indra, with great attention, began to meditate on how to kill the demon (Namuci). He then saw that foam would be the means, for it is neither moist nor dry
- Although the animal propensities of the body should be minimized, those who are extravagant temporarily overflow in material enjoyment. Nonetheless, as soon as the rainy season of life is over, they become as dry as dry river beds
- Among the fruits were many varieties of coconuts and mangoes, bananas, berries, jackfruits, dates, tangerines, oranges, blackberries, santaras, grapes, almonds and all kinds of dried fruit
- Amongst the various vegetables (cooked by Advaita Acarya's wife, Sita) were newly grown leaves of nimba trees fried with eggplant. The fruit known as patola was fried with phulabadi, a kind of dhal preparation first mashed and then dried in the sun
- Any material thing you take, even stone, iron, it can be burned, it can be cut into pieces, it can dry up, and so many things, all applicable to the matter. But so far the spirit soul is concerned, it is just the opposite
- As a fire burns dry grass to ashes, so the holy name of the Lord, whether chanted knowingly or unknowingly, burns to ashes, without fail, all the reactions of one's sinful activities
- As soon as the rainy season is over and as soon as the cloud goes away, all the crops which were nourished by the rain dry up. Similarly, this material manifestation takes place at a certain interval, stays for a while and then disappears
- Aurobindo does not belong to the Bhakti school. He is more or less a dry philosopher, mental speculator, with some mystic ideas. We are simply concerned with pure devotees, so we have nothing to learn from Aurobindo
- Because Ramacandra Puri had been rejected by his spiritual master, he became concerned only with finding faults in others and advising them according to dry Mayavada philosophy. For this reason he was not very respectful to the Vaisnavas
- By the empiric process, one can possibly distinguish the metaphysical subjects from the physical objects; but unless such seekers of truth can reach the personal feature of the Absolute Truth, they gain only dry, impersonal knowledge
- Damah means senses, controlling the senses. My tongue is dried up, asking for a cigarette. Now, if I am brahmana, then I shall say, "No, you cannot smoke." That is damah
- Devotees should protect their valuable jewel of spiritual love from the clutches of thieves and burglars. In other words, a pure devotee should not describe devotional service and its different analytical aspects to dry speculators and false renouncers
- Don't try to understand by false argument, dry argument, which is beyond your conception, beyond your reach. Simply waste of time. Then how to know? Now, srotavya. You have to hear. That is the only means
- Dry means
- Dry renunciation is forbidden by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, and we have also learned this from our spiritual master. The essence of devotional service must be taken into consideration, and not the outward paraphernalia
- Dry speculators, having been repulsed by the material phenomena in their search for knowledge of the Absolute, think that the transcendental form of the Supreme Personality of Godhead is also repulsive
- Dry Vedic knowledge makes you impersonalist, only a partial realization. Therefore bhakti must be there. Bhakti means without any result or karma and jnana
- During the rainy season, many small ponds, lakes and rivulets become filled with water; otherwise, the rest of the year they remain dry
- Emperor Svayambhuva Manu not only approached the cottage of dried leaves possessed by the hermit Kardama but also offered respectful obeisances unto him
- Empty sophistry may show off some mundane erudition, but it cannot help one make spiritual progress. In fact, these dry empirical debates often create big hurdles. So it is better to avoid them
- Even now in the Indian villages surrounding Vrndavana, the villagers live happily simply by giving protection to the cow. They keep cow dung very carefully and dry it to use as fuel
- Ever since Gandhi's noncooperation movement, Bombay has been kept dry and has not allowed its citizens to drink. But unfortunately the citizens are so clever that they have increased illicit distillation of liquor
- Everything that is material can be cut into pieces, can be burnt up, can be moistened, and can be dried up in the air
- False devotees think that studying books of the previous acaryas is unadvisable, like studying dry empiric philosophies
- False identification and attraction for matter gradually dry up and fade away by success in the cultivation of the human spirit. That is the effect of such higher cultivation
- From higher planets, they fall down with water, and then again, like bubbles, begins from water, life. As the water dries up, then vegetables, and then... Jalaja nava-laksani sthavara laksa... (Padma Purana). Then moving animals and ants, reptiles
- I have read with great interest your article especially the one which is named as "CHALAR PATHE." It is not only very amusing but also instructive. Simple dry philosophical arguments will not be appealing now a days to people in general
- I may request you to send me some of that bitter melon that you are growing there. You take some of that bitter and cut into pieces and dry it, then send
- I understand that due to rain New Vrindaban is not very dry now, but I hope it will be nice by the 18th of May when I wish to go there. Herewith you will find my program in this part of the country, and please do the needful
- I want that some ideal families of Krishna Consciousness should be established in your country, so that people can see that our movement is not one sided or dry. So we do not want dry renouncers
- If a big lake is covered all around by long kusa grass, just like columns, the waters dry up. Similarly, when the big columns of material desire increase, the clear water of consciousness is dried up
- If a bird happened to even pass over the spot, it would immediately die and fall down into the water. Due to the poisonous effect of the Yamuna’s vapors, the trees and grass near the bank of the Yamuna had all dried up
- If one pretends to be a devotee of the Lord but does not understand the difference between dry speculative knowledge and knowledge of the Supreme Absolute Truth, then such a person's devotion borders on impersonalism and is rank with cheap sentimentalism
- If simply dry teachings go on and there is no temple worship, then gradually he will glide down to vyabhicari instead of brahmacari
- If the body is not properly maintained, it falls down and dries up like an uprooted tree, from which flowers and fruit can no longer be obtained
- If you take green bananas, peel them and put them out in the sun to dry for one, two, three days - till it is dry - this is a very good tonic for liver
- In the beginning the whole planet was covered in water. The water is drying up and gradually land is coming out. So therefore in the beginning the aquatics, jalaja nava-laksani. So the aquatic animals, they are 900,000 species
- In the ecstasy of devotional service in dread, the unconstitutional symptoms are drying up of the mouth, exuberance, glancing towards the back side, concealing oneself, bewilderment, searching after the endangered lovable object and crying very loudly
- In this condition of lamentation one becomes questioning, thoughtful, tearful, regretful and heavy-breathed. His bodily color changes, and his mouth becomes dry
- Indirectly Kutila was insulted by the following statement, "My dear Kutila, daughter of Jatila, your breasts are as long as string beans - simply dry and long. Your nose is so gorgeous that it is defying the beauty of the noses of frogs"
- It is not that we are a dry philosophy of dogmas and slogans. No. The language of Krishna Consciousness is ever-fresh and we can explain everything by it, just like my Guru Maharaja once lectured for three months on one verse from Srimad-Bhagavatam
- Just like horse, when working very hard, you'll find some foams coming out of the mouth, we sometimes also, when we are very tired after working very hard, the tongue becomes dry and some foam comes
- Just like if we get dry wood, then the fire ignites very easily. If we get moist wood, then it takes some time. So voluntarily we should give up these sinful activities. Then spiritual advancement of life will be very quick
- Just see, a sparrow is trying to dry up the ocean. This is called determination
- Krishna Consciousness is a transcendental science which can be revealed to a sincere devotee who is prepared to render service to the Lord. Krishna Consciousness is not achieved by dry arguments or by academic qualifications
- Krsna Consciousness is not dry. We can give direction in politics, in sociology, in religion, in philosophy, in arts, in music, in aesthetics, and in what not? It is complete
- Krsna said, "While collecting the dried wood, we entered the dense forest and by chance became lost"
- Many of our students were dry and morose previous to their coming to Krsna consciousness, but having come into contact with devotees, they are now dancing like jubilant peacocks
- Materialistic persons are dry, but sometimes, when they are in a so-called opulent position, with a home or children or a little bank balance, they appear to be flourishing, but immediately afterwards become dry again, like the small rivulets and ponds
- Materialistic persons are dry, but sometimes, when they are in a so-called opulent position, with a home or children or a little bank balance, they appear to be flourishing, but immediately afterwards they become dry again
- My dear, just see how all of a sudden in the sky of Krsna there is a powerful sun & how this rising sun is minimizing the rays of our chastity moon. Our attraction for Krsna is so intense that it is drying up the lotus flower of our discrimination
- Nanda said, "My dear Yasoda, please don't be worried. Please dry your beautiful lotus-like face. There is no need for you to breathe so hotly. I will go immediately with Akrura to the palace of Kamsa and get your son back for you"
- None of these material effects ever touches the eternal living entity, the spirit soul, because the living spirit is invincible, nonflammable, nonmoistenable, and nondryable
- On the bank of the Yamuna, once there was the crackling sound of dry leaves, giggling from the cowherd boys and thundering from the sky. Sridama was tightening his belt to fight with Krsna, the conqueror of the demon Agha
- One hankers to revive his original condition and inquires how to do so. There are also deep thought, heavy breathing, crying and lamentation, as well as a changing of the bodily color and drying up of the tongue
- One who has no interest in krsna-katha or the cult of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is like dry, useless wood with no living force
- Our satisfaction is never achieved, as the small rivulets, lakes and ponds are never filled with water in the dry season. Due to rainfall, the grass, trees and other vegetation look very green
- Radharani continued, "'Now I am uselessly bearing the burden of My senses, which are like stone blocks and dried wood. I do not know how long I will be able to continue without shame"'
- Ramananda Raya concluded, "The unfortunate empiric philosophers taste the dry process of philosophical knowledge, whereas the devotees regularly drink the nectar of love of Krsna. Therefore they are the most fortunate of all"
- Remaining in that asrama, the great King Bharata Maharaja was now very careful not to fall victim to bad association. Without disclosing his past to anyone, he remained in that asrama and ate dry leaves only
- She (Damayanti) made sweetmeat balls with dried ginger to remove mucus caused by too much bile. She put all these preparations separately into small cloth bags
- She (Radharani) has a stringed instrument known as a kacchapi-vina, which is the fame and fortune that actually dries up the faces and breasts of the other gopis
- Since India is situated in the tropical zone, the atmosphere is always dry. Dust always accumulates on the streets and roads, so they must be sprinkled with water at least once a day, and in big cities like Calcutta twice a day
- Sometimes, also, Krsna went to the forest to collect dry wood for fuel
- Spirit is never pierced, burnt, dried, moistened, etc. This is vividly explained in the Bhagavad-gita
- Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura writes in his Anuvrtti commentary that too much endeavor to acquire knowledge on the part of mental speculators or dry philosophers falls within the category of atyahara
- Srila Rupa Gosvami mourns in this connection for persons who are in the fire of false renunciation, the dry speculative habit, and who neglect devotional service
- Srimati Radharani externally displays a kind of dry crying, as if She is offended. Then She mildly smiles and admonishes Lord Krsna
- Ten brahmanas cooked the food grains, and five brahmanas cooked both dry and liquid vegetables
- The Bhattacarya said, "One should eat the maha-prasadam of the Lord immediately upon receiving it, even though it is dried up, stale or brought from a distant country. One should consider neither time nor place"
- The dryness of material happiness cannot be moistened by so-called philosophers who cry for Brahman, liberation and similar dry speculative objects
- The example given herewith by the queens is very appropriate. The riverbeds become dry when the ocean no longer supplies water through the clouds
- The example is given that when a coconut becomes completely dry, the coconut pulp within the coconut shell separates from the bondage of the shell and the outer covering
- The first-class devotee is not interested in dry speculative methods meant for wasting time. In other words, one who has attained a mature determination in the matter of devotional service can be accepted as the first-class devotee
- The gopis continued, "How we are afflicted simply to think that Your soft lotus feet are being pricked by the dry grass and the tiny stones in the forest! We are so attached to You (Krsna) that we always think simply of Your lotus feet"
- The gopis said, "O friends, just see! At this particular spot we do not see the footprints of that gopi. It appears that because there were some pinpricks from the dried grass, Krsna took Radharani on His shoulder. Oh, She is so dear to Him"
- The mahatmas are the pure devotees who are on the path to Vaikuntha, the kingdom of God, and who always chant and hear the glories of the Lord rather than talk of dry, profitless philosophy
- The muddy earth gradually dries up, and newly grown fresh vegetation begins to wither. Similarly, for one who has taken to Krsna consciousness, desire for family enjoyment gradually dries up
- The natural process is to pour water on the root, but such disturbed leaders are more attracted to the leaves than the root. Despite their perpetually watering the leaves, however, everything dries up for want of nourishment
- The ocean is supposed to be the husband of the river and therefore is supposed to support her. Unless a woman is supported by her husband with the necessities of life, she also becomes as dry as a dry river
- The queens said, "At the present moment, you (dry rivers) appear very lean and thin, so we can understand that your position is exactly like ours. We have lost everything due to being separated from Syamasundara, we no longer hear His pleasing words"
- The queens said, "Dear dry rivers, we know that because this is the summer season, all your beds are dry, and you have no water. Because all your water has now been dried up, you are no longer beautified by blooming lotus flowers"
- The scope of the Krishna Consciousness Movement is Universal. The process for regaining one's original spiritual status or eternal life full with bliss and knowledge, is not abstracted dry theorizing
- The seven combined ingredients of maha-bhava are pride, ambition, fear, dry artificial crying, anger, envy and mild smiling
- The small ponds, which were filled with water because of the rainy season, gradually dry up in autumn
- The spark may fall down in dry grass. As soon as it falls down in dry grass, there is chance of igniting fire in the dry grass - sattva-guna. That is sattva-guna
- The sparks fall into different conditions and retain more or less of their original brilliance. Some sparks fall onto dry grass and thus ignite another big fire
- The symptoms originating from such existential ecstatic love are divided into three headings - namely, moist, burnt and dried-up
- The unfortunate transcendentalists simply speculate on dry philosophy, whereas the transcendentalists who are in love with Radha and Krsna are just like cuckoos enjoying the buds of the mango tree of love of Godhead
- There are many, many snakes on the ground of the forest, and when a fire takes place, it burns the dried foliage, and the snakes are immediately attacked
- These numberless plants and creepers resemble persons who dry up in severe penances for some material gain but then achieve their objectives and become luxuriously fat, nourished by sense enjoyment
- This detachment (a devotee naturally hates the association of so-called society, friendship and love) is not dry but is due to achieving a higher status of life by relishing transcendental mellows
- This individual soul is unbreakable and insoluble, and can be neither burned nor dried. He is everlasting, present everywhere, unchangeable, immovable and eternally the same
- This material world is a gigantic body only. Whole cosmic manifestation has a date of its creation. It is expanding and giving so many by-products. Then time will come which is called devastation - there will be no more rain, and everything will dry up
- We should not become religious fanatics, nor dry mental speculators. Both these classes of men are dangerous. They cannot make any advance. The combination. You should be religious, but try to understand each and every line philosophically
- When it was learned that the demon was entering Gokula in an angry mood, Mother Yasoda became so anxious to protect her child that her face dried up and there were tears in her eyes
- When Krsna asked all the gopis to go back to their homes, they did not like it. Because of their grief at this, they were sighing heavily, and their beautiful faces appeared to be drying up. In this condition they remained, without making a sound
- When one feels guilt one is said to be in a state of lamentation, in this condition one becomes questioning, thoughtful, tearful, regretful and heavy-breathed. His bodily color changes, and his mouth becomes dry
- When one finds himself in reversed conditions one is said to be in a state of lamentation, in this condition one becomes questioning, thoughtful, tearful, regretful and heavy-breathed. His bodily color changes, and his mouth becomes dry
- When one finds no fulfillment in his present occupation one is said to be in a state of lamentation, in this condition one becomes questioning, thoughtful, tearful, regretful and heavy-breathed. His bodily color changes, and his mouth becomes dry
- When one is unsuccessful in achieving his desired goal of life one is said to be in a state of lamentation, in this condition one becomes questioning, thoughtful, tearful, regretful and heavy-breathed. His bodily color changes, and his mouth becomes dry
- When Rksaraj was in front of Krsna fighting and suddenly realized that Krsna is the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna addressed him thus: "My dear Rksaraj, why is your face so dry? Please do not feel threatened by Me"
- When the dry philosophers are frustrated in every field of knowledge, they sometimes want to learn of God, and they come to the Supreme Lord to render devotional service and thus transcend knowledge of the impersonal Brahman
- When there are manifestations of ecstatic symptoms in the body of a nondevotee, these are called dried-up symptoms of ecstatic love
- Without personal service, one would go on speculating like the impersonalists and dry speculators life after life and would be unable to reach the final conclusion