Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
disturbance | disturbances
This category has the following 15 subcategories, out of 15 total.
- ► Havoc (38 P)
- ► Krsna's Disturbing (6 P)
- ► My Disturbances (Prabhupada) (26 P)
- ► Our Disturbances (Disciples of SP) (70 P)
- ► Perturbed (3 C, 49 P)
Pages in category "Disturbance"
The following 151 pages are in this category, out of 151 total.
- A boy loves a girl, a girl loves a boy. That is not love, that is lust. As soon as there is some disturbance in lusty affair, they divorce. So therefore that is not love
- A demon always creates disturbances, whereas a demigod always tries to keep peace in the world
- A ksatriya government should engage people in performing yajna, studying the Vedas and giving charity. Thus the people will receive their necessities for life very easily, and there will be no disturbances in society
- A man showing that he is a great devotee, he's great man of knowledge, but he has no reference with the books of knowledge, or the authoritative books, oh, that is simply creating disturbance. That is not religiosity, neither devotion
- A yaksa, a protector of riches, will not allow anyone to take away riches for enjoyment. Such a demon will simply create disturbances
- After this incident, all the elder cowherd men assembled together, and Nanda Maharaja presided. They began to consult amongst themselves how to stop the great disturbances in Mahavana on account of the demons
- All the above-mentioned thirty-one symptoms of ecstatic love are called vyabhicari, or disturbing. All these symptoms refer to apparently disturbed conditions, but even in such disturbed conditions there is acute ecstatic love for Krsna
- All the kings & brahmanas assembled at the sacrificial arena of Maharaj Yudhisthira became perturbed and immediately wanted to satisfy Krsna by offering nice prayers. But all these kings and brahmanas could not discover any disturbance in Krsna's person
- Any matter, any material thing you take, it does not exist. It has got a beginning and it has got an end, and in the middle there are so many disturbances - six kinds of changes in the matter
- As soon as there was some disturbance in Dvaraka, people considered the cause to be the absence of an auspicious personality in the city. Thus there was a rumor that because of the absence of Akrura inauspicious things were happening
- As the wild animal is killed when it creates disturbances, similarly any man who unnecessarily kills or terrifies the jungle animals or other animals must be punished at once
- At present, compared to other countries on earth, India is artificially disturbed. Despite these material disturbances, however, the country's culture is such that one can easily attain the goal of life - namely salvation
- At the time of death all the bodily functions are disrupted, and the mind is not in a proper condition. Thus disturbed by the bodily situation, one may not be able to remember the Supreme Lord
- Balabhadra Bhattacarya told the Lord, "I can no longer tolerate the disturbance of the crowd. People are coming one after another to offer invitations"
- Because of the appearance of the autumn season, the water of the ocean becomes calm and quiet, just as a person developed in self-realization becomes free from disturbance by the three modes of material nature
- Becoming ghost, you cannot enjoy anything grossly. The subtle body will create disturbance
- Both the materialist and the spiritualist can take advantage of the great shelter of the Himalayas. On the surface of the earth there are so many disturbances caused by the inhabitants
- Brahma-yamala states, "Instead, he (so-called great devotee) will simply create disturbances for the sincere students of devotional service"
- By taking care of the cage of the bird without taking any care of the bird within the cage, certainly the bird will be restless and unhappy and create disturbances
- Devotional service means attaining peace from all disturbances caused by material contamination. In other words, it is the process by which the mind is cooled
- Devotional service of the Lord that ignores the authorized Vedic literatures like the Upanisads, Puranas and Narada Pancaratra is simply an unnecessary disturbance in society
- Dhira means, I have already explained, not to be disturbed, even the cause of disturbance is there. So that is the qualification of becoming immortal
- Disturbance is always there, but they are not mindful about the real disturbances of life
- Disturbance was created formerly by the demons headed by Hiranyaksa (the great exploiter of the gold rush), and the earth was detached from its weightless condition and fell down into the Garbhodaka Ocean
- Disturbances from various diseases can be avoided by regulated diets
- Diti, the wife of the sage Kasyapa, could understand that the sons within her womb would be a cause of disturbance to the demigods
- Doorkeeper said, "My dear Indra, please desist from reading your prayers. This is creating a disturbance. Please wait silently. My dear Varuna, please go away. & my dear demigods, do not waste your time uselessly. Krsna is very busy; He cannot see You"
- Due to disturbances created by the demoniac kings, the sacrificial fire had been almost stopped in the houses of brahmanas, but now they could find the opportunity to start the fire peacefully
- Dvivida was as powerful as ten thousand elephants. Sometimes he would go to the seashore, and with his powerful hands he would create so much disturbance in the sea that he would flood the neighboring cities and villages
- Eventually the state will not be able to collect taxes and consequently will not be able to meet its huge military and administrative expenses. Everything will collapse, and there will be chaos and disturbance all over the state
- Everyone is trying to satisfy his or her senses. A woman is loving a man for satisfying her senses, and the man is loving a woman for satisfying. Therefore, as soon as there is some little disturbance in the sense gratification, divorce
- Garga Muni said, "This child (Krsna) will grow in power, beauty, opulence - in everything - on the level of Narayana, the Supreme Personality of God. Therefore I would advise that you protect Him very carefully so that He may grow without disturbance"
- Ghost creates disturbance. He hasn't got gross body to enjoy. They're ghostly haunted; therefore a male ghost haunts over woman, woman ghost haunts over man
- Ghost is also individual. But because the ghost does not get this material body they are invisible. They create disturbance for want of this body
- Ghostly position is very painful because a ghost has intelligence, mind and ego and wants to enjoy material life, but because he doesn't have a gross material body, he can only create disturbances for want of material satisfaction
- He (Bhaumasura) saw that Krsna's carrier, Garuda, had caused great disturbance to his soldiers and elephants, and in great anger he struck Garuda with all his strength, which defied the strength of a thunderbolt
- He (Krsna) said, "and every one of us will derive benefit from the jewel. Because of the jewel’s presence in the city of Dvaraka, there will be no more famines or disturbances created by pestilence or excessive heat and cold"
- He (Maharaja Ambarisa) was the emperor of the entire world and had many duties to perform, and in the course of these duties there were many disturbances created by persons like Durvasa Muni, but the King tolerated everything
- He (Upananda) said: My dear friends the cowherd men, in order to do good to this place, Gokula, we should leave it, because so many disturbances are always occurring here, just for the purpose of killing Rama and Krsna
- He was very enthusiastic to worship Sri Krsna without disturbance, and therefore, almost in madness, he accepted the sannyasa order
- Hell and disturbance only because of the unwanted insane populace addicted to sex indulgence
- Here is a programme of spiritual movement (an appeal enclosed herewith). I am struggling alone very hard to give it an effective shape without any help from persons like you. You can help the movement a lot without the least difficulty or disturbances
- I think that all these earthly disturbances indicate some greater loss to the good fortune of the world. The world was fortunate to have been marked with the footprints of the lotus feet of the Lord. These signs indicate that this will no longer be
- If anyone desires to be treated, he must live with us. Before admitting him, we must see that he is not a mad man and will not create a disturbance
- If others try to put a devotee into anxiety, he is not disturbed. It is by the grace of the Lord that he is so practiced that he is not disturbed by any outward disturbance
- If we say that your God is like this and our God is like that, then there will be great disturbance. Simply speak on general topics. Then let them read our literature and ask questions. In this way try to push on our missionary activities
- If we want release from all this disturbance of the material world, then the first and foremost thing is adau gurvasrayam
- If you dig on the western side, there is a ghost who will create such a disturbance that your hands will not even touch the treasure
- In every age He protects the world through His different features when the world is disturbed by the enemies of Indra
- In Kali-yuga the direct method (Krsna consciousness) is especially more feasible than the indirect because people are short-living, their intelligence is poor, and they are poverty-stricken and embarrassed by so many miserable disturbances
- In order to concentrate the mind, one should always remain in seclusion and avoid disturbance by external objects. He should be very careful to accept favorable and reject unfavorable conditions that affect his realization
- In the absence of Akrura there were apparently some disturbances in Dvaraka. The superstition arose for the following reason: Once in the province of Kasi (Varanasi) there was severe drought - practically no rain fell
- In the condition of dreaming, when one's consciousness is almost covered, one may see many unfavorable things which cause disturbance or anxiety, but upon awakening, although he remembers what happened in the dream, he is not disturbed
- In this age of Kali the direct method of spiritual advancement is especially more feasible than the indirect because people are short-living, their intelligence is poor, and they are poverty-stricken and embarrassed by so many miserable disturbances
- In this age of Kali, so many gurus have sprung up, and because they do not refer to the sruti-smrti-puranadi-pancaratrika-vidhi, they are creating a great disturbance in the world in regard to understanding the Absolute Truth
- Indra said, "Your (Krsna's) transcendental position is visuddha-sattva, which is above the platform of the material mode of goodness, and Your transcendental abode is beyond the disturbance of the material qualities"
- Instead (of accepting the result of his (Nrga) pious activities), he thought it better first to receive the effects of his impious activities & then enjoy the pious activities without disturbance. On the whole, he had not developed Krsna consciousness
- It is foretold herein that in the absence of good monarchical government, everyone will be the cause of disturbance for others by plundering riches, animals, women, etc
- It is to be understood that the demoniac population is increasing and so the natural disturbance is also taking place. There are many countries on the globe, even at the present moment, where all these disturbances are current
- It must not cause any disturbance either in the girl's family or in the local community
- Like the most experienced evil stars, they (evil witches known as Dakinis, Yatudhanis, Kusmandas and evil spirits like Bhutas, Pretas, Pisacas, Yaksas, Raksasas, Vinayakas) all create great disturbances, especially for children
- Lord Balarama said, "Ugrasrava, will therefore have all the facilities you (sages) offered - a long duration of life in a good and healthy body, with no disturbances and full strength of all the senses"
- Material world means so long we'll have this material body, we'll have to face so many disturbances. War is one of them
- More important than the body and mind is the spirit, which has been set aside without any proper culture of knowledge. As a result, the darkness of nescience has overshadowed the world and has brought about great unrest, disturbance, and distress
- Mother Yasoda continued, "So we had better keep Him (Krsna) locked up within the house. I have been very worried about the recent disturbances of the Kesi demon, who has been assuming the form of a giant horse"
- Narada Muni's opinion is that even if there is some temporary disturbance in the execution of the varnasrama-dharma principles, they can be revived at any moment
- Natural death means I will be encumbered with so many things, natural disturbance of this body, the disturbance, they'll be choked up, and cough, mucus, so many things
- Nepotism, bribery, cheating, aggression and, therefore, famine, epidemic, war and similar other disturbing features become prominent in human society. And the devotees of the Lord or the faithful are persecuted by all means
- Now there is a crowd of people here, and these invitations are causing much disturbance. In addition, the Lord is always ecstatic and emotional. I do not find the situation here very good
- Often he (Dvivida) would go to the hermitages of great saintly persons and sages and cause a great disturbance by smashing their beautiful gardens and orchards
- On the plea of disturbance of the bodily air and metabolism, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu acted as if crazy. Thus in His school He began to explain the grammar of verbs through Krsna consciousness
- On the surface of the earth there are so many disturbances caused by the inhabitants
- One should remain satisfied with one woman, being duly married. One can satisfy one's lusty desires with his wife without creating disturbances in society and being punished for doing so
- One time, having seen the great disturbances in Brhadvana, all the elderly persons among the cowherd men, headed by Nanda Maharaja, assembled and began to consider what to do to stop the continuous disturbing situations in Vraja
- One who is advanced in spiritual life, he's not agitated by the so-called political upheavals or social disturbances
- Owing to various kinds of disturbances and to being out of the abdomen, the child cannot remember what he was thinking of for his salvation
- Screaming loudly, the demon (Balvala), who had been such a great disturbance to the pious brahmanas, fell to the ground like a great mountain with a red oxide peak being struck and smashed to the ground by a thunderbolt
- Secretions within the body transform into other secretions like blood, urine and stool, but if there are disturbances in the metabolism, the secretions turn into kapha (mucus) by the influence of the air within the body
- Seeing the disturbance of the general populace and the imminent destruction of the planets, Arjuna at once retracted both brahmastra weapons, as Lord Sri Krsna desired
- Sex disturbance is the permanent disease of the Western people
- Siva-jvara said, "When there are disturbances by irregular principles, my dear Lord, You appear by Your internal potency"
- Social and political issues do not affect him (the devotee), because he knows the situation of temporary upheavals and disturbances
- Some of the dead animals that were fit to be offered in sacrifices were carried by servants and sent to King Yudhisthira. The ferocious animals, such as tigers and rhinoceroses, were killed only to stop disturbances in the forest
- Sometimes disturbances come, but the agonies and anxieties of the devotees are at once mitigated when they think of the Supreme Personality of Godhead in His beautiful form or the smiling face of the Lord
- Sometimes he (Dvivida) would uproot a big mountain and tear it to pieces. In this way he created great disturbances all over the country, especially in the province of Kathwar
- Such persons (Sahajiyas) are simply creating disturbances in the discharge of devotional service
- The city of Dvaraka was situated in this Kathwar province, and because Lord Krsna used to live in this city, Dvivida specifically made it his target of disturbance
- The elderly brahmana prayed, "My dear Lord Gopala, I have taken shelter of Your lotus feet, and therefore I request You to please protect my religious principles from disturbance and at the same time save my kinsmen from dying"
- The floating of the planets in the weightless air is due to the inner constitution of the globes, and the modernized drilling of the earth to exploit oil from within is a sort of disturbance by the modern demons
- The gopis said, "Yet just to satisfy His devotee, He treated Radharani exactly as a lusty boy treats his girlfriend. Krsna is so kind that He always tolerates the disturbances created by His girlfriends"
- The Gosvamis say, "Without any reference to these all Vedic literatures, any kind of devotional service is simply disturbance." Pancaratri-vidhim vina aikantiki harer bhaktir upatayaiva kalpate. Utpat, disturbance
- The great sage Sri Maitreya was explaining to Vidura the activities of the demigods, including Lord Brahma. When Diti heard from her husband that the sons she bore within her abdomen would be causes of disturbances to the demigods, she was not very happy
- The Lord Visnu who lies in the ocean of milk incarnates Himself in various forms to maintain the laws of the cosmos and annihilate the causes of disturbance. Such incarnations are visible in every manv-antara
- The modern demons are the harmful material scientists who create some material wonders for disturbance in the society
- The more the population is atheistic, the more disturbance in the society
- The predominating deity of every planet can see the supreme lord of this universe, Brahma, whenever there is some disturbance on his planet. And Brahma can approach the Supreme Lord Visnu
- The reptile society became so disturbed that their leader, Vasuki, appealed to Lord Brahma for protection. Lord Brahma made an arrangement by which Garuda would not create a disturbance
- The sages said, "Our dear Lord (Balarama), there is a very powerful demon of the name Balvala. He is the son of Ilvala, and he visits this sacred place of sacrifice every fortnight on the full moon and moonless days and creates a great disturbance"
- The sex demand is inevitable for everyone, but one who has a fixed wife is saved from the onslaught of the sense enemies. A man who possesses a good wife does not create a disturbance in society by corrupting virgin girls
- The so-called siddha-pranai process is followed by the prakrta sahajiya, a pseudo-sect of so-called Vaisnavas. In the opinion of Rupa Gosvami, such activities are simply disturbances to the standard way of devotional service
- Their (Krsna's, Arjuna's and Bhima's) purpose in killing Jarasandha was to stop him from creating a disturbance to the proper discharge of world peace
- There is another saintly compassion, "Never mind he has done so much mischievous activities, this king, still it is our duty to go to him and give him good advice so that all these disturbances may be stopped and people will become happy"
- There is earthquake, and we are afraid of this building may fall down, the cause of disturbances, then we become very much disturbed - sometimes screaming. So one who is not disturbed, even there is cause of disturbance, he is called dhira
- There was some whispering about a rumor that Rukmini had sent a messenger to Krsna; therefore the soldiers suspected that Krsna might cause a disturbance by attempting to kidnap Rukmini
- There will be peace and prosperity in the world due to good and sane population only; there is hell and disturbance only because of the unwanted, insane populace addicted to sex indulgence
- These man made borders of land are disturbances in the Law of the Lord. All lands belong to Krishna and as servant of Krishna we have every right to enter any land
- These material disturbances cannot be subsided by your concocted method. It can be subsided by the mercy bestowed by Krsna
- This Buddha philosophy, Mayavada philosophy is like that. "Kill me, please. Make me zero, void." So much frustration. So much disturbance that they want to make it zero. But our philosophy is life, real life
- This country is mainly occupied by Muslims. At any place someone can create a disturbance, and although Your companion Balabhadra Bhattacarya is a learned scholar, he does not know how to speak the local language
- This world is very awful. Anyone is ready to create some disturbance, especially they are very much apt to disturb Krishna Consciousness persons because that is the way of demoniac life
- Those who are overly attracted to their life situation are forced to remain in a ghostly body and are not allowed to accept another gross body. Even in the body of a ghost, they create disturbances for neighbors and relatives
- To do actual Hatha Yoga one must not live in the city, but he must go to a sacred spot, and completely freed from all attachments and all material desires and disturbances, he must concentrate his mind upon the Lord within his heart
- We have recently experienced a war between India and Pakistan. Within fourteen days there have been immense losses of men and money, and there have been disturbances to the entire world. These are the reactions of sinful life
- We have to keep Krsna always in the center, and then although there are disturbances and sometimes fall downs we will be able to work together and keep our society intact
- When a person is undisturbed even in the presence of various causes of disturbance, he is called reserved and perseverant
- When brahmanas are free from envy, untruthfulness, unnecessary pride, grudges, disturbance by the opulence of others, and false prestige, their blessings never go in vain
- When Lord Balarama saw the disturbances created by the gorilla and heard that he had already performed many mischievous activities all over the country, He became very angry and decided to kill him
- When Sisupala was thus killed, a great roar and howl went up from the crowd. Taking advantage of that disturbance, the few kings who were supporters of Sisupala quickly left the assembly out of fear for their lives
- When the heart is actually cleansed, one can clearly see the Lord sitting there without any disturbance
- When the Kesi demon was causing disturbance in Vrndavana by assuming a large horse's body that was so big that he could jump over the trees, Mother Yasoda told her husband, Nanda Maharaj, "Our child (Krsna) is very restless"
- When there is emotion due to a sudden disturbance, one's face becomes discolored, one becomes struck with wonder, and there is trembling of the body
- When there is some disturbance caused by wild animals in a village or town, the police or others take action to kill them. Similarly, it is the duty of the government to kill at once all bad social elements such as thieves, dacoits and murderers
- When we passed through the sea on the ship, although we are on the sea, quite safe, still, when there is some storm, when there is some disturbance on the ocean, we also become very much disturbed, because that situation is foreign to us
- Whenever there is a disturbance in the state, or a panic situation, the property and lives of the citizens become unsafe. This is caused by the uprising of various thieves and rogues
- Whenever we'll find disturbance, you must know there is atheistic population. And peaceful country or a godly persons, they are never disturbing
- While creating such great disturbances all over the country, sometimes he (Dvivida) heard very sweet musical sounds from Raivataka Mountain, and so he entered that mountainous region
- While Nanda Maharaja was returning home, he considered Vasudeva’s warning that there might be some disturbance in Gokula. Certainly the advice was friendly and not false. So Nanda thought, “There is some truth in it”
- Within fourteen days there have been immense losses of men and money, and there have been disturbances to the entire world. These are the reactions of sinful life. The Krsna consciousness movement is meant to make people pure and perfect
- Without following the rules and regulation of these scriptures, if one poses himself as devotee of Krsna, aikantiki harer bhaktih-harer means Lord, bhakti, devotional service - he is a disturbance to the society
- Without purification of heart, sannyasa is simply a disturbance to the social order