Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
disc | discs | disk
- This category is not for the Lord's Sudarsana disc
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Disc"
The following 50 pages are in this category, out of 50 total.
- All the Visnu forms were of bluish color and dressed in yellow garments; all of Them had four hands decorated with club, disc, lotus flower and conchshell. On Their heads were glittering golden helmets inlaid with jewels
- As iron attracted by a magnetic stone moves automatically toward the magnet, my (Prahlada's) consciousness, having been changed by His (Lord Visnu's) will, is attracted by Lord Visnu, who carries a disc in His hand. Thus I have no independence
- As the sun disc and the sunshine cannot be separated, Krsna and His bodily rays, the brahmajyoti, cannot be separated. Thus Krsna claims that the brahmajyoti is He Himself. This is clearly stated in the Hari-vamsa, when Krsna says aham sah
- He (the lotus-eyed Lord Visnu, the Supreme Personality of Godhead) resembled a bluish rain cloud with flashing lightning, and in two of His four hands He held a conchshell and disc
- His (Lord Visnu) four hands were decorated with a conchshell, club, lotus and disc, He was dressed in yellow garments, and His eyes appeared like the petals of a blooming lotus
- Holding in her hands a bow, a trident, arrows, a shield, a sword, a conchshell, a disc and a club, and being praised by celestial beings like Apsaras, Kinnaras, Uragas, Siddhas, Caranas and Gandharvas, who worshiped her
- In His lower right hand, Lord Vasudeva holds a club, in the upper right hand a conchshell, in the upper left hand a disc and in the lower left hand a lotus flower
- In His lower right hand, Sankarsana holds a club, in His upper right hand a conchshell, in His upper left hand a lotus flower and in His lower left hand a disc
- It is not a fact that we can see everything as it is simply by applying our ocular power to it. Every morning when the sun rises, we see this vast mass of matter as if it were just a small disc. Of course, the sun is much larger
- Krsna replied to the messenger of Paundraka, "At that time (when your head is severed from your body by My disc) your (Paundraka's) body will be thrown to the dogs, who will eat it with great pleasure"
- Krsna replied to the messenger of Paundraka, "At that time (when your head is severed from your body by My disc), instead of becoming My shelter, as you (Paundraka) have demanded, you will be subject to the mercy of these lowborn birds"
- Krsna replied to the messenger of Paundraka, "I shall never give up the symbols of Vasudeva, especially My disc. I shall use this disc to kill not only you (Paundraka) but all your followers also"
- Krsna replied to the messenger of Paundraka, "O foolish King (Paundraka), you will then have to conceal your face in disgrace & when your head is severed from your body by My disc, it will be surrounded by meat-eating birds like vultures, hawks & eagles"
- Krsna saw that Paundraka had decorated himself with the symbols of the conchshell, disc, lotus and club
- Lord Adhoksaja holds the lotus, club, conch and disc. Lord Upendra holds the conch, club, disc and lotus
- Lord Caitanya showed Nityananda His four-armed form, standing in a three-curved posture. With two hands He played upon a flute, and in the other two He carried a conchshell and disc
- Lord Vamanadeva appeared in this world from the womb of Aditi completely equipped with conchshell, disc, club and lotus. His bodily hue was blackish, and He was dressed in yellow garments
- Of all these defects, there is sublime defect that our senses are imperfect. All our senses. The same thing, just like with our eyes we see daily the sun, but we see just like a disk
- On the planet Sutala, not even the predominating deities of other planets, what to speak of ordinary people, will be able to conquer you (Bali maharaja). As far as the demons are concerned, if they transgress your rule, My (Vamana's) disc will kill them
- One who worships the salagrama-sila can also be relieved of offenses. In the Brahmanda Purana it is said that one who worships Lord Visnu, whose four hands bear a conchshell, disc, lotus flower and club, can be relieved from the above offenses
- Set into motion by the Supreme Personality of Godhead and wandering in all the four directions, the disc of the Supreme Lord has sharp edges as destructive as the fire of devastation at the end of the millennium
- She (goddess Durga) was decorated with nice garments and flower garlands and ornaments; in her eight hands she held a bow, lance, arrows, sword, conchshell, disc, club and shield
- She (the younger sister of Visnu, Goddess Durga) was decorated with nice garments and flower garlands and ornaments; in her eight hands she held a bow, lance, arrows, sword, conchshell, disc, club and shield
- Su means "very nice," and darsana means "observation"; by the grace of Lord Krsna’s disc, Sudarsana, everything can be seen very nicely, and nothing can remain in darkness
- The brahma-jyotir, or the glowing transcendental effulgence, is resting on Lord Sri Krsna. In other words, the glowing effulgence known as brahma-tejas is nothing but the rays of the Lord, just as the sun rays are rays of the sun disc
- The brahmajyoti is not separate from the Lord, as the glowing sun ray is not independent of the sun disc. Therefore one who desires to merge into the supreme impersonal brahmajyoti must also worship the Lord by bhakti-yoga
- The club and disc are meant for the infidel miscreants and demons, and the lotus flower and conchshell are for the devotees. But because the Lord is the Supreme Absolute, the result of all His weapons is one and the same
- The demon (Hiranyaksa) was enraged when his trident was cut to pieces by the discus of the Personality of Godhead
- The demon (Hiranyaksa) was enraged when his trident was cut to pieces by the discus of the Personality of Godhead. He therefore advanced toward the Lord and, roaring aloud, struck his hard fist against the Lord's broad chest
- The disc of the Lord is called Sudarsana because he does not discriminate between high and low criminals or demons
- The glowing effulgence known as brahma-tejas is nothing but the rays of the Lord, just as the sun rays are rays of the sun disc
- The Lord is bedecked with flower garlands, His neck is decorated with the Kaustubha gem, and He carries with Him the goddess of fortune and His personal weapons, like His disc and club
- The sunshine, the sun disc and the inner affairs of the sun planet cannot be separated from one another, and yet the students of the three different phases are not in the same category
- We are all eternally related with Him (Lord Krsna) as the sun rays are eternally related with the sun disc
- When He (Krsna) saw that His horses were hesitant to proceed into the darkness, He immediately released His disc, known as the Sudarsana cakra, which illuminated the sky a thousand times brighter than sunlight
- When Lord Sri Krsna stood up with His disc to kill Salva, He appeared just like a mountain with the red sun rising over it
- When the sons of Pandu, headed by Maharaj Yudhisthira, saw Krsna in His fourhanded form on the battlefield of Kuruksetra, holding His conchshell, disk, club and lotus flower