Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
dear | dearer | dearest | dearly | dearmost | dearness
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Pages in category "Dear"
The following 148 pages are in this category, out of 148 total.
- A wife who is satisfied, who is not greedy, who is expert and knows religious principles, who speaks what is dear and truthful and is not bewildered, and who is always clean and affectionate should be very much devoted to her husband if he is not fallen
- Akrura continued, "Throughout the Vedic literature it is declared that You (Krsna) are the dearmost friend of every living entity. This is confirmed in the Bhagavad-gita: suhrdam sarva-bhutanam (BG 5.29)"
- Although due to feminine shyness there were many hindrances to embracing the dear husband, Lord Sri Krsna, the queens performed that act by seeing Him, by putting Him in the cores of their hearts, and by sending their sons to embrace Him
- Another gopi said to her friends, "My dear friends, the cows are also charmed as soon as they hear the transcendental sound of the flute of Krsna"
- Another gopi said, "My dear friends, just see the deer! Although they are dumb animals, they have approached the son of Maharaja Nanda, Krsna"
- Another gopi said, "My dear friends, Krsna is so nicely dressed that He appears to be the impetus to various kinds of ceremonies held by the womenfolk"
- Another gopi said, "My dear friends, we cannot even think of His bamboo flute - what sort of pious activities did it execute so that it is now enjoying the nectar of the lips of Krsna, which is actually the property of us gopis?"
- Another gopi spoke thus to her friends about Krsna: "Dear friend, our Vrndavana is proclaiming the glories of this entire earth because this planet is glorified by the lotus footprints of the son of Devaki"
- Another lady in the assembly addressed her friend, "Dear friend, just imagine how fortunate is the land of Vrndavana, where the S P of God Himself is present, always decorated with flower garlands engaged in tending cows along with His brother, Balarama"
- Balarama said, "Dear friends, this time I have come to you (Kurus) as a messenger with the order of the all-powerful King Ugrasena. Please, hear the order with attention & great care. Without wasting a single moment, please try to carry out the order"
- Being compassionate and favoring Krsna and Balarama, the many ladies in the audience began to talk as follows, "Dear friends, there is injustice here." Another said, "Even in front of the King this wrestling is going on between incompatible sides"
- Better would be that you and my other dear disciples try to manage all centers as far as possible independently. For me, in my old age, moving constantly does not suit my health
- Brahma said, "This temporary existence of the material world appears to be pleasing and dear on account of its having evolved from Your body, which is eternal and full of bliss and knowledge"
- Dear daughter, don't be worried because Radharani is belching. I am about to offer a remedial measure for this symptom. This belching is not due to indigestion; it is a sign of ecstatic love for Krsna. I shall arrange to cure this belching symptom
- Dear devotees
- Dear Krsna, as women, we are certainly satisfied when our hearts are engaged in the activities of family affairs, but our hearts have already been stolen by You. We can no longer engage them in family affairs
- Dear Syamasundara, they (the gopis) said, we are all Your eternal servitors. Whatever You order us to do, we are obliged to perform without hesitation because we consider it our religious duty
- Dear Yasoda, why don’t you restrict your naughty Krsna? He comes to our houses along with Balarama every morning and evening, and before the milking of the cows They let loose the calves, and the calves drink all the milk of the cows
- Dearest devotees
- Devaki said "You are not to be killed by any female child. That was the prophecy. You are to be killed by a male child, so please do not kill her. My dear brother, you have killed so many of my children who were just born, shining like the sun"
- Devaki, on seeing her brother approaching, prayed in a very meek attitude to Kamsa: “My dear brother, please do not kill this female child. I promise that this child will be the wife of your son; therefore don’t kill her
- He (Nanda Maharaj) said, "My dear Uddhava how is my friend Vasudeva enjoying life? He is now released from the prison of Kamsa, and he is now with his friends and his children, Krsna and Balarama"
- He (Uddhava) continued, "My dear gopis, the mentality you have developed in relationship with Krsna is very, very difficult to attain, even for great sages and saintly persons. You have attained the highest perfectional stage of life"
- He (Uddhava) had brought a message in writing from Krsna, and now he wanted to present it before the gopis, just to pacify them. He said, "My dear gopis, your mission of human life is now successful"
- He (Varuna) replied: O dear one (Hiranyaksa), we have now desisted from warfare, having grown too old for combat
- I am the goal, the sustainer, the master, the witness, the abode, the refuge, and the most dear friend
- If Krsna's enemies could get freed from material contamination and become one with the Supreme, then certainly His dear friends like the gopis can achieve such freedom and much more
- In Kimpurusa-varsa the great devotee Hanuman is always engaged with the inhabitants of that land in devotional service to Lord Ramacandra, the elder brother of Laksmana and dear husband of Sitadevi
- In the same Padyavali there is the following description, which is taken as a sign of frustration in conjugal love. Srimati Radharani said, "Dear Mr. Cupid, please do not excite Me by throwing your arrows at My body
- In this way He (Krsna) was answering all of the questions of Radharani so cunningly that He gladdened this dearest of the gopis
- Krsna and Balarama continued, "For certain reasons We were rejected by Our father and mother, and you protected Us. Dear father and mother, We know that you will feel separation upon returning to Vrndavana and leaving Us here"
- Krsna and Balarama said, "Dear father and mother, although We were born of Vasudeva and Devaki, you have been Our real father and mother, because from Our very birth and childhood you raised Us with great affection and love"
- Krsna asked His father, "My dear father, what is this arrangement going on for a great sacrifice? What is the result of such a sacrifice, and for whom is it meant? How is it performed? Will you kindly let Me know?"
- Krsna continued, "The wonderful explanation you have given of My every word is completely factual and approved by Me. O most beautiful Rukmini, you are My dearmost wife. I am greatly pleased to understand how much love you have for Me"
- Krsna persisted, "My dear father, for those who are liberal and saintly, there is no secrecy. They do not think anyone to be a friend, an enemy or a neutral party, because they are always open to everyone"
- Krsna spoke Karma-mimamsa philosophy, "My dear father, I don’t think you need to worship any demigod for the successful performance of your agricultural activities"
- Krsna spoke to His elder brother Balarama as follows: "My dear brother, You are superior to all of us, and Your lotus feet are worshiped by the demigods. Just see how these trees, full with fruits and flowers, have bent down to worship Your lotus feet"
- Krsna told Narada, "Dear sage, now you can declare to the devotees & to the nondevotees in particular, that in this matter of taking the parijata flower, all the demigods tried to defeat Me, but none could make Me break My promise to My queen"
- Lord Krsna said, "He can very easily cross over ocean of nescience, and he is not subject to the influence he illusory energy. Dear friend, everyone should consider his father to be his first teacher because by the mercy of one's father one gets body"
- Lord Krsna said, "My dear father, there is no need to worship the demigod Indra. Everyone has to achieve the result of his own work"
- Lord Siva said "We have all taken shelter of You (Krsna) because we have accepted You as the Supreme Lord and the dearmost life and soul of all of us"
- Lord Siva said, "My Lord, You (Krsna) are actually the dearmost Supersoul of all living entities and the supreme controller of everything"
- Lord Siva was especially sorry because he had recently lost his dear wife and was also very much afflicted by the unkind words of Daksa. Under the circumstances, Lord Brahma suggested, it would behoove them (the demigods) to go at once and beg his pardon
- Lord Sri Krsna said: "Devotional service unto Me is the only way to attain Me. My dear gopis, whatever love and affection you have attained for Me by good fortune is the only reason for My returning to you"
- Money is so dear that one conceives of money as being sweeter than honey. Therefore, who can give up the desire to accumulate money, especially in household life
- Mother Yasoda addressed Balarama thus: "My dear Rama, the glory of Your family, my dear child, please come back with Your younger brother Krsna immediately. You have been engaged in playing since early morning, and You must be very tired"
- Mother Yasoda said, "My dear Krsna, O my dear lotus-eyed child, please come and suck my breast. You have played enough. You must be very hungry, my dear little child. You must be tired from playing for so long"
- My (Kardama Muni) dear Devahuti, you look very much afraid. First bathe in Lake Bindu-sarovara, created by Lord Visnu Himself, which can grant all the desires of a human being, and then mount this airplane
- My (Krsna's) dear daughter of the King of Vidarbha (Rukmini), I think you did not consider very sagaciously before your marriage. Thus you made a wrong selection by choosing Me as your husband
- My (Krsna) dear boys & relatives, I therefore advise you that even if a brahmana becomes angry with you & calls you by ill names or curses you, still you should not retaliate. On the contrary, you should smile, tolerate him & offer your respects
- My (Krsna) dear girls, if you think that you are My eternal servitors and you are always ready to execute My order, then My request is that, with your smiling faces, you please come here alone, one after another, and take away your garments
- My dear boy (Rudra), I (Brahma) have already selected the following places for your residence: the heart, the senses, the air of life, the sky, the air, the fire, the water, the earth, the sun, the moon and austerity
- My dear daughter of King Vidarbha, My dear Rukmini, please do not misunderstand Me (Krsna). Don't be unkind to Me like this. I know that you are sincerely and seriously attached to Me; you are My eternal companion
- My dear friend, now I have met My very old and dear friend Krsna on this field of Kuruksetra
- My dear sons, there is no reason to labor very hard for sense pleasure while in this human form of life; such pleasures are available to the stool-eaters (hogs). Rather, you should undergo penances in this life by which your existence will be purified
- Nanda continued, "My dear Uddhava, when we think of Krsna's beautiful face and eyes and His different activities here in Vrndavana, we become so overwhelmed that all our activities cease"
- Nanda Maharaja replied: My dear Vasudeva, I know that you are very much aggrieved because the cruel king Kamsa has killed all your sons born of Devaki. Although the last child was a daughter, Kamsa could not kill her
- Naradaji saw Lord Krsna engaged in playing chess with His dear wife and Uddhava. The Lord immediately got up from His personal seat and invited Narada Muni to sit there
- O dearly beautiful one, the artistic loveliness of Your (Krsna's) picture is now impressed within My (Radharani's) mind
- O My Lord! O dearest one! O only friend of the universe! O Krsna, O restless one, O only ocean of mercy! O My Lord, O My enjoyer, O beloved to My eyes! Alas, when will You again be visible to Me
- Once during the rasa dance, when Radharani left the arena, and Krsna went to seek Her out, one of the dear friends of Radharani began to address Krsna thusly
- One's body is very dear, yet Devahuti was so faithful to her husband that not only did she serve him with great devotion, service and respect, but she did not even care for her own health. That is called selfless service
- Our dear husbands (Kamsa and his eight brothers), you treated persons ill who were faultless, and as a result you have been killed. This is inevitable because a person who torments an innocent person must be punished by the laws of nature
- Out of their great affection for Krsna, and being unaware of the extent of His potencies, they (the inhabitants of Vrndavana) became overwhelmed with grief and anxiety because they had nothing dearer than Krsna
- Radharani continued, "Nor can they understand the unhappiness within Me. They simply try to console Me repeatedly, saying, 'Dear friend, be patient'"
- Rukmini continued, "A foolish woman accepts such a dead body as her husband and, in sheer misunderstanding, loves him as her dear companion. This is possible only because such a woman has never relished the ever-blissful fragrance of Your lotus feet"
- Shaking Uddhava's hand with His own hands, He (Krsna) said, “My dear gentle friend Uddhava, please go immediately to Vrndavana and try to pacify My father and mother, Nanda Maharaja and Yasoda-devi, and the gopis
- Some of the gopis then addressed their gopi friends: "Dear friends, why don’t you question these creepers, who are so jubilantly embracing the big trees as if the trees were their husbands?"
- Sometimes he suffers from the burning heat of household life, which is like a forest fire, and sometimes he becomes sad to have his wealth, which is as dear as life, plundered by kings in the name of heavy income taxes
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, the ocean of mercy, chastised Junior Haridasa, although Junior Haridasa was His dear devotee, to establish that one in the devotional line, engaged in pure devotional service, should not be a hypocrite
- Sridama, Subala & Stoka Krsna said, "All of them (the demons) are very strong, so it is very difficult to approach this place. Dear brothers, You are the only persons who can kill such demons. Other than You, no one can go there for fear of being killed"
- Sridama, Subala & Stoka Krsna said, "Dear Balarama, if You like, let us all go there and enjoy these fruits. The aroma of the fruits is now spread everywhere. Don’t You smell it from here?"
- Sridama, Subala & Stoka Krsna said, "Dear Krsna and Balarama, this demon (Dhenukasura) is present there in the form of an ass, and he is surrounded by similar demon friends who have assumed the same shape"
- Sridama, Subala & Stoka Krsna said, "It appears that up until now, no one has tasted the sweet fruits there, either on the tree or on the ground. Dear Krsna, to tell You frankly, we are very attracted by this sweet aroma"
- Srimati Radharani continued, "Krsna is so kind and affectionate to Me that He has fortunately sent you back, in spite of your carrying My message against Him. All good fortune to you, My dear friend. Now you may ask from Me whatever you want"
- Srimati Radharani was very careful this time not to say anything against Krsna. "My dear friend, I welcome you," She said. "Krsna is so kind that He has again sent you"
- The boys began to talk among themselves: "Dear friends, this figure appears to be a great animal, and he is sitting in such a posture just to swallow us all. Just see - is it not a big snake that has widened his mouth to eat all of us?"
- The gopis began to condemn the activities of Akrura. Stating that he was taking Krsna, who was more dear than the dearest to them & who was the pleasure of their eyes. He was being taken from their sight without their being informed or solaced by Akrura
- The gopis continued, "It seems that He (Krsna) has been entrapped by the women of Mathura. My dear Uddhava, will you kindly let us know if Krsna sometimes remembers us while in the midst of other women"
- The gopis continued, "My dear Uddhava kindly let us know whether Krsna sometimes thinks of us while in the midst of the highly enlightened society girls in Mathura. We know that the women and girls in Mathura are not village women"
- The gopis said, "Dear malati flower, dear mallika flower, dear jasmine flower, all of you must have been touched by Krsna while He was passing this way after giving us transcendental enjoyment"
- The gopis said, "He (Krsna) has stolen our hearts and gone away. If you have seen Him, kindly inform us which way He has gone. Dear asoka tree, dear naga flower tree and campaka flower tree, have you seen the younger brother of Balarama pass this way?"
- The gopis said, "He (Krsna) has taken Her along with Him. Dear friends, just imagine how the dust of this place is transcendentally glorious"
- The gopis said, "O dear friend of the distressed, kindly place Your hand on our burning breasts as well as on our heads, because we have surrendered unto You (Krsna) as Your eternal maidservants"
- The gopis said: "Dear earthly planet, how many austerities and penances you must have undergone to have the lotus feet of Krsna always touching your surface"
- The gopis then addressed the tulasi plants: "Dear tulasi, you are much beloved by Lord Krsna because your leaves are always at His lotus feet"
- The gopis then looked upon the ground they were traversing and began to address the earth: "Dear earthly planet, we do not know how many penances and austerities you have undergone to be now living with the footprints of Lord Krsna upon you"
- The inhabitants of Dvaraka were as joyful as someone receiving a dear relative back from the dead
- The jnanis, yogis and karmis are not particularly dear, for the karmis simply want to see the Supreme Personality of Godhead as their order supplier
- The other gopi continued, "Who can forget a solitary conversation with Krsna, on whose chest the goddess of fortune always remains, in spite of Krsna’s not desiring her? My dear Uddhava, Vrndavana is the land of rivers, forests and cows"
- The proud and falsely glorious Daitya paid little heed to the words of Varuna. O dear Vidura, he learned from Narada the whereabouts of the Supreme Personality of Godhead and hurriedly betook himself to the depths of the ocean
- The pure love of the gopis has become celebrated by the name ‘lust.' The dear devotees of the Lord, headed by Sri Uddhava, desire to taste that love
- The queens continued talking like that, and they addressed the mountain as follows: "Dear mountain, you are very generous. By your gravity only, the whole crust of this earth is properly maintained"
- The queens continued, "Dear black cloud, we must admit frankly that to establish an intimate relationship with Syamasundara means to purchase unnecessary anxieties while we are otherwise comfortable at home"
- The queens continued, "Dear friend, is it that you are also attracted by the lotus eyes of the Supreme Personality of Godhead and by His sweet smiling and attractive words, exactly as we are?"
- The queens continued, "Dear Himalayan breeze, please know we have already been stricken. There is no need to injure us more & more. Dear beautiful cloud, the color of your beautiful body exactly resembles the bodily hue of our dearmost Syamasundara"
- The queens continued, "We must frankly admit that your voice is imbued with nectar, and it is so invigorating that it is competent to bring back life to those who are almost dead in separation from their dearmost friend"
- The queens continued, "We think you have been attacked by insomnia, or, if we are not wrong, our dear Syamasundara has tactfully taken away your gravity and power of forbearance, which are your natural qualifications"
- The queens said, "Dear dry rivers, we know that because this is the summer season, all your beds are dry, and you have no water. Because all your water has now been dried up, you are no longer beautified by blooming lotus flowers"
- The queens said, "Dear kurari bird, now it is very late at night. Everyone is sleeping. The whole world is now calm and peaceful. At this time, the Supreme Personality of Godhead is sleeping, although His knowledge is undisturbed by any circumstances"
- The queens said, "Dear moon-god, we think you have been attacked by a severe type of tuberculosis. For this reason, you are becoming thinner and thinner day by day. O lord, you are now so weak that your thin rays cannot dissipate the darkness of night"
- The queens said, "O dear ocean, why are you roaring all day and night? Don’t you like to sleep?"
- The sages said, "Dear Lord Yadunandana, we may inform You that we brahmanas posted Romaharsana Suta on that exalted position for the duration of this great sacrifice"
- The sages said, "Dear Lord, deliverer of all fallen souls, we know for certain that You are the knower of all Vedic principles. You are the master of all mystic powers; therefore the Vedic injunctions cannot ordinarily be applied to You"
- The same queen said, "But would you kindly explain why He is so unkind to me? Formerly He said that I alone am His dearmost wife. Does He remember this assurance? Anyway, you are welcome. Please sit down"
- The soul is the production of Krsna. Therefore ultimately, He is our dearmost friend. We are trying to love somebody. That somebody is a perverted reflection of Krsna
- The thirtieth branch was Bhagavan Pandita. He was an extremely dear servant of the Lord
- The transcendentally situated person takes everyone as his dear friend who helps him in his execution of Krsna consciousness, and he does not hate his so-called enemy
- The wives of kamsa and his brothers said, "Our dear husbands, you are so kind and are the protectors of your dependents. Now, after your death, we are also dead, along with your homes and children. We no longer look auspicious"
- There are sufferings from internal diseases, separation from those near and dear, and anxieties for maintaining the status quo. These are but some important factors which make the people of this age always unhappy
- There were various types of big trees and small plants in the forest, and the gopis addressed them: "Dear banyan tree, have you seen the son of Maharaja Nanda passing this way, laughing and playing on His flute?"
- They (Krsna's friends) were very jubilant and invited Him, "Dear friend Krsna, You have come back so quickly! All right, we have not as yet begun our lunch, not even taken one morsel of food. So please come and join us, and let us eat together"
- They (opposing princes) addressed Sisupala thus, "Our dear Sisupala, don't be discouraged in this way. You belong to the royal order and are the chief amongst the fighters
- They (the counselors of Kamsa) were not very experienced or learned, they began to give instructions to Kamsa as follows, Dear sir, let us now make arrangements to kill all children who were born within the last ten days in all towns, counties & villages
- They (the cows and boys) said, "My dear Krsna! My dear Krsna! You and Balarama are very powerful. We are now burning from the heat of this blazing fire. Let us take shelter of Your lotus feet. We know You can protect us from this great danger"
- They (the cows and boys) said, "Our dear friend Krsna, we are Your intimate friends. It is not right that we should suffer in this way. We are all completely dependent on You, & You are the knower of all religious life. We do not know anyone except You"
- They (the gopis) began to follow the footprints, & shortly they saw another set of footprints beside them, and immediately they became very sorry. "Dear friends, just see! Whose are these other footprints?"
- They (the people of Kundina) prayed to the Personality of Godhead, "Our dear Lord, if we have performed any pious activities with which You are satisfied, kindly be merciful upon us and accept the hand of Rukmini"
- They began to say, "Our dear Krsna! O S. Personality of God! Our dear Balarama, reservoir of all strength! Please try to save us from this all-devouring and devastating fire. We have no shelter other than You. This devastating fire will swallow us all"
- They humbly (the sages present) submitted, “Our dear Lord, we think that Your action is not in line with the religious principles
- This contact of the living entity with the material manifestation has neither integration nor disintegration. My (Balarama's) dear chaste sister-in-law (Rukmini), the spirit soul is, of course, the cause of this material body
- To satisfy their own interests, women deal with men as if the men were most dear to them, but no one is actually dear to them
- Uddhava continued reading Krsna's message, "Krsna said, My dear gopis, to increase your superexcellent love for Me, I have purposely separated Myself from you so that you may be in constant meditation on Me"
- Uddhava continued, "My dear mother Yasoda and Nanda Maharaja, you have thus fixed your minds wholly and solely upon that Supreme Personality of Godhead, Narayana, whose transcendental form is the cause of impersonal Brahman"
- Uddhava continued, "These are the words of the Personality of Godhead, 'My dear gopis, My dear friends, please know that separation between ourselves is impossible at any time, at any place or under any circumstances, because I am all-pervading'"
- Uddhava said, "My dear gopis, I am especially deputed to carry this message to you, who are such great and gentle devotees. Krsna has specifically sent me to you because I am His most confidential servitor"
- Uddhava spoke as follows, "My dear mother Yasoda and Nanda Maharaja, you are most respectable among human beings because no one but you can meditate in such transcendental ecstasy"
- Until I return from Setubandha, all of you dear friends should remain at Jagannatha Puri
- Upananda said, "My dear friends! Now we should leave here for another place because we are continually finding that great demons are coming here to disturb the peaceful situation, and they are especially attempting to kill the small children"
- Vasudeva addressed Nanda, “My dear brother, you were old and very anxious to beget a son, and yet you had none. Now by the grace of the Lord you are fortunate to have a very nice son. I think that this incident is very auspicious for you"
- Vasudeva continued: My dear friend (Nanda), it is very difficult for us to live together. Although we have our family and relatives, sons and daughters, by nature’s way we are generally separated from one another
- Vasudeva said : "my dear friend, I was imprisoned by Kamsa, and now I am released; therefore this is another birth for me. I had no hope of seeing you again, but by God’s grace I can see you"
- Vasudeva then replied: My dear Nanda, if you have already paid the government taxes, then return soon to your place, because I think that there may be some disturbances in Gokula
- Vidura said: O great sage (Maitreya), what did Svayambhuva, the dear son of Brahma, do after obtaining his very loving wife?
- Vyasadeva taught the Rg Veda, to Paila. To the sage Vaisampayana he spoke the collection of Yajur mantras. He taught the Sama Veda mantras, designated as the Chandoga-samhita, to Jaimini, and he spoke the Atharva Veda to his dear disciple Sumantu
- When Krsna returned from the forest of Vrndavana, Mother Yasoda was so emotional from seeing her son that milk began to flow from her breasts. This is an instance of emotion caused by seeing a dear object
- When Yasoda saw that her dear baby Krsna was playing on the chest of the dead demoniac woman, mother Yasoda, at a loss what to do, began to walk this way and that. This is an instance of being emotional on account of seeing something ghastly