Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
creeper | creeperlike | creepers
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Creeper"
The following 89 pages are in this category, out of 89 total.
- According to one’s fruitive activities, one has to act differently and thereby be separated. For example, many plants and creepers are floating on the waves of the ocean. Sometimes they come together, and sometimes they separate forever
- After one's enjoyment due to pious activities is finished, one must return to this planet in rainfall and first take birth as a plant or creeper, which is eaten by various animals, including human beings, and turned to semen
- All drugs, creepers and vegetables are the hairs on your (the Lord) body, the Vedic mantras like Gayatri are the seven layers of your body, and the Vedic religious system is the core of your heart
- All these (diplomatic behavior, animal-killing, mundane profiteering, mundane adoration and mundane importance) are unwanted creepers
- As a creeper takes shelter of another, stronger tree, similarly the creeper of devotional service, nourished by the devotee, takes shelter of the lotus feet of the Lord and thus becomes fixed
- As one waters the bhakti-lata-bija, the seed sprouts, and the creeper gradually grows to the point where it penetrates the walls of this universe and goes beyond the Viraja River, lying between the spiritual world and the material world
- As soon as an intelligent devotee sees an unwanted creeper growing beside the original creeper, he must cut it down instantly. Then the real creeper, the bhakti-lata, grows nicely, returns home, back to Godhead, & seeks shelter under Krsna's lotus feet
- Being situated in one's heart and being watered by sravana-kirtana, the bhakti creeper grows more and more
- By nature, Srimati Radharani is just like a creeper of love of Godhead, and the gopis are the twigs, flowers and leaves of that creeper
- By systematic nurturing, the creeper will grow to such an extent that it will penetrate the coverings of the universe, as we have heard in the previous verses, reach the effulgent sky
- By the mercy of both Krsna and the spiritual master, such a person receives the seed of the creeper of devotional service
- By the nectar of His personal glance, the cloud known as Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu poured water upon the garden of Gauda-desa and revived the people, who were like creepers and plants burning in the forest fire of material existence
- If one chants the Hare Krsna mantra while committing offenses, these unwanted creepers will grow
- If one does not distinguish between the bhakti creeper and the other creepers, the sprinkling of water is misused because the other creepers are nourished while the bhakti creeper is curtailed
- If the devotee commits an offense at the feet of a Vaisnava while cultivating the creeper of devotional service in the material world, his offense is compared to a mad elephant that uproots the creeper and breaks it
- In the Caitanya-caritamrta devotional service to the Lord is also compared to a creeper which rises up to the lotus feet of Krsna in Goloka Vrndavana
- In the course of traversing the universal creation of Brahma, some fortunate soul may receive the seed of bhakti-lata, the creeper of devotional service. This is all by the grace of guru and Krsna
- In this way it attains the shelter of the desire tree of the lotus feet of Krsna, who is eternally situated in the planet known as Goloka Vrndavana, in the topmost region of the spiritual sky
- It appears that when different kinds of drugs, creepers, grass and vegetables are put into this milk and the milk is churned, as milk is churned for butter, the active principles of the vegetables and drugs mix with the milk, and the result is nectar
- It so happens that by the watering process some weeds are also grown, and unless such weeds are uprooted, the nurturing of the main creeper, or the creeper of bhakti-yoga, may be hampered
- Krsna came before the creepers, plants and trees of Vrndavana, which were laden with flowers and fruits, because He was the Soul of their soul they all bent down in the ecstasy of love for Him and became thorny
- Krsna said, "It is quite natural for these Vrndavana inhabitants to thus receive a great personality like You (Balarama). The herbs, creepers and plants are also so fortunate to touch Your lotus feet"
- Let us begin tracing the evolutionary process from the point of devastation (pralaya), when the whole universe is filled with water. At that time there are many fishes and other aquatics, and from these aquatics evolve creepers, trees, etc
- Lord Visnu said: O demigods, cast into the ocean of milk all kinds of vegetables, grass, creepers and drugs. Then, with My help, making Mandara Mountain the churning rod and Vasuki the rope for churning, churn the ocean of milk with undiverted attention
- Many plants and creepers that were almost dead during the months of April and May are now visible again in various forms, for they are nourished by their roots in the moist earth
- May the SPG in the form of Lord Sri Caitanya bestow His causeless mercy upon us. His smiling glance at once drives away all the bereavements of the world, and His very words enliven the auspicious creepers of devotion by expanding their leaves
- My dear friend, see how this forest of Vrndavana is full of transcendental creepers and trees
- Observing the unalloyed devotion and love of the gopis for Krsna, Uddhava desired to become a creeper, a blade of grass or an herb in Vrndavana so that sometimes the gopis would trample him and he would receive the dust of their lotus feet on his head
- One should be very careful to avoid all these unwanted things. Sometimes these unwanted creepers look exactly like the bhakti creeper
- One should be very careful to defend the (bhakti) creeper by fencing it in - that is, by following the regulative principles and associating with pure devotees
- Others are attracted by eating vegetables, creepers, spinach or milk products, but all for the satisfaction of the tongue's demands
- She (Radharani) immediately left the scene and took shelter in a nice flower bush where the black drones were humming. Then, hiding Herself behind the creepers, She began to express Her sorrow to one of Her consorts
- Some of the gopis then addressed their gopi friends: "Dear friends, why don’t you question these creepers, who are so jubilantly embracing the big trees as if the trees were their husbands?"
- Some unnecessary creepers growing with the bhakti creeper are the creepers of behavior unacceptable for those trying to attain perfection, diplomatic behavior, animal-killing, mundane profiteering, mundane adoration and mundane importance
- Sometimes it is seen that cranes and ducks meander continually on the banks of the lakes and rivers, although the banks are filled with muddy garbage and thorny creepers
- Sometimes unwanted creepers, such as the creepers of desires for material enjoyment and liberation from the material world, grow along with the creeper of devotional service. The varieties of such unwanted creepers are unlimited
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu began to embrace each and every tree and creeper, and they began to offer their fruits and flowers as if in meditation
- The creeper (in the forest of material existence) itself is women in general
- The creeper (of bhakti) is so strong that it penetrates the covering of the universe and reaches the spiritual world and continues to grow on and on until it reaches and takes shelter of the lotus feet of Krsna
- The creeper greatly expands in the Goloka Vrndavana planet, and there it produces the fruit of love for Krsna. Although remaining in the material world, the gardener regularly sprinkles the creeper with the water of hearing and chanting
- The creeper of devotional service gradually grows so high that it passes through the entire material universe and enters into the spiritual sky, growing still higher and higher until it reaches the planet Goloka Vrndavana
- The creeper of devotional service nourished by the devotee takes shelter of the lotus feet of the Lord and thus becomes fixed
- The creeper takes shelter at the lotus feet of the Lord, and that is its final destination. At that time the creeper begins to grow the fruits of ecstatic love of God. It is the duty of the devotee who nourishes the creeper to be very careful
- The gardener must defend the creeper by fencing it all around so that the powerful elephant of offenses may not enter
- The gopis began to chant the holy name of Krsna and, being overwhelmed with madness, began to inquire about Krsna from the flowers and the creepers in the forest. Krsna is like the sky; He is situated everywhere
- The gopis said to their gopi friends, "It appears that the flowers of the creepers must have been touched by the nails of Krsna. Otherwise, how could they feel so jubilant?"
- The gopis saw the plants, creepers and trees loaded with fruits and flowers and ready to serve Krsna. In this way they immediately remembered their worshipable Lord Sri Krsna. They did not simply see plants, creepers and trees the way a mundaner sees them
- The jackals and tigers in the forest (the forest of material existence) are our family members, and the herbs and creepers are our material desires
- The laughing sounds, coming one after another, are compared to flowers falling from the creeper of devotion which grows within the heart of the devotee
- The leader of the elephants who lived in the forest of the mountain Trikuta once wandered toward the lake with his female elephants. He broke many plants, creepers, thickets and trees, not caring for their piercing thorns
- The little taste experienced in sex is our desire to enjoy another's wife, and the flies are the guardians of women, like the husband, father-in-law, mother-in-law and so forth. The creeper itself is women in general
- The plants, creepers and trees were full of fruits and flowers due to ecstatic love of Krsna. Indeed, being so full, they were bowing down. They were inspired by such deep love for Krsna that they were constantly pouring showers of honey
- The primary practice of bhakti-yoga will cause the seed already sowed in heart to sprout, and by a regular watering process, as mentioned above, the bhakti-yoga creeper will begin to grow
- The seed of devotional service sown in the heart of the devotee may be cultured by pouring water in the form of hearing and chanting of the holy name and pastimes of the Lord. The creeper of devotional service, so nourished, gradually grows
- The seed of the tree is sown by the cultivator, and the tree or creeper in due course becomes manifested with so many fruits. Nothing can take place without a cause. The Karana Ocean is therefore called the Causal Ocean. Karana means "causal"
- The seventh creation is that of the immovable entities, which are of six kinds: the fruit trees without flowers, trees and plants which exist until the fruit is ripe, creepers, pipe plants, creepers which have no support, and trees with flowers and fruits
- The tree branches and creepers, overloaded with fruits and flowers, fell down at the lotus feet of the Lord and greeted Him with various presentations as if they were friends
- The working devotee must always be mindful so that the (bhakti) creeper which has so grown will not be cut off. Therefore he should be mindful of the following considerations...
- There were multifarious trees and creepers in the garden, and they were all jubilant to see Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. Indeed, the birds were chirping, the bees were buzzing, and a cool breeze was blowing
- These numberless plants and creepers resemble persons who dry up in severe penances for some material gain but then achieve their objectives and become luxuriously fat, nourished by sense enjoyment
- This land of Vrndavana (Vrajabhumi) is glorified today because Your (Balarama) lotus feet have touched her earth and grass, Your fingernails have touched her trees and creepers, and Your merciful eyes have glanced upon her rivers, hills, birds and beasts
- Uddhava continued, "I wish to take birth as one of the plants or creepers in Vrndavana, who are so fortunate that the gopis trample them"
- Uddhava desired to become a creeper, a blade of grass or an herb in Vrndavana so that sometimes the gopis would trample him and he would receive the dust of their lotus feet on his head
- Unwanted creepers described by Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura
- Upon seeing Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, the trees and creepers of Vrndavana became jubilant. Their twigs stood up, and they began to shed tears of ecstasy in the form of honey
- When Krsna came before the creepers, plants and trees of Vrndavana, which were laden with flowers and fruits, because He was the Soul of their soul they all bent down in the ecstasy of love for Him and became thorny
- When Krsna saw Radharani standing just behind a bush of many creepers, immediately His beautiful eyebrows moved just like lightning toward Her
- When the creeper is fixed, then the fruit of the creeper comes into existence, and the gardener who nourished it is able to enjoy this fruit of love, and his life becomes successful
- When the fruit of devotional service becomes ripe and falls down, the gardener tastes the fruit and thus takes advantage of the creeper and reaches the desire tree of the lotus feet of Krsna in Goloka Vrndavana
- When the gopis were searching after Krsna & all of a sudden He came out from the bushes & creepers, all of them became stunned & almost senseless. In this state the gopis appeared very beautiful. This is an example of pralaya, or devastation in happiness
- When the Lord loudly chanted "Haribol!" the trees and creepers became jubilant to hear Him
- When the nectar of Krsna's pastimes is sprinkled on that creeper, the happiness derived by the twigs, flowers and leaves is ten million times greater than that derived by the creeper itself
- When they came out into the midst of the forest, they saw that while Krsna was walking some of the leaves and creepers of Vrndavana had turned reddish from the kunkuma powder which fell from His lotus feet
- While the bhakti creeper is growing, the devotee must protect it by fencing it all around. The neophyte devotee must be protected by being surrounded by pure devotees