Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
cowherd | cowherding | cowherds | cowherd's
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.
Pages in category "Cowherd"
The following 27 pages are in this category, out of 27 total.
- Because their (members of the Yadu dynasty and the cowherds of Vrndavana) minds were always engaged in Krsna, they were automatically freed from all material activities
- Brahma said, "Your (Krsna's) appearance as a cowherd child is for the benefit of the devotees, & although I have committed an offense at Your lotus feet by stealing away Your boys & calves, I can understand that You have bestowed Your mercy upon me"
- SB 10.16.13, there is the following description. When Krsna was chastising the Kaliyanaga in the Yamuna, the big snake wrapped his coils all over Krsna's body, and upon seeing Krsna in this situation, all His dear cowherd friends became greatly disturbed
- So far Lord Brahma paint him just like you have painted already in the poster where he is flying on the swan for stealing Krishna's cowherds friends and cows
- Somewhere He (Krsna) was picking quarrels with the young girls, somewhere He was scratching them with the nails of parrots, somewhere He was busy going to visit the gopis & somewhere He was negotiating through cowherd friends to take shelter of the gopis
- Spiritual variegatedness is displayed by the Lord when He descends at Vrndavana, and we may know that the Lord descends with His personal staff of cows, cowherd boys, and cowherd maidens
- Sri Srila Gopinatha, who originated the transcendental mellow of the rasa dance, stands on the shore at Vamsivata and attracts the attention of the cowherd damsels with the sound of His celebrated flute. May they all confer upon us their benediction
- The author of Sri Caitanya-bhagavata, Srila Vrndavana dasa Thakura, the son of Srivasa Thakura's niece Narayani, was a combined incarnation of Vedavyasa and the cowherd boy Kusumapida
- The family members of the Yadu dynasty and the cowherds of Vrndavana had their minds fixed on Krsna. That is the symptom of perfect knowledge
- The innocent cowherd women thought that she (Putana) was the goddess of fortune appearing in Vrndavana with a lotus flower in her hand. It seemed to them that she had personally come to see Krsna, who is her husband
- The rest of the clothes were offered to the cowherd boys, who also used them as they desired. What they did not use remained there. Krsna, Balarama and the boys then proceeded along the main road
- The sixteen thousand cowherd damsels are a display of sixteen varieties of internal potencies of the Lord
- Their (the cowherd women's) ears were decorated with pearl rings, their necks were decorated with jeweled lockets, their lips and eyes were decorated with different kinds of lipstick and ointment, and their hands were decorated with nice golden bangles
- They (the inhabitants of Vrndavana) were not even interested in enjoying a life of opulence, but were satisfied in living a simple life in the village as cowherds
- This book incarnation of the Lord (the Srimad-Bhagavatam) gives much fascinating information of the transcendental pastimes of the Lord, like His rasa-lila with the spiritual cowherd damsels of Vrajabhumi
- When mother Yasoda was so piteously crying, all the cowherd women immediately came and began to look for the baby (Krsna), but they were disappointed and could not find Him
- When the cowherd men saw the pastimes of the cowherd women, they became very joyful, and in response they also began to throw yogurt, milk, clarified butter and water upon the bodies of the gopis. Then both parties began to throw butter on each other
- When the milkman saw that Raghunatha dasa was fasting, he gave him some milk. Raghunatha dasa drank the milk and lay down to rest there for the night
- While they (the cowherd women) were blessing child Krsna in this way, they offered a mixture of turmeric powder, oil, yogurt, milk and water. They sprinkled this mixture not only on the body of child Krsna but on all other persons who were present there
- Within the house of Nanda Maharaja, the cowherd ladies would enjoy seeing the pastimes of the babies Rama and Krsna. The babies would catch the ends of the calves' tails, and the calves would drag Them here and there