Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
controller | controllers | controller's
VedaBase query: controller* not "supreme controller*
This category has the following 10 subcategories, out of 10 total.
Pages in category "Controller"
The following 173 pages are in this category, out of 173 total.
- A devotee can control the Supreme Controller. Why they shall become one with God? They'll be God's father, God's controller. This is bhakti-marga
- A devotee, when he understands thoroughly that "Here is one Supreme Person, who is the leader, who is the controller, who is the maintainer of everything," then he surrenders unto Him and becomes His devotee
- According to the Bhagavad-gita any controller who has some specific extraordinary power is called a vibhutimat sattva, or controller empowered by the Lord
- All of us, more or less, we are isvara, controller. Everyone. Just like this mother, she is controlling the small child. So she is also isvara, means she is controlling
- Although Maha-Visnu, Padmanabha and Ksirodakasayi Visnu are all shelters and controllers of the entire universe, They are nonetheless but plenary portions or portions of the plenary portions of Krsna. Therefore He is the original Personality of Godhead
- Although one in quality with the Supreme Lord, the individual soul is under the control of maya. Mayavadi philosophers cannot distinguish between the controller and the controlled
- Animate or inanimate - these two things we see in our experience. But above this animate and inanimate there is supreme animate. So there are many isvaras, or controllers, but the supreme controller is Krsna
- Are you God at the time of death? God means controller. Can you control your death? Then how you are God?
- As the appointed controller after death, Yamaraja once tried Mandavya Muni for his childhood profligacy and ordered him to be pierced with a lance. Mandavya, being angry at Yamaraja for awarding him undue punishment, cursed him to become a sudra
- Because of His all-pervasiveness, He (The Supreme Lord) is able to enter not only into the hearts of the living entities, but even into the atoms also. As the Supersoul, He is the controller of all activities of the living entities
- Being thus deputed, the great sage Bhrgu Muni first of all went to his father’s residence in Brahmaloka. The three deities are the controllers of the three material qualities, namely the qualities of goodness, passion and ignorance
- Bhagavan means the Almighty God who is the controller of all opulences, power, fame, beauty, knowledge and renunciation. He is the protector of His pure devotees
- Brahma and Siva are bhutas, or powerful created demigods who manage universal affairs, much like ministers appointed by a king. The ministers may be isvaras, or controllers, but the Supreme Lord is mahesvara, or the creator of the controllers
- Brahma creates the whole of human society, animal society - everything. Ksirodakasayi Visnu lies on the milk ocean within the universe, of which He is the controller and maintainer
- Brahma creates the whole of human society, animal society - everything. Ksirodakasayi Visnu lies on the milk ocean within the universe, of which He is the controller and maintainer. Thus Brahma is the creator
- Brahma said, "O my Lord, O all-pervading Supreme Personality of Godhead, O Supersoul, controller of all mystic powers, no one can appreciate Your transcendental pastimes as they are exhibited within these three worlds"
- Brahma said, "We may be proud of being controllers of the senses, but here the residents of Vrndavana are so transcendental that they are not under our control. Actually they are enjoying their senses through service to You"
- Brahman is the small Brahman, and Parabrahman means the Supreme Brahman, or the biggest Brahman. So Krsna is the biggest Brahman, biggest Lord, biggest controller. We may be a small Brahman, a small controller
- By the agitation of the three gunas, the physical elements are created, as well as the mind, ego and the controllers of the senses
- Either in his conditional material existence or in his liberated position of full knowledge and eternity, the living entity is eternally under the control of the Supreme Lord
- Either you agree to be controlled by Krsna or you agree to be controlled by maya, but you cannot become controller
- Eternal time is never lost along with the life of Brahma. It continues, but it has no ability to control the Supreme Personality of Godhead because the Lord is the controller of time
- Every institution there is a controller
- Every one of us is little, a small controller. Somebody controls in his office. Somebody controls in his family life. Somebody controls a few factories. There are controllers. But nobody can say that "I am the supreme controller." That is not possible
- Everyone can be an isvara. So we are also controller of something. A business man is controller of his business; I am controller of my disciples. There are so many controllers. So in that sense, everyone is isvara, in the sense of controller
- Everyone may be accepted as an isvara, or controller, but still such controllers are controlled by others. For example, one may have undergone severe austerities but still be under the control of anger
- He (Caitanya Mahaprabhu) is a fully independent controller, yet in His position as a devotee, He carries out the activities of a devotee
- He (Lord Krsna) is transcendental to all kinds of material leaders and controllers and is worshipable by all. There is no one greater than Him, and He is the supreme cause of all causes
- He (the Supreme Personality of Godhead) is the protector of religious systems, the personification of mystic yoga, the source of all knowledge, the controller of the entire creation, and the Supersoul in every living entity
- He (the Supreme Personality of Godhead) possesses the potency for unfailing knowledge and supreme willpower, and He is the controller of the living entities and the illusory energy
- Here the living entity is described as isvara, the controller of his own body. If he likes, he can change his body to a higher grade, and if he likes he can move to a lower class
- I am controller of my disciples within the Krsna conscious society, but I cannot control the whole world
- I am not absolute controller. The absolute controller means who is not controlled by anyone else. He (God) is never controlled by maya
- I may control my disciples, but I am controlled by somebody else, by my spiritual master. So nobody can say that "I am the absolute controller"
- If one engages in devotional service from the beginning of life, he easily attains vairagya-vidya, or asakti, detachment, and becomes jitendriya, the controller of his senses
- If one hears an irresponsible person blaspheme the master and controller of religion, one should block his ears and go away if unable to punish him. But if one is able to kill, then one should by force cut out the blasphemer's tongue and kill the offender
- In one sense everyone is God. God means the controller. So everyone is to some extent a controller
- In the Brhad-aranyaka Upanisad, Yajnavalkya says to Gargi, the daughter of Garga Muni: "Even the sun, the moon and other controllers and demigods like Lord Brahma and King Indra are all under His (the Supreme Personality of Godhead's) control"
- In the ordinary management of affairs in the material world, we find some official or director, and above him there is a secretary, and above him a minister, and above him a president. Each of them is a controller, but one is controlled by another
- In this way, controller, controller, bigger controller, bigger controller, you go to the Brahma, the controller of the universe. But he is also not Supreme Controller
- Intelligence is described in the feminine gender, but owing to her prominence in all activities, she is described in this verse as adhisah, the controller
- Is it not astounding that one dares to call the Supreme Lord nonenergetic? The Lord is the controller of all energies, and the living entities are parts and parcels of one of the energies
- Isvara means controller or the powerful man who controls. Take for example the president or the king. So there are many isvaras, or controllers. You are also isvara; I am also isvara
- Isvara means controller, powerful. Even the demigods, they are also isvaras. You are also isvara. I am also isvara. Isvara means controller. Anyone who has got little control, he can be called isvara. That is the dictionary meaning
- Isvara means controller. Every one of us, we are controller, either I control over my family or in my office or in my country. In this way everyone is a controller
- Isvara means controller. God means controller. So He is controlling you. It is material but it is not under your control. You are under its control. So if anything is controlling you, that is God
- Isvara means controller. So anyone controls, he can be called isvara. But there are isvaras over isvaras. You go on searching, isvara over isvara over isvara. When you come to the point there is no more other isvara, then He's God. That is definition
- Isvara means controller. So every one of us is controller to some extent. Somebody is controlling his family, controlling his office, business, controlling his disciples
- Isvara means controller. So here in the material world we find that I am controller; I am controlled by somebody else. Then that controller is controlled by somebody else. So controller over controller over controller over...
- Isvara means controller. That nature is not controlling. The real controller is Krsna
- Isvara means controller. We are controlled by maya, but Krsna is the controller of maya. That is the difference. We are not controller; we are controlled
- Isvara means controller. We are controller, everyone. Nobody can say that "I am without controller." No, that is not possible. Everyone has got a controller
- Isvara means ruler or controller. So all of us more or less a little controller or ruler, but not the absolute ruler. The absolute ruler is Krsna
- Isvara, the Supreme Lord, Krsna. Isvara means the Supreme, isvara means controller. But the supreme controller is Krsna
- It is also explained that the Paramatma, or the Supreme Personality of Godhead, is living in everyone's heart as isvara, as the controller and He is giving direction
- It is because of the interaction of these three material modes of nature that the five knowledge-gathering senses, the five working senses and their controller, the mind, are manifested
- Just as fire distributes energy in the form of heat and light, the Lord displays His energy in different ways. He thus remains the ultimate controller, sustainer and dictator of everything
- Just like this controller or director of this rain department is Indra. This thundering, it is under his direction this thundering is going on. He throws the thunderbolts and cracks the mountain, and then we get chunks
- Knowledge means to know matter and spirit and the controller of both
- Krsna explicitly says here that real knowledge is to know that the Supersoul is the controller of both the field of activities and the finite enjoyer
- Krsna is the isvara, controller of the whole creation. So if He gives you something to do for His satisfaction, you do that. It does not matter whether you are doing the same thing
- Krsna, being the controller of both the prakrtis (para prakrti and apara prakrti), is thus the master of pradhana and purusa
- Let me (Laksmidevi) offer my respectful obeisances unto the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Lord Hrsikesa (Lord Kamadeva), the controller of all my senses and the origin of everything
- Like you are controller in your family, but you are controlled in the office. Similarly, everyone is dualistic. He's controller and controlled. But if you find somebody that He's only controller, not controlled, that is God
- Lord Brahma also advised them (the demigods) that Lord Siva is so powerful that by his anger all the planets and their chief controllers can be destroyed immediately
- Lord Brahma and Lord Siva are isvaras, great controllers, but Lord Visnu is paramesvara, the supreme controller
- Lord Brahma was very angry at his son’s impudence, & he showed signs which definitely proved this to be so. He was even prepared to condemn Bhrgu by cursing him, but because Bhrgu was his son, Lord Brahma controlled his anger with his great intelligence
- Lord Siva is so powerful that by his anger all the planets and their chief controllers can be destroyed immediately
- Lord Sri Krsna is the original Narayana and the controller of the Narayana-jvara weapon. When the Narayana-jvara was released, there was a great fight between the two jvaras
- Lord Sri Krsna, who is our (Uddhava's) master and worshipable Deity, the controller of Lord Siva and Lord Brahma, and the controller of the whole universe as well, accepts the controlling orders of Ugrasena, His grandfather
- Maha isvara. Maha means great. Isvara means controller. So we can controller a few men, but Mahesvara means He controls all living entities
- Maharaja Nanda replied, "Because rainfall is due to the mercy of King Indra and the clouds are his representatives, and because water is so important for our living, we must show some gratitude to the controller of this rainfall, Maharaja Indra"
- Modern scientists try to avoid death by physiochemical advancement of knowledge, but alas, the controller of death, Yamaraja, is so cruel that he does not spare even the very life of the scientist himself
- Mucukunda continued, "That is the beginning of liberation from the entanglement of material life. My dear Lord, only by the association of pure devotees is one able to approach Your Lordship, the controller of both the material and spiritual existences"
- My dear sons, the Lord is the controller of the three modes of nature and is responsible for the creation, preservation and dissolution of the universe. His wonderful creative power, yogamaya, cannot be easily understood even by the masters of yoga
- O descendant of King Bharata, one who desires to be free from all miseries must hear about, glorify and also remember the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is the Supersoul, the controller and the savior from all miseries
- O Supreme Lord, You (Lord Caitanya) are the Supreme Mahesvara, the worshipable Deity of all the demigods and the Supreme Lord of all lords. You are the controller of all controllers, the Personality of Godhead, the Lord of everything worshipable
- On the other hand, the devotees of Lord Visnu, who is the controller of the goddess of fortune, do not appear very prosperous, and sometimes they are even found living without any material opulence at all
- One should meditate upon the Supreme Person as the one who knows everything, Who is the oldest, Who is the controller, Who is smaller than the smallest, Maintainer of everything, and Who is beyond all material conception
- One should not be disturbed by the tricks of eternal time. Even the great controller of the universe, Brahmaji, is also under the control of that time
- Only human beings have consciousness of right and wrong, and among them only those who perform sinful activities come under the control of Yamaraja. Therefore although Yamaraja is a controller, he is only a departmental controller
- Our message is that here in this material world, there are many controllers, many governors, many isvaras, but nobody is the supreme isvara. Supreme isvara means He has no controller over Him
- Out of three transcendental propensities of the Supreme Lord, iccha-sakti, jnana-sakti and kriya-sakti, the kriya-sakti, that is represented by, or the controller of the kriya-sakti is, Sankarsana, Balarama
- Rukmini continued, "How can I be a fit match for You? There is no possibility of comparison with You, who are the master of all greatness, the controller of the three qualities and the object of worship for great demigods like Brahma and Lord Siva"
- Rukmini continued, "I do not think that the so-called royal families are kings of the material world. The kings of the material world are the three modes of material nature, who are actually its controllers"
- Rukmini continued, "You (Krsna) are never under the control of the senses; rather, You are the controller of the senses, Hrsikesa. My dear Lord, You have said that You are bereft of all royal power, and that is also correct"
- So far, up to date, actually I am the only superior controller, but as the boys are getting experienced I shall very soon transfer the administration to them, simply keeping myself as an overseer guide
- So how we can think that there is no control, there is no government, everything has come out of its own course? There is controller, and He is called Isvara. Isvara means God. There is management of God. It is very commonsense understanding
- So this Krsna consciousness movement means we are trying link up our connection with the supreme controller. We do not wish to become the controller. We want to be controlled - but by the supreme controller, not by others
- So we small living entities, very minute, still, we are controller. We control. At least, we control our family members, my wife, my children. Or if I am bigger, I control my office, or I control my factory, I control the country, I become president
- Sukadeva Gosvami has very clearly said that the isvara, or supreme controller, may sometimes violate His own instructions, but this is possible only for the controller Himself, not for the followers
- Sukadeva Gosvami warned that the conditioned followers, who are not actually in control, should never even imagine imitating the uncommon activities of the controller (Krsna)
- That is the difference between animal and man. A child can control so many calfs. Krsna was doing that. One stick in the hand of a child, he can control fifty cows. The child is controller of many cows; a man is controller of many children
- The controller is the spiritual energy. Therefore it is called param, superior energy. This is also energy, but this so-called scientist, they are making material energy and spiritual energy the same. They have no brain to distinguish
- The daughters of Prajapati (Samvatsara) are considered the controlling deities of the nights, and his sons are considered the controllers of the days
- The gosvami title is not hereditary. The word gosvami refers to one who can control his senses, who is master of the senses. A devotee is not controlled by the senses, but is the controller of the senses
- The Krsna consciousness movement propagated by Lord Caitanya is especially meant for those who are cognizant of the presence of the Supreme Godhead, the ultimate controller of everything
- The living entity is described as isvara, the controller of his own body. If he likes, he can change his body to a higher grade, and if he likes he can move to a lower class. Minute independence is there
- The Lord is addressed as isvara, the controller of maya. He is not controlled by maya
- The Lord is the controller and benefactor of all living beings. That is the verdict of all Vedas
- The Lord is the controller and benefactor of all living beings. That is the verdict of all Vedas. He is the supreme eternity and living entity amongst all the eternal living beings
- The Lord is the controller of all energies, and the living entities are parts and parcels of one of the energies. Therefore there is a gulf of difference between the Lord and the living entities
- The Lord says in the Bhagavad-gita, "The asuras' view of this cosmic manifestation is that the whole creation is false. The asuras think that the mere interaction of matter is the source of the creation and that there is no controller or God"
- The Lord, the all-compassionate controller of both the spiritual and material creations, is unborn, but when there is friction between His peaceful devotees and persons who are in the material modes of nature, He takes birth just like fire
- The manifested personalities are mundane controllers of the material affairs, whereas the nonmanifested Personality of Godhead is transcendental, beyond the range of the material atmosphere
- The material world is an impediment for the ordinary living entities because they are under its control, but Krsna, being the controller of the material world, has nothing to do with the impediments it offers
- The mind is the controller of the five knowledge-acquiring senses and the five working senses. Each sense has its particular field of activity. In all cases, the mind is the controller or owner
- The ministers may be isvaras, or controllers, but the Supreme Lord is mahesvara, or the creator of the controllers
- The Nagapatnis said, "As the controller of the entire time force, You (Krsna) simply glance over the material energy, thereby creating this universe and energizing the different modes of material nature, which act differently in different creatures"
- The original cause of everything is neither void nor impersonal but is the Supreme Person. Demons may say that this material creation is anisvara, without a controller or God, but such arguments ultimately cannot stand
- The personified Vedas continued to pray, "Because You are the ultimate controller of creation, maintenance and dissolution. You are the controller of the three worlds, Bhuh, Bhuvah and Svah; You are the controller of the fourteen upper and lower worlds"
- The personified Vedas continued, "Both the Lord and the living entities are called nitya, eternal, and so are qualitatively one, yet the singular nitya, or the Supreme Lord, is the controller, whereas the plural nityas are controlled"
- The personified vedas continued, "This relationship of the living entities with the Supreme Lord as the controlled & the controller definitely proves that although the Supersoul is all-pervasive, the individual living entities are never all-pervasive"
- The personified Vedas praying, "You (Visnu) are the controller of the three material qualities. Demigods and persons advanced in spiritual knowledge always hear and chant about Your transcendental pastimes"
- The relationship between material nature and spiritual nature is eternally going on, and this combination is effected by the Supreme Lord; therefore He is the controller of both the superior and inferior natures
- The Sanskrit word isvara (controller) conveys the import of God, but the Supreme Person is called the paramesvara, or the supreme isvara
- The sastra says that controller or ruler is the same, and the Sanskrit synonym is isvara. Isvara means controller or ruler. So there are different kinds of controllers according to time, sphere
- The status of powerful controllers is not harmed by any apparently audacious transgression of morality we may see in them
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead is always transcendental to the material qualities (sattva-guna, rajo-guna and tamo-guna), but nonetheless He is their controller
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead is the controller of immortality and fearlessness, and He is transcendental to death and the fruitive actions of the material world
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead is the ideal self-controller or brahmacari
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead, the controller of both the transcendental and mundane worlds, has graciously overtaken me (King Pariksit) in the form of a brahmana's curse
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead, the controller of the material and spiritual energies, who is certainly the creator of the entire cosmos, creates the time factor to allow the material energy and the living entity to act within the limits of time
- The Supreme Truth is uncontaminated by the illusory energy because He is the controller of that energy. The relative truths are apt to be engrossed in illusory energy
- The theory that Krsna becomes covered, that is nonsense. How Krsna can be covered? Krsna cannot be covered. He is the controller of the maya
- The time limitation even of the sun is of no concern, and so what to speak of the Supreme Lord who is the creator and controller of the sun
- The word isvara means controller. So everyone is controller. All of you are present here, to some extent, every one of us is a controller to a limited extent
- There are many controllers undoubtedly, both in the material and spiritual world, but Krsna is the supreme controller
- There are some men who claim to become Isvara, to become God. If somebody says, "I am God," or "I am controller," we have no objection. But if somebody says that "I am supreme God," or "supreme controller," then we have got objection
- There are three kinds of women: kamini, svairini, and pumscali. Pumscali. Svairini means free, freedom. Nobody is controller. That is called svairini. And kamini means to attract, very much attract
- There are two kinds of controllers, or lords: one who is independent is called controller, and one whose orders cannot be neglected by anyone is called controller
- There are two kinds of ruler or controller. One is the government, and the other is the teacher. Or guru means spiritual master. Spiritual master can control. The disciples obey the order of the spiritual master out of love
- There is no profit in denying the supremacy of the Lord, who is the controller of all energies, but one should be constitutionally situated in one's own glory, namely to be situated in the pure consciousness of being the eternal servitor of the Lord
- There is superior controller, who does not allow to do this. You have to abide by the laws. This is common sense reasoning. If you are being controlled, how you become God? God means the supreme controller
- These (pradhana and purusa) may also be described as para prakrti and apara prakrti, as stated in Bhagavad-gita. Krsna, being the controller of both the prakrtis, is thus the master of pradhana and purusa
- They are taking nature as the Supreme. But those who are actually in awareness of God, they know that God is the controller of nature also
- This (the supreme controller, may sometimes violate His own instructions) is possible only for the controller Himself, not for the followers. Unusual and uncommon activities by the controller can never be imitated
- This is simple definition of God. You will find everyone relatively controller and controlled. But go on searching out where is that person that He is controller but not controlled. That is isvarah. That is isvarah paramah, the supreme isvara
- Vasudeva said, "Both of You (Krsna and Balarama) are transcendental to this material manifestation and to its cause, the Supreme Person, Maha-Visnu. You are the original controller of all"
- Vasudeva said, "The senses, the controllers of the senses (the demigods) and the acquisition of knowledge, which is the purpose of the senses, as well as the subject matter of knowledge - all are You (Krsna and Balarama)"
- We are not the controllers of nature, rather we are controlled by nature
- When one is purified by intelligence, he keeps himself in the mode of goodness. Thus one becomes the controller of the mind and is always in trance
- When we see wonderful things happening in the cosmic nature, we should know that behind this cosmic manifestation there is a controller. Nothing could be manifested without being controlled
- Yamaraja, the great controller of life after death, decides the living entities' destinies in their next lives
- Yasoda saw in Krsna's mouth the total ego and its products, namely the senses, the controllers of the senses, all the demigods and the objects of the senses like sound and smell. Within His mouth she also saw the three qualities of material nature
- You have to be trained up how to become first-class brain. That is brahmana. You have to become truthful, you have to become controller of the senses, you have to become fully aware of things, of God, everything, full knowledge, then you become brain