Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
comment | commentated | commentating | commentation | commentations | commented | commenting | comments
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Commentation"
The following 42 pages are in this category, out of 42 total.
- Because Bhagavad-gita is wrongly preached all over the world by nonsense commentation, we want to rectify it. Therefore our society is specially named "Krishna conscious"
- Bhagavad-gita is as clear as the sunlight. As you do not require to see the sun with another lamp, similarly, you do not require to study Bhagavad-gita with another commentation of a common man who has no knowledge
- Bhagavad-gita is not a new thing, a new adventure. And the person who spoke Bhagavad-gita to the sun-god, does it mean that He left something to be commented by some, these mundane men to understand the meaning of the Bhagavad-gita?
- Both stool and a cowardly son come from the abdomen of the mother, and Vrtrasura said that there is no difference between them. A similar comparison was given by Tulasi dasa, who commented that a son and urine both come from the same channel
- Evam parampara-praptam imam rajarsayo viduh. This is the acarya. Acarya will never interpret things like that. You see Ramanujacarya's comments on Bhagavad-gita. Nothing changed. But in every sloka he has given evidence from the Vedas, from the Upanisads
- Even big scholars cannot understand Krsna, yet they dare comment on the Bhagavad-gita. Reading the Bhagavad-gita means understanding Krsna, yet we actually see many scholars making blunders in trying to understand Krsna
- Even Sankaracarya, who is a impersonalist, he has accepted Lord Krsna as the supreme Narayana. In his comment on Bhagavad-gita he says, narayanah parah avyaktat: "Narayana is beyond this material creation."
- It is not our business to amend the words of the Supreme Personality of Godhead or make additions or alterations, as it has become a custom for many so-called scholars and svamis who comment on the words of Bhagavad-gita
- It is regrettable that persons who have no brahminical qualifications and have never been trained under a bona fide spiritual master nevertheless comment on Vedic literatures
- Sri Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura also comments that since Sati is the superintendent deity of the external potency, when she quit her body she did not get a spiritual body but simply transferred from the body she had received from Daksa
- Sri Vyasadeva very kindly compiled the Vedic knowledge in his Vedanta-sutra, but if one hears the commentation of the Mayavada school (as represented by the Sankara-sampradaya) certainly he will be misled on the path of spiritual realization
- Sridhara Svami comments in this connection that by association with material nature alone one does not become conditioned. Conditional life begins only after one is infected by the modes of material nature
- Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura comments that saralata, or simplicity, is the first qualification of a Vaisnava, whereas duplicity or cunning behavior is a great offense against the principles of devotional service
- Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura comments that the comparative position of Vasudeva Datta is millions of times better than that of Lord Jesus Christ
- Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura comments that the word siddha-deha, "perfected spiritual body," refers to a body beyond the material gross body composed of five elements and the subtle astral body composed of mind, intelligence and false ego
- Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura comments that although it was daytime for Lord Brahma, Brahma felt sleepy for a short time by the supreme will of the Lord. This short period is regarded as Lord Brahma's night
- Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura comments that Bhuta had two wives. One of them, Sarupa, gave birth to the eleven Rudras, and the other wife gave birth to the associates of the Rudras known as the ghosts and hobgoblins
- Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura comments that it was yogamaya, the potency by which Krsna is sometimes manifest and sometimes not manifest
- Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura comments that the word anvaha means that he (Svayambhuva Manu) chanted or murmured to himself, not that he lectured to anyone
- Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura comments that those who seek gold and silver can worship Lord Siva for material opulences
- Srimad-Bhagavatam is a personal commentation on the Vedanta-sutra by Sri Vyasadeva. It was written in the maturity of his spiritual life through the mercy of Narada
- The Bhagavad-gita is an important Vedic literature that has been taught for many years, but because it was commented upon by unscrupulous rascals, people derived no benefit from it, and no one came to the conclusion of Krsna consciousness
- The comments by Mr. Keating are very nice, he offers us his admiration and his blessings for our selfless work, and that is a very great compliment coming from such an important man
- The fools and rascals, they try to comment on the Bhagavad-gita by their ABCD scholarship. That is not possible. It is sabda-brahman. It will be revealed to the person who has devotion to Krsna. Yasya deve para bhaktir yatha deve
- The perfect knowledge propounded in the revealed scriptures is confirmed by the great acaryas, who have left ample commentations upon them; none of these acaryas has disbelieved in the sastras
- There are many philosophers who write comments on the Bhagavad-gita but have no faith in Krsna. They will never be liberated from the bondage of fruitive action
- There is no difference between Bhagavad-gita and Bhagavan. Sabda-brahman. So Bhagavad-gita should not be taken as ordinary literature, that one can comment on it by so-called ABCD knowledge. No. That is not possible