Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
commander | commanders | commander's
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Commander"
The following 36 pages are in this category, out of 36 total.
- Abhimanyu was the son of Subhadra, Krsna's younger sister. He was killed at the Battle of Kuruksetra by the combined efforts of all the commanders in King Duryodhana's army - namely, Karna, Asvatthama, Jayadratha, Bhisma, Krpacarya and Dronacarya
- All the jewelry from the bodies of the soldiers and commanders seemed like many pebbles flowing down the river of blood
- As a fort commander very easily conquers invading plunderers, by taking shelter of a wife one can conquer the senses, which are unconquerable in the other social orders
- As Krsna was speaking with Rukmini, the commanders of the Yadu dynasty's soldiers, headed by Balarama, known as Sankarsana, by Gada, not tolerating the opposing soldiers' defiant attitude, began to strike their horses, elephants, & chariots with arrows
- So formerly, five thousand years ago, the same system, military - ordinary soldiers, then the captain, then the commander, the commander-in-chief - as there are gradations in the modern age, the same thing was there
- So we generally speak that Arjuna was military commander. So before understanding Bhagavad-gita, he was commander, and after understanding, he remained a commander, but he became Krsna conscious
- The bodily senses are considered plunderers of the fort of the body. The wife is supposed to be the commander of the fort, and therefore whenever there is an attack on the body by the senses, it is the wife who protects the body from being smashed
- The great heroes of Dvaraka City, headed by commanders such as Pradyumna, counterattacked the soldiers and airplane of Salva. When he saw the extreme distress of the citizens, Pradyumna immediately arranged his soldiers and personally got up on a chariot
- The king had to select properly the cabinet ministers, but not on the strength of voting background. The ministers, the military commanders and even the ordinary soldiers were all selected by personal qualification
- The regulative principles of a battlefield, namely to abide by the order of the commander, must be followed. Otherwise it is impossible to direct the fighting capacity of the soldiers and thus defeat the opposing elements
- The Vedic concept of the commander is that he must be in front in the fight, not that he sit back behind the lines
- The word vahan refers to the soldiers on horseback who protected the legs of the carrier elephants. According to the system of military arrangement, the legs of the elephant bearing the commander were also protected
- Their (Bhaumasura's soldiers and commanders) arms, legs and heads separated from their trunks, and all their horses and elephants also fell with them. In this way, all the weapons released by Bhaumasura were cut to pieces by the Lord’s arrows
- There have been many great politicians and military commanders like Napoleon, Hitler, Shubhash Chandra Bose and Gandhi, but as soon as their lives were finished, their popularity, influence and everything else were finished also
- They (The seven sons of demon Mura) equipped themselves with the necessary weapons and situated Pitha, another demon, to act as commander in the battle. By the order of Bhaumasura, all of them combinedly attacked Krsna
- When he (Bhaumasura) saw that all his soldiers, commanders and fighters had been killed on the battlefield by the strokes of the weapons of the Personality of Godhead, he became exceedingly angry at the Lord
- When Lord Krsna, Maharaj Yudhisthira and the other Pandavas approached Bhismadeva, he was very grateful to Lord Krsna, and he addressed the brahmana military commander, Krpacarya, thus
- When the commanders of the Yadu dynasty came back to see Krsna, they were all surprised to see the condition of Rukmi. Lord Balarama became especially compassionate toward His sister-in-law (Rukmini), who was newly married to His brother (Krsna)