Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
cheerful | cheerfully | cheerfulness
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Krsna Is Cheerful (1 P)
Pages in category "Cheerful"
The following 35 pages are in this category, out of 35 total.
- Be cheerful and chant Hare Krishna without any lamentation. As I have told you several times that my Guru maharaj used to say that this world is not a fit place for gentleman
- But I do not wish to die. Why shall I be cheerful? You rascal, you say, "Become cheerful." (laughter) "Cheerfully, you become hanged
- He (Maharaja Pariksit) did not want to interfere with the current of the time, but he prepared himself to meet death very cheerfully and very properly
- He (Sanjaya) studied the situation in his own way because he did not know that the inner vision of Dhrtarastra has been awakened by Vidura that therefore he had left home in enthusiastic cheerfulness for a better life
- In the presence of Lord Balarama, all the gopis and other inhabitants of Vrndavana became as cheerful as they had been before in the presence of both brothers, Lord Krsna and Lord Balarama
- In the reign of Yudhisthira, the clouds showered all the water that people needed, and the earth produced all the necessities of man in profusion. Due to its fatty milk bag and cheerful attitude, the cow used to moisten the grazing ground with milk
- It is described in the Visnu Purana that when Akrura came to take Krsna and Balarama to Mathura, just by seeing Their faces he became so cheerful that all over his body there were symptoms of ecstatic love. This state is called happiness
- One cannot be cheerful by nature unless one is factually seated in self-realization, which is transcendental to the material body and mind
- One cannot concentrate his mind on anything void or impersonal; the mind should be fixed on the personal form of the Lord, whose attitude is cheerful
- One of Her (Radharani's) friends addressed Her in this way: "My dear friend, You have already sold Yourself and all Your beauty to Govinda. Now You should not be bashful. Please look upon Him cheerfully"
- She (Rukmini) was therefore pacified by hearing the words of Krsna. Gradually she was freed from all fear of separation from Him, and she began to look at His face very cheerfully with her naturally smiling face
- So long we have got this bodily concept of life, we cannot be cheerful. Full of anxiety. And as soon as we understand that "I am not this body; I am spirit soul," the next moment you will be cheerful
- The first thing is we must hear. Srotavyah. Just try to hear what is God, what is His kingdom, how He acts, how He is cheerful. These things are to be heard. Sravanam
- The grandsire of the Kuru dynasty (Bhisma) could understand the inner meaning of the heart of his grandson Duryodhana, and out of his natural compassion for him he tried to cheer him by blowing his conchshell very loudly, befitting his position as a lion
- The human society, therefore, maintains these two (the bull and the cow) important animals very carefully so that they can wander everywhere in cheerfulness
- The human society, therefore, maintains these two important animals (bull and cow) very carefully so that they can wander everywhere in cheerfulness
- The Kauravas were so certain of the death of the Pandavas that Dhrtarastra performed the last rites of death with great cheerfulness
- The Lord accepts the chastisements of the parents more cheerfully than the prayers of the Vedic hymns. Similarly, He accepts the reproaches of His fiancees more palatably than the Vedic hymns
- The moon was eclipsed at the time of His (Lord Caitanya) birth, and the people of Nadia were then engaged, as was usual on such occasions, in bathing in the Bhagirathi with loud cheers of "Haribol!"
- The nice decorations, ornaments and dress of the wives of the demigods and sages and the cheerfulness of the demigods and sages themselves were all auspicious signs for the ceremony
- The parents of the Lord (who are all pure devotees) consider Him a child only. The Lord accepts the chastisements of the parents more cheerfully than the prayers of the Vedic hymns
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead has a cheerful, lotuslike countenance with ruddy eyes like the interior of a lotus and a swarthy body like the petals of a blue lotus. He bears a conch, discus and mace in three of His hands
- The test is, one who is completely in knowledge of Brahman, the symptom will be... he will be always cheerful
- This knowledge one must have. Then he'll be cheerful in all cases and he'll be interested simply in Krsna consciousness. There is nothing to be lamented for the body, either alive or dead
- When a woman is decorated nicely, her husband becomes more cheerful
- When Akrura came to take Krsna and Balarama to Mathura, just by seeing Their faces he became so cheerful that all over his body there were symptoms of ecstatic love. This state is called happiness
- When Krsna, Arjuna & Bhima reached Hastinapura, they blew their respective conchshells, & by hearing the sound vibrations, everyone immediately became cheerful. But the enemies of Krsna, upon hearing the conchshells, were very sorry