Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
calf | calfless | calfs | calf's | calves
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Calf"
The following 54 pages are in this category, out of 54 total.
- All of them (cows) were full of milk, due to having their first-born calves with them, and they were very tame and peaceful
- Anyone who takes shelter of the lotus feet of Krsna enters the boat for crossing over the ocean of nescience. For him, this vast expanse of the material manifestation becomes as insignificant as the water in a calf’s hoofprint
- Baladeva felt astonished and said, "How wonderful it is that my ecstatic love for Krsna is again being attracted to so many cowherd boys, calves and cows!" He was struck with wonder by thinking in this way
- Being situated in that ocean, I now realize all other so-called happiness to be like the water contained in the hoofprint of a calf
- For one who has accepted the boat of the lotus feet of the Lord, the ocean of the material world is like the water contained in a calf's footprint. Param padam, or the place where there are no material miseries, or Vaikuntha, is his goal
- For one who has accepted the boat of the lotus feet of the Lord, who is the shelter of the cosmic manifestation and is famous as Murari, or the enemy of the Mura demon, the ocean of the material world is like the water contained in a calf's hoofprint
- If when one is going out one sees someone with a bucket full of water, that is a very good sign. But if one sees someone with an empty bucket, it is not a good sign. Similarly, if one sees a cow being milked alongside its calf, it is a good sign
- In My last birth I (Lord Caitanya) was born in the family of cowherd men, and I gave protection to the calves and cows. Because of such pious activities, I have now become the son of a brahmana
- In the Kali-yuga, the calves are separated from the cows as early as possible for purposes which may not be mentioned in these pages of Srimad Bhagavatam
- Just as one can cross with no exertion over the little bit of water contained in the hoofprint of a calf, so Arjuna, by the grace of Krsna, was able to very easily jump over the ocean of the Battle of Kuruksetra
- Just like somebody keeps a batch of dogs to love. The dog also love the master, and the master loves the dog. So why not Krsna loving cows and calves and they also love Krsna?
- Just like this cow. Just see. What does it know? He's an animal. You see? But the calf knows to brush his head and tongue like this, in love. It is doing and Krsna accepting, "Yes." That is expert
- King Nrga said that the cows he had given in charity were not ordinary cows. Each one was very young and had given birth to only one calf. They were full of milk, very peaceful, and healthy
- Krsna is first-class, His devotees are also first-class. The trees, the birds, the cows, and the calves are all first-class. Therefore it is called absolute. No conception of relative, second-class, third-class, fourth-class
- Older cows are taken care of by the men, and the calves are taken care of by the boys; and as far as possible, the calves are kept separate from the cows, so that the calves do not drink all the available milk
- Once, when Krsna and Balarama were playing on the bank of the Yamuna, a demon of the name Vatsasura assumed the shape of a calf and came there intending to kill the brothers. By taking the shape of a calf, the demon could mingle with the other calves
- Rati continued, "She (Rukmini-devi) is very affectionate toward you, and since you have been taken away from her, she has been living like a cow aggrieved over the loss of its calf"
- Rupa Goswami said, "He (Krsna) has expanded Himself into so many cows, calves and cowherd boys, and He has again manifested Himself in all of them as the four-handed Narayana"
- That is the difference between animal and man. A child can control so many calfs. Krsna was doing that. One stick in the hand of a child, he can control fifty cows. The child is controller of many cows; a man is controller of many children
- The calves do not suck the teats of the cows, nor do the cows give milk. They are standing, crying, tears in their eyes, and the bulls take no pleasure in the pasturing grounds
- The caste system has a specific purpose. If this scientific system is followed, human society will get the greatest benefit. Heeding this instruction by the Lord, people should serve cows and calves and in return get ample quantities of milk
- The citizens of Dvaraka addressed Lord Krsna not only as Damodara but also as Govinda, which indicates that Krsna is very affectionate to the cows and calves
- The cows especially, being much aggrieved from the heavy rain, bowed down their heads, and taking their calves underneath their bodies, they approached the Supreme Personality of Godhead to take shelter of His lotus feet
- The dust from cows and calves on the road creates a kind of darkness indicating that Krsna is returning home from the pasture. Also, the darkness of evening provokes the gopis to meet Krsna
- The fortunate inhabitants of Pitrloka, who preside over the funeral ceremonies, made Aryama into a calf. With great faith they milked kavya, food offered to the ancestors, into an unbaked earthen pot
- The gopis saw that the cows were hearing the sweet songs vibrated by Krsna's flute and were appearing to be drinking the nectar of these transcendental sounds. The calves were stunned, and they forgot to drink the milk from the milk bags
- The great mystic Maya Danava became aware that the calf and cow were drinking the nectar, and he could understand this to be the unseen power of providence. Thus he spoke to the demons, who were grievously lamenting
- The inhabitants of Gandharvaloka and Apsaroloka made Visvavasu into a calf, and they drew the milk into a lotus flower pot. The milk took the shape of sweet musical art and beauty
- The inhabitants of planets known as Kimpurusa-loka, made the demon Maya into a calf, and they milked out mystic powers by which one can disappear immediately from another's vision and appear again in a different form
- The result of understanding these signs (a bucket full of water, an empty bucket, a cow being milked alongside its calf) is that one can foretell events, and Krsna and Balarama learned the science
- The same gopi said, "As for the calves, they are seen with the nipples of their mothers pressed in their mouths, but they cannot suck the milk"
- The Yaksas, Raksasas, ghosts and witches, who are habituated to eating flesh, transformed Lord Siva's incarnation Rudra (Bhutanatha) into a calf and milked out beverages made of blood and put them in a pot made of skulls
- Their (cows and calves) eyes seemed to be embracing Krsna, and there were tears in their eyes. This is an instance of inertia resulting from hearing the transcendental vibrations of Krsna's flute
- There is no loss in serving the cows and calves, but modern human society has become so degraded that instead of giving protection to the cows and serving them, people are killing them
- These relations of the cows & gopis with their calves & boys remained unchanged, although actually the original calves & boys were not there. Actually the cows’ affection for their calves & the elder gopis’ affection for the boys causelessly increased
- They (Krsna and Canura, Balarama and mustika) joined palm to palm, calf to calf, head to head, chest to chest and began to strike each other. The fighting increased as they pushed each other from one place to another
- This brahmananda, the spiritual bliss derived from impersonal Brahman, is like the water in the hoofprint of a calf compared to the ocean of love of Godhead
- This great ocean of material existence shortens like the pit-hole created by the foot of a calf and for him the supreme abode of the Lord is quite fit place for living, but not this miserable material world where there is nothing but danger in every step
- This is one of the examples ( Krsna expanded Himself into so many cowherd boys, calves and cows) in which Krsna Himself becomes the object and reservoir of ecstatic love in the impetuous aspect
- When Brahma was deluded by Krsna, who expanded Himself into so many cowherd boys, calves and cows, Krsna's elder brother, Sri Baladeva (a direct expansion of Krsna Himself), felt astonishment and said
- When they (the cows) were coming down the hill (of Govardhana), their milk bags were pouring milk on the ground out of intense maternal affection for the calves, although they were not their own calves
- When Vasudeva addressed Kamsa as dina-vatsala, this was excessive praise. Kamsa would accept calves as a form of revenue from his poor constituents, and therefore he was called dina-vatsala