Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
calamities | calamitous | calamity
Pages in category "Calamities"
The following 50 pages are in this category, out of 50 total.
- A civilization that commits such sinful activities (offenses at the lotus feet of the devotees and brahmanas) generally loses all faith in the Supreme Lord, and such a godless civilization becomes the source of all calamities in human society
- A devotee never takes dangerous position as very reverse position or very calamitous position. He welcomes. Because a surrendered soul, he knows either danger or festival, they are all different demonstration of Krsna. Krsna is absolute
- A man may see a tiger swallowing him in a dream, and he may cry for this calamity. Actually there is no tiger and there is no suffering; it is simply a case of dreams. In the same way, all calamities of life are said to be dreams
- A person who can always put his enemy into calamities is called powerful
- After the burning of Putana, Nanda Maharaja came home and immediately took up the child on his lap and began to smell His head. In this way, he was quite satisfied that his little child was saved from this great calamity
- All the cities, villages, towns, gardens, mines and hermitages are now devoid of beauty and bereft of all happiness. I (Yudhisthira Maharaja) do not know what sort of calamities are now awaiting us
- Argumental calamity in the process of devotional service
- At that time, the whole world became perturbed, and the predominating deity of this earth, known as Bhūmi, went to see Lord Brahmā to tell of her calamities due to the demoniac kings
- By bugling with the conchshell and offering blessings with the lotus flower, He (Krsna) always assures the devotees that no one can vanquish them, even in the greatest calamity
- By the celestial influence of the stars there are many calamities like excessive heat, cold, rains or no rains, and the aftereffects are famine, disease and epidemic. The aggregate result is agony of the body and the mind
- Devotional service, which begins with chanting of the holy name of the Lord, is so powerful that even if one falls down from the exalted position of a brahmana through sexual indulgence, he can be saved from all calamities if he somehow or other chants
- Durvasa would become angry, and the Pandavas would be cursed. But Krsna saved them from this calamity by His trick and by His all-cognizant quality
- I wish that all those calamities would happen again and again so that we could see You again and again, for seeing You means that we will no longer see repeated births and deaths
- In the Nrsimha Purana, Lord Nrsimhadeva says, "Anyone who prays unto Me and takes shelter from Me becomes My ward, and I protect him always from all sorts of calamities"
- In the Varaha Purana it is stated that some of the raksasas, they will take advantage of Kali-yuga and take birth in brahmana families, so he is one of them, this raksasa. And now he is suffering for that. Greatest calamity, you see?
- It is said that wherever the chanting of the holy name of Krsna is done, even negligently, all bad elements - witches, ghosts and dangerous calamities - immediately disappear
- Nanda Maharaja and the other gopas exclaimed: My dear friends, you must know that Anakadundubhi, Vasudeva, has become a great saint or a master of mystic power. Otherwise how could he have foreseen this calamity and predicted it to us?
- No one goes into the forest to set fires, but fires automatically take place in the forest, creating inconceivable calamities for the living beings of the forest. Such a fire cannot be extinguished by any human efforts
- She (Kunti-devi) remembered the past calamities of her life and how by the grace of Krsna she and her sons, the Pandavas, had been saved
- Suffering all sorts of unavoidable misfortunes, one should make progress in spiritual realization because that is the mission of human life. The spirit soul is transcendental to all material calamities; therefore, the so-called calamities are called false
- The attendants who came with Sati were meant to protect her from calamities, but since they were unable to protect their master's wife, they decided to die for her, and before dying they wanted to kill Daksa
- The duty must be done. Even it is little suffering. That is called tapasya. Tapasya means we must proceed with our Krsna consciousness business in spite of all dangerous and calamitous condition of this world. This is called tapasya
- The duty of the sane person is to be undisturbed by worldly calamities, which are sure to happen in all circumstances
- The majority of Indian population, they are personalists. Yes, majority. Either they worship God or demigod, but they are personalists. Recently the Mayavadi philosophers, they have poisoned, the impersonalism, calamity. God is person
- The material world is itself a place always full of anxieties, and by encouraging animal slaughter the whole atmosphere becomes polluted more and more by war, pestilence, famine and many other unwanted calamities
- The Mayavadi philosophers' unrealizable ambition to become one with the Supreme through denying the existence of the Personality of Godhead results in a most calamitous misrepresentation of spiritual knowledge
- The proof that the spiritual master is bona fide is his invincible faith in God, which protects him from the calamity of impersonalism
- The proselytizing method of "Bhagavad-gita" is to turn the face of all mundaners towards the transcendental service of the Absolute Personality of Godhead Sri Krishna which process can only save the mundaners from all calamities past present and future
- The spirit soul is transcendental to all material calamities; therefore, the so-called calamities are called false
- They (Brahmanas) are always busy in their activities for spiritual advancement. Nonetheless, when there is a calamity in human society, they cannot remain impartial
- This material world is certified by the Lord in the Bhagavad-gita as a dangerous place full of calamities. Less intelligent persons prepare plans to adjust to those calamities without knowing that the nature of this place is itself full of calamities
- Upananda said, "Just imagine the calamity if this child or any other child playing with Him were crushed by the falling trees! Considering all these incidents, we must conclude that this place is no longer safe. Let us leave"
- Upananda said, "We have all been saved from different calamities by the grace of Lord Hari. Now we should be cautious and leave this place and reside somewhere where we can live peacefully"
- Whatever calamities happen we should take it as Krishna's blessings, as a token punishment for our past misdeeds. That is the observation of a devotee. Whenever he is put into a dangerous position, he takes it as a blessings of Krishna
- When Durvasa muni was satisfied, he could do tremendous good to the servitor, but if he was dissatisfied he could bring about the greatest calamity
- When mother Yasoda & Rohini were unable to protect the babies from calamities threatened by horned cows, by fire, by animals with claws & teeth such as monkeys, dogs & cats & by thorns, swords & other weapons on the ground, they were always in anxiety