Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
butter | buttered | butterfat | buttermilk | butterpot
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Butter"
The following 79 pages are in this category, out of 79 total.
- A friend of Mother Yasoda told her, "And to make me blame my own son for His mischief, He has smeared some of the butter on my son's face while he was sleeping"
- A pure devotee of Krsna is always specifically qualified with nectarean qualifications and sometimes with the qualifications of butter and honey
- After the eclipse, all the members of the Yadu dynasty again took their baths in the lakes created by Lord Parasurama. Then they sumptuously fed the brahmanas with first-class cooked food, all prepared in butter
- As from wood, fire can be manifested, or as butter can be churned out of milk, so also the presence of the Lord as Paramatma can be felt by the process of legitimate hearing and chanting of the transcendental subjects
- As honey and butter become melted even in slight sunshine, so softhearted persons become easily melted
- Before this picturesque sight, Lord Krsna appeared as a child. He felt hungry, and to increase His mother’s love, He wanted her to stop churning. He indicated that her first business was to let Him suck her breast, and then she could churn butter later
- By so-called development of industrial enterprises, they are now using pots of gutta-percha instead of metals like gold, silver, brass and copper. They are using margarine instead of purified butter, and one fourth of the city population has no shelter
- Fire is good, just like heat. And butter is good, healthy. But when they come together the butter melts and the fire extinguished. This is maya's arrangement
- Fruits, flowers, beautiful gardens, parks and reservoirs of water with ducks and swans playing in the midst of lotus flowers, and cows giving sufficient milk and butter are essential for developing the finer tissues of the human body
- Gandharvas and their wives, whose voices were very sweet, began to sing many auspicious songs. Vasudeva anointed his eyes with black cosmetic, smeared butter over his body
- Girls who are living in New Vrindaban should be engaged in the following activities; 1) taking care of the children, 2) cleaning the temple, kitchen, etc. 3) cooking, and 4) churning butter
- He (Krsna) pressed His teeth and lips, and taking up a piece of stone, He immediately broke the butter pot. He took butter out of it, and with false tears in His eyes, He began to eat the butter in a secluded place
- He was eating little butter, just to satisfy. Practically no eating. Raghunatha dasa Gosvami was a very rich man's son. His father's income was twelve lakhs of rupees in those days. So he adopted this austerity at Radha-kunda
- If a butter pot and fire are kept together, the butter within the pot will certainly melt. Woman is compared to fire, and man is compared to a butter pot
- If you know what is milk, then you know what is butter, what is cheese, what is yogurt, everything, because everything is milk product. So if you know Krsna, everything is Krsna product, so you know everything. That is universal knowledge
- In enjoying Krsna's attitude of stealing butter very stealthily, Mother Yasoda experienced the ecstasy of maternal love by smelling His head, sometimes patting His body with her hand
- In gladness, the cowherd men enjoyed the great festival by splashing one another's bodies with a mixture of curd, condensed milk, butter and water
- In gladness, the cowherd men enjoyed the great festival by splashing one another's bodies with a mixture of curd, condensed milk, butter and water. They threw butter on one another and smeared it on one another's bodies
- In His (Krsna's) left palm He was holding a lump of food prepared with yogurt, butter, rice and pieces of fruit salad, which could be seen through His petallike finger-joints
- In His village of Vrndavana He enjoyed Himself with His mother, brother and friends, and when He played the role of a naughty butter thief, all His associates enjoyed celestial bliss by His stealing
- In the morning, the gopis prepared for morning arati by lighting their lamps and sprinkling butter mixed with yogurt. After finishing their mangala-arati, they engaged themselves in churning butter from yogurt
- It appears that when different kinds of drugs, creepers, grass and vegetables are put into this milk and the milk is churned, as milk is churned for butter, the active principles of the vegetables and drugs mix with the milk, and the result is nectar
- It is my practical experience. Syamasundara had to waste at least two to three hours to secure rice, fruits. Only milk and butter could we get
- It is stated that when Mother Yasoda saw that the child was moving, ringing the bells on His waist, smiling at her with a pearl between His nostrils and with butter on His hands, she became wonderfully pleased to see her little child in that fashion
- Krsna's ornaments at this age are a pearl hanging from the septum of His nose, butter on His lotus-like palms and some small bells hanging from His waist
- Krsna, having been interrupted in His business of sucking the breast, was very angry. He took a piece of stone, broke the churning pot and entered a room, where He began to eat the freshly churned butter
- Milk, butter, cheese and similar products give animal fat in a form which rules out any need for the killing of innocent creatures. It is only through brute mentality that this killing goes on. The civilized method of obtaining needed fat is by milk
- Mother Yasoda was able to trace Krsna by following His butter-smeared footprints
- Mother Yasoda would inform them (the elder gopis, "All right, keep your butter and yogurt carefully so that They (Krsna and Balarama) may not reach it"
- On hearing this, Yasoda would say, "All right, I will take all the jewels from Kṛṣṇa so that He cannot see the butter hidden in the darkness"
- Once upon a time, seeing that her maidservant was engaged in different household duties, mother Yasoda personally took charge of churning butter. And while she churned butter, she sang the childhood pastimes of Krsna and enjoyed thinking of her son
- One cowherd boy said, "Once His (Krsna's) mother, being disturbed by His stealing butter, tied Him to a wooden mortar, and the child pulled it toward a pair of trees known as yamala-arjuna and caused them to fall"
- Raghunatha dasa Gosvami, he was a very rich man's son. So he showed us the example, what is tapasya. He gradually reduced his eating, every alternate days a little butter. That's all. Ragunatha dasa Gosvami. And still, he was taking three times bath
- Rivers, tributaries, ponds, reservoirs and the mind are all perturbed. Butter no longer ignites fire. What is this extraordinary time? What is going to happen?
- SB 07.12.09 nanv agnih pramada nama... cited
- Softness of the heart is compared with honey, with butter and with nectar. And the condition of the mind is compared with sunshine
- Sometimes He (Krsna) breaks the churning rod, and sometimes He throws butter on the fire. In this way, he increases the transcendental pleasure of His Mother Yasoda
- Sukadeva Gosvami said, "At first they were planning to chastise their sons for stealing butter, but as soon as the sons came before their eyes, they lost all of their angry attitudes and became overwhelmed with affection"
- Sukadeva Gosvami said, "When she was churning butter and tightly holding the rope, the bangles on her hands and the earrings on her ears were moving, and from the nice decoration in her hair the flowers were slackening and falling down"
- The brahmanas thereafter began to offer oblations to the sacrificial fire with yogurt, butter, kusa grass and water. They worshiped the Supreme Personality of Godhead for the good fortune of the child (Lord Krsna)
- The cowherd girls saw all of the water of the Yamuna River turn into milk, so they began to churn it into butter. In other words, by the spreading of Krsna consciousness, or the glories of Krsna, everything became white and pure
- The demons said "Let us kill all the cows, which are the source of butter, which is so necessary for performing sacrifices. Please give us your (Kamsa) permission to kill all these creatures"
- The elder gopis said, "If by chance They (Krsna and Balarama) cannot find the hidden butter and yogurt, They go to our little babies and pinch their bodies so that they cry, and then They go away"
- The elder gopis said, "If They (Krsna and Balarama) cannot reach (the butter and yogurt), They make a hole in the pot. We think therefore that you’d better take all the jeweled ornaments from the bodies of your children"
- The elder gopis said, "Sometimes, being unable to steal our butter and yogurt, out of anger They (Krsna and Balarama) pass urine on the clean floor and sometimes spit on it"
- The elder gopis said, "When Krsna and Balarama are caught stealing the yogurt and butter, They say," ‘Why do you charge Us with stealing? Do you think that butter and yogurt are in scarcity in Our house?'
- The elder gopis said, "Your Krsna and Balarama find great pleasure in stealing our stock of yogurt and butter from wherever we keep it"
- The gopis are so fortunate that they can see and think of Krsna twenty-four hours a day, beginning from their milking the cows or husking the paddy or churning the butter in the morning
- The gopis said, "If out of fear of these naughty boys we keep our stock of butter & yogurt high on the ceiling, hanging on a swing, although it is beyond Their reach They arrange to reach it by piling all kinds of wooden planks over the grinding machine"
- The Lord's fame as a butter thief is not reproachable, for by stealing butter the Lord gave pleasure to His pure devotees
- The Lord, in His naturally childish playful activities, used to spoil the stocked butter of mother Yasoda by breaking the pots and distributing the contents to His friends and playmates, including the celebrated monkeys of Vrndavana
- The vaisyas, the members of the mercantile communities, are especially advised to protect the cows. Cow protection means increasing the milk productions, namely curd and butter
- There is the following example of a mixture of parental love and laughter. A friend of Mother Yasoda told her, "My dear Yasoda, your son has very cunningly stolen a lump of butter from my home"
- There were yogurt, milk, butter, buttermilk, fruit juice, a preparation made of fried yogurt and sugar candy, and salty mung-dhal sprouts with shredded ginger
- They (Bhismadeva, Dhrtarastra, Dronacarya, Duryodhana and Bahlika) welcomed Lord Balarama by giving Him in charity nice cows and arghya (a mixture of arati water and an assortment of items such as honey, butter, flowers and sandalwood pulp)
- They (the inhabitants of Vrndavana) possessed such an abundance of various kinds of milk products that they were throwing butter lavishly on each other’s bodies without restriction
- When mother Yasoda saw that the child (Lord Damodara) was moving, ringing the bells on His waist, smiling at her with a pearl between His nostrils and with butter on His hands, she became wonderfully pleased to see her little child in that fashion
- When mother Yasoda saw that the child was breaking the butter pot, she immediately wanted to catch Him, and Krsna fled away
- When the cowherd men saw the pastimes of the cowherd women, they became very joyful, and in response they also began to throw yogurt, milk, clarified butter and water upon the bodies of the gopis. Then both parties began to throw butter on each other
- Woman is compared to fire, and man is compared to a butter pot. Therefore a man should avoid associating even with his own daughter in a secluded place. Similarly, he should also avoid association with other women
- Yasoda said, "It appears that He is coming just to steal the butter. Don't expose yourself or He may understand that we are looking towards Him"
- You are drinking milk, you are taking so much butter, milk product, and as gratitude you are killing cows? You should be ashamed
- You are drinking milk, you are taking so much butter, milk product, and as gratitude you are killing cows? You should be ashamed. Even if you have no human feelings. You suck the breast of your mother and kill? Is that humanity
- You are killing cows, the source of butter. Now, time will come, there will be no more cows. Misusing. And then where you will get butter? You cannot manufacture in your factory a cow or butter
- Your name means all glories to Krishna who performs the transcendental pastime of breaking into the storeroom (of butter)