Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Brought"
The following 252 pages are in this category, out of 252 total.
- I reached Boston on 17th September, 1965. I was thinking, while on board the ship "Jaladuta," why Krishna had brought me to this country
- My Guru Maharaja used to say that a man has fallen on the water, and one brave man came. He said that "I shall save this man." And he also jumped in the water and brought his coat and shirt
- The Lord brought the desire tree of devotional service to this earth and became its gardener
- A criminal was brought before the king, and if the king thought it wise, he would take his own sword, immediately cut his head. That was the duty of king
- A spiritual master will say, "I am servant of God. I have brought His mercy. Please take it and be satisfied"
- After begging the rice from her, Junior Haridasa brought it to Bhagavan Acarya, who was very pleased to see its quality
- After conquering the demigods, all the demons had taken shelter in the lower planetary system known as Rasatala and had brought all the wives and daughters of the demigods there also. Maharaja Bharata, however, rescued all those women
- After eating, the two brothers washed Their hands and mouths. Then Raghava Pandita brought flower garlands and sandalwood pulp and decorated Them
- After he finished cooking, he brought separate dishes for Jagannatha and Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- After hearing this order, the driver brought Krsna's four special horses. The names and descriptions of these horses are mentioned in the Padma Purana
- After Nityananda Prabhu had changed His cloth for a new one and sat on a raised platform, the brahmana brought before Him the seven huge pots
- After presenting Kamsa with the milk products they had brought with them, the cowherd men also took their respective seats by the side of the King, on a platform especially meant for them
- After Ravana was killed by Lord Ramacandra, Sitadevi was brought before the fire and tested
- After relaying Rukmini-devi's statement to Krsna, the brahmana said, "My dear Krsna, chief of the Yadu dynasty, I have brought this confidential message for You from Rukmini; now it is placed before You for Your consideration"
- After saying this, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu ordered that varieties of prasadam offered to Lord Jagannatha be brought. The Lord then gave him the prasadam, separately packed, to offer to various Vaisnavas and His mother
- After sending a confidential account to the government treasury, the caudhuri brought the minister in charge. The caudhuri came, wanting to arrest Hiranya dasa, but Hiranya dasa had left home. Therefore the caudhuri arrested Raghunatha dasa
- After the demon (aghasura) was dead, Krsna, with His transcendental glance alone, brought all the boys and calves back to consciousness and came with them out of the mouth of the demon
- After the disappearance of Lord Krsna, the message was brought by Arjuna to Maharaja Yudhisthira
- After the first bathing, further bathings were conducted with panca-gavya and then with pancamrta. Then the maha-snana was performed with ghee and water, which had been brought in one hundred pots
- After this settlement was made, the landlord gave Sanatana Gosvami four watchmen to accompany him. They went through the forest path for the whole night and thus brought him over the hilly tract of land
- After this, Bali Maharaja brought valuable garments, ornaments, sandalwood pulp, betel nuts, lamps and various nectarean foods, and along with his family members he worshiped the Lords according to the regulative principles
- After this, Vaninatha Raya brought all kinds of prasadam, and Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu accepted lunch with the devotees
- After welcoming the Lord (Krsna) and His companions (Narada and others), according to his (Srutadeva's) ability he brought fruits, incense, scented water, scented clay, tulasi leaves, kusa straw and lotus flowers
- After welcoming the Lord and His companions, according to his (Srutadeva) ability he brought fruits, incense, scented water, scented clay, tulasi leaves, kusa straw and lotus flowers
- Alas, before We met there was an initial attachment between Us brought about by an exchange of glances. In this way attachment evolved. That attachment has gradually grown, and there is no limit to it
- All the brahmana priests of the village gathered together with nine waterpots, and water from Govinda-kunda lake was brought there and filtered
- All the people of the village then called for the elderly brahmana and brought him to their meeting place. The young brahmana then began to speak before them as follows
- All the rivers of sacred water, such as the Ganges and Yamuna, personified themselves, and each of them brought pure water in golden waterpots for mother Laksmi, the goddess of fortune
- Amsuman brought back the horse meant for sacrifice, and with this horse Maharaja Sagara performed the remaining ritualistic ceremonies
- Another thing is although I have brought this Sankirtana Movement to the Western World we cannot make it copyrighted. The Sankirtana Movement is not my invention. So how can it be copyrighted?
- Arjuna's another name is Dhananjaya. Dhananjaya means "one who can conquer over riches." His brother was in need of money, and he brought money. Therefore, from that day, his name was Dhananjaya
- Arjuna's another name is Dhananjaya. Dhananjaya means "one who can conquer over riches." His brother was in need of money, and he brought money. Therefore, from that day, his name was Dhananjaya, "one can conquer over riches"
- Arranging for the Lord's rest, Sri Madhavendra Puri brought a new cot, and over this he spread a new bedspread and thus made the bed ready
- Arriving in that way, the Muslim governor was respectfully brought before Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu by the maha-patra. The governor then stood before the Lord with folded hands, and he chanted the holy name of Krsna
- As He (Caitanya Mahaprabhu) floated in the sea, He was washed away to the Konarka temple, where a fisherman, thinking that the Lord's body was a big fish, caught Him in his net and brought Him ashore
- As husband of so many wives, He pleased them all with presentations, even at a costly endeavor. He brought the parijata plant from heaven and implanted it at the palace of Satyabhama, one of the principal queens
- As soon as Asvatthama was brought before Draupadi, she thought it intolerable that a brahmana should be arrested like a culprit and brought before her in that condition, especially when the brahmana happened to be a teacher's son
- As soon as Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu called for water, all the men immediately brought the hundred waterpots, which were completely filled, and delivered them before the Lord
- As soon as the people of the village had understood that the Deity was going to be installed, they had brought their entire stocks of rice, dhal & wheat flour. They brought such large quantities that the entire surface of the top of the hill was filled
- At Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya's house, there was always a full stock of food. Whatever spinach, vegetables, fruit and so on were required, he collected and brought back home
- At the indication of her mother-in-law, Draupadi brought clothing, ornaments and garlands, and with this paraphernalia they received the queens Rukmini, Satyabhama, Bhadra, Jambavati, Kalindi, Mitravinda, Laksmana and the devoted Satya
- Becoming even more anxious to move the car, the King had very strong elephants brought forth and harnessed to it
- Being afraid of his reputation (pratistha), Madhavendra Puri fled from Remuna. But the reputation brought by love of Godhead is so sublime that it goes along with the devotee, as if following him
- Both Rupa Gosvami and Sanatana Gosvami brought various scriptures to Vrndavana and collected the essence of these by compiling many scriptures on devotional service. In this way they delivered all rascals and fallen souls
- By chanting the Hare Krsna maha-mantra, one can become free from all contamination, especially contamination brought about by the killing of animals
- By the grace of Lord Caitanya and Lord Nityananda, this darkness of ignorance is removed and the truth is brought to light
- By the policy of Krsna, all the demons were brought together in the Battlefield of Kuruksetra, and set them... The fire was set, fighting, and they died
- Caitanya continues, "With great trouble and after much labor, Madhavendra Puri brought the load of sandalwood to Remuna. However, he was still very pleased; he discounted all the difficulties"
- Canakya Pandita said that "Both of them (the snake and the envious man) envious, but the envious man is more dangerous than the envious snake." Why? "Now, because the snake can be brought into submission by herbs and mantra"
- Candrasekhara then made Sanatana Gosvami look like a gentleman. He took him to bathe in the Ganges, and afterwards he brought him a new set of clothes
- Citralekha, by her mystic power, immediately brought Aniruddha, in that sleeping condition, to the city of Sonitapura so that Usa might see her desired husband. Usa immediately bloomed in happiness & began to enjoy the company of Aniruddha
- Deterioration of the ideals of Indian civilization has brought about the deterioration of civic life, not only in India but also abroad
- Do not eat anything brought or touched by a sudra nor anything seen by a woman in her menstrual period. Do not drink water by joining your palms
- During the festival at the installation ceremony, some people sang and some danced. All the milk, yogurt and clarified butter in the village were brought to the festival
- During the time of Lord Krsna's presence on the earth, the members of the Yadu family forcibly brought the celestial assembly house to earth and placed it at Dvaraka
- Even one hundred years ago in the state of Kashmir in India, the king was so strong that if a thief were arrested in his kingdom and brought before him, the king would immediately chop off the hands of the thief
- Every year in the month of Vaisakha, when there is a baradola ceremony, this Gopinatha Deity is taken to Krsnanagara. The ceremony is performed with eleven other Deities, and then Sri Gopinathaji is brought back to the temple in Agradvipa
- Ganga-mata brought a Deity of the name Sri Rasika-raya from Krsna Misra of Jaipur and installed Him in the house of Sarvabhauma in Jagannatha Puri
- Garuda, the chief of birds, unloaded Mandara Mountain from his shoulder and brought it near the water. Then he was asked by the Lord to leave that place, and he left
- God is living. Swamiji has brought in sankirtana
- Gopinatha Acarya also brought first-class food and offered it to Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya while speaking sweet words
- Gopinatha Acarya then brought prasadam for the two Lords to eat, and after They had eaten, the remnants of the food were distributed to all the devotees
- Gopinatha Acarya told Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu, "Sir, You have brought all this upon Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya"
- Having made their plot, the Buddhists brought a plate of untouchable food before Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and called it maha-prasadam
- He (Akrura) brought out the valuable jewel, covered by cloth but shining like the sun, and presented it before Krsna
- He (Arjuna) traveled through countries like Antagiri, Ulukpur and Modapur and brought under subjugation all the rulers
- He (Bhaumasura) then came out of the city with a great number of elephants who had all been born and brought up on the seashore. All of them were highly intoxicated
- He (Hiranyakasipu) defeated the rulers of all the other planets where there are living entities and brought them under his control. Conquering the abodes of all, he seized their power and influence
- He (Krsna) then snatched the bundle of chipped rice which was hanging on the shoulder of the poor brahmana, packed in one corner of his wrapper, and said, “What is this? My dear friend, you have brought Me nice, palatable chipped rice"
- He (Nanda Maharaj) entered deep into the water of the river, but he was arrested immediately by one of the servants of Varunadeva. This servant brought Nanda Maharaja before the demigod Varuna & accused him of taking a bath in the river at the wrong time
- He (Ravana) mounted his airplane, which was decorated with flowers, and proceeded toward Lord Ramacandra, who sat on the effulgent chariot brought by Matali, the chariot driver of Indra
- He (Ravana) mounted his airplane, which was decorated with flowers, and proceeded toward Lord Ramacandra, who sat on the effulgent chariot brought by Matali, the chariot driver of Indra. Then Ravana struck Lord Ramacandra with sharp arrows
- He (Uddhava) had brought a message in writing from Krsna, and now he wanted to present it before the gopis, just to pacify them. He said, "My dear gopis, your mission of human life is now successful"
- He brought many kinds of food cooked in ghee and offered to the Lord. This prasadam he first placed before Lord Nityananda and then distributed among the devotees
- He brought so many presentations that no one could know them perfectly. Indeed, it was a fact that the supreme mother, Radharani, personally cooked in the house of Raghava Pandita
- He got up alone one night and left, but his father caught him in a distant place and brought him back
- He is thus ready to suffer the threefold miseries - miseries brought about by the body and mind, the inimical behavior of other living entities and natural disturbances caused by the demigods
- He left My company to associate with the Bhattatharis, but I rescued him from their company and brought him here
- He said. "You are a fool, you have brought ill fortune upon yourself, for you have no knowledge of the existence of the two Lords, Jagannathadeva and Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, nor have you faith in Them"
- Hearing this, Sanatana Gosvami chastised his servant, saying, "Why have you brought this death knell with you"
- Her (Sakuntala) mother was Menaka, who had left her in the forest, where Kanva Muni found her. Kanva Muni brought her to his asrama, where he raised and maintained her
- Hiranyakasipu defeated the rulers of all the other planets where there are living entities and brought them under his control. Conquering the abodes of all, he seized their power and influence
- His (Dhrtarastra's) father, Vicitravirya, died long ago, when he and his younger brothers were all little children, and it was due to the care and kindness of Bhismadeva that they were properly brought up
- How many Mahesh Yogi has brought, disciples like this? This is my answer. Thousands of them are working here on my behalf. Just see their character and behavior
- Hundreds of devotees brought water in the pots, and hundreds took the empty pots away to fill them up again
- I (Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya) brought You (Lord Caitanya) to my home just to have You blasphemed. This is a great offense. Please excuse me. I beg Your pardon
- I am glad to see that my Thursday lectures have brought some changes in the mind of the young offenders. If the lectures are continued I am sure to turn these offenders into saintly characters
- I gave up Your company, but You did not give me up. By Your rope of mercy You have bound me by the neck and brought me back again to Your lotus feet
- I have brought together in one work all the pastimes performed by Lord Krsna in Vrndavana and in Dvaraka. Now I shall have to divide them into two dramas
- I have requested that these type of matters be brought before the GBC instead of me. I am trying very hard to find time to write my books, so I want to be relieved from so many questions
- I prayed like that in Sydney, I can't do anything good to them. But somehow or other I have brought them to You Sir. Now You make them Krsna conscious. Otherwise, how can I do anything? It is beyond my power
- I thought, "Oh, I cannot do this. I cannot accept this sannyasa." But My Guru Maharaja was so kind, and he is so kind still. Then he forced me, that "You must do it," taking, pulling my ear, he brought me to this line. In the beginning I was not willing
- I wanted to see both of you, and therefore I have brought the sons of the brahmana here. Both of you have appeared in the material world to reestablish religious principles, and you have both appeared here with all your potencies
- I wish that the mother's who have no husband at present should not remarry, but should dedicate their time to seeing that their children are brought up very nicely in Krishna Consciousness
- If I had been a little liberal and called it "God conscious", all rascals would have brought, "Here is my God"
- If one somehow becomes a devotee of the Supreme Lord, whatever his position, he can be brought to the position of a perfect person
- In all the standard scriptures and in yoga practice formula, the whole aim is to concentrate one's mind in the Supreme Personality of Godhead. That is called samadhi, samadhi, ecstasy. So that ecstasy is immediately brought by this chanting process
- In L.A. things are going on very nicely and just this week 40 new devotees were initiated. So the stock of japa beads I brought with me has been depleted
- In Madras we have to construct a very gorgeous temple. In Nellore the owners of the land are putting so many impossible conditions that we cannot construct. So that foundation stone can be brought to Madras and used for the Madras temple
- In the garden, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu sat down with the other devotees. Vaninatha Raya then came and brought all kinds of maha-prasadam
- In the morning Candrasekhara seated Sacimata in a palanquin and brought her from her house with many devotees
- In the Western countries, while engaged in propagating the Krsna consciousness movement, we were brought great unhappiness because we could not find tulasi leaves
- In this way all the maidservants of the goddess of fortune arrested the servants of Jagannatha, bound them around the waist and brought them before the goddess of fortune
- In this way Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu recited different verses from the sastra. The priest of Lord Nrsimhadeva then brought garlands and the remnants of the Lord's food and offered them to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- It is by the grace of Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura that I was forced to give up my family life, my so-called business life, and he brought me some way or other into preaching his gospel
- It is said that when Jagadisa Pandita brought the Deity of Jagannatha to Yasada-grama, he tied the heavy Deity to a stick and thus brought Him to the village. The priests of the temple still show the stick used by Jagadisa Pandita
- It was brought to my attention that our Sriman Hayagriva das has become deviated from the four basic principles which I have given to all my students for adherence to when they are first initiated
- Jayadratha was forced to admit himself to be the slave of Maharaja Yudhisthira before all the princely order, and in the same condition he was brought before Maharaja Yudhisthira
- Joy and sorrow, loss and gain, sin and piety, and honor and dishonor, are converted into spiritual energy by being brought into contact with the Supreme Lord
- Just as Bhagiratha brought down the Ganga and liberated his forefathers, similarly, we must bring a deluge of love of Godhead that can extricate the conditioned souls from the clutches of gross materialism
- Just as the sun disperses darkness, the appearance of a great sage like Narada disperses ignorance. When one meets Narada or his representative, a spiritual master, one is freed from all anxiety brought about by ignorance
- Just to please His dear wife, the Lord brought back the parijata tree from heaven, just as an ordinary husband would do. But Indra, the King of heaven, induced by his wives (henpecked as he was), ran after the Lord with full force to fight Him
- Kasi Misra and Tulasi, the superintendent of the temple, brought as much prasadam as five hundred men could eat. Seeing the large quantity of prasadam, which consisted of rice, cakes, sweet rice and a variety of vegetables, Caitanya was very satisfied
- Kataka is a town in Orissa situated on the Mahanadi River. When Saksi-gopala was brought from Vidyanagara in southern India, He stayed for some time at Kataka
- Krsna continued, "My dear friend (Sudama), you must have brought some presentation for Me from your home"
- Krsna fought with the soldiers of Kalayavana and killed them one after another. After this, He collected all the booty from the dead bodies, and under His direction it was loaded on bullock carts and brought back to Dvaraka
- Krsna has brought them here in Mayapur. Previously they were advanced. All of you. You are simply born because the mission was to be started
- Krsna's teacher had requested Him to bring back his dead sons, and to do so Krsna went to the place of Yamaraja to claim all of those souls who had been brought there by Yamaraja and were being kept under his control
- Lord Jagannatha was very much pleased by the sankirtana, and He brought His car to a standstill just to see the performance
- Lord Krsna assured Sudama Vipra that He would be very glad to accept the chipped rice he had brought from home, yet out of great shyness Sudama Vipra hesitated to present it to the Lord
- Lord Krsna, the all-powerful Personality of Godhead, could have brought the child back without effort, but we should always remember that He was playing the part of a human being
- Love means, just like it is said, dadati pratigrhnati. You are coming into the temple if you give something, patram puspam phalam toyam. Little things. "Krsna, I have brought You. I could not bring any very costly thing, but I've collected"
- Madhavendra Puri said, "Smear the body of Gopinatha with this camphor and sandalwood I have brought for Gopala in Vrndavana. Do this regularly every day"
- Madhvacarya brought this dancing Gopala Deity to Udupi and installed Him in the temple. To date, the followers of Madhvacarya, known as Tattvavadis, worship this Deity
- Maharaja Drupada was inimical toward Dronacarya, and thus when he attacked the Acarya, Arjuna got him arrested and brought him before Dronacarya
- Maharaja Dusyanta fell in love with Sakuntala in the forest, and Bharata was conceived. After that, Maharaja forgot his wife Sakuntala by the curse of Kanva Muni, and the child Bharata was brought up in the forest by his mother
- Maharaja Santanu, while engaged in chase in the jungle, picked up the children and brought them up to the brahminical status by the proper purificatory process
- Many have gone to the west an abroad, but no one has done what Srila Prabhupad has done. He has completely brought the Vedic culture to the West
- Many may claim that in the modern age material scientists have helped increase agricultural yield. But we fearlessly proclaim that it is precisely such atheistic views that have brought the world to the present acute food crisis
- Matali, Indra's chariot driver, brought Indra's chariot, which was drawn by one thousand horses. Indra then left his elephant and got onto the chariot
- Materialistic scientists, puffed-up by the magical changes their so-called inventions have brought about, cannot see the real potency of Godhead behind matter
- Maya means insanity. Another meaning of maya means insanity. Just like when a man becomes insane, that is false. It is expected that he should not be insane. By treatment he is brought again to his original consciousness
- Modern society is involved in various types of philanthropic works, humanitarian works and so on, but people do not know that these activities will never be successful unless Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, is brought in
- Modern society is involved in various types of philanthropic works, humanitarian works and so on, but people do not know that these activities will never be successful unless Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, is brought into the center
- More important than the body and mind is the spirit, which has been set aside without any proper culture of knowledge. As a result, the darkness of nescience has overshadowed the world and has brought about great unrest, disturbance, and distress
- Mother Yasoda brought some rope from the house and tried to tie up the child (Krsna), but she could not tie a knot due to the shortness of the rope
- Mukunda Datta continued, "After accepting the sannyasa order, Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu has come to Jagannatha Puri and has brought all of us with Him"
- Nanda Maharaj said, "Unfortunately, I have brought Him (Krsna) to Mathura, and now I see that He's embarrassed by this giant elephant named Kuvalaya. It is as though the moon of Krsna is eclipsed by the shadow of the earth"
- Nitai Guna Mani Amara, CDV 17 - Ocean of love of Godhead is a big ocean, but it was not inundated. So Nityananda Prabhu cut a canal from the ocean, and He brought the canal in every door
- Nobody is better friend than Krsna. He is always thinking how this bewildered individual soul can be brought back to home, back to Godhead
- Nrsimhananda Brahmacari said to Sivananda, "Please bring whatever cooking ingredients I want." Thus Sivananda Sena immediately brought whatever he asked for
- O Madhavendra Puri, please drink the milk I have brought. Why don't you beg some food to eat? What kind of meditation are you undergoing
- One can be brought back into Krsna consciousness from the deadly unconscious state of material life by hearing of the maha-mantra: Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare/ Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare
- One day it so happened that about ten coconuts were properly clipped and brought by a servant to offer to the Deity
- One letter you have written has been brought to my attention that on the letterhead it is printed that Hare Krishna Movement is affiliated with Sri Sanatana Dharma Sabha
- One who cannot be brought nearer to a spiritual master cannot have a sacred thread, and thus he is indicated to be a sudra
- One who takes to the path of devotional service will never be vanquished, despite all miseries of the body and mind and despite all misery brought about by other living entities and providence
- Our dear Lord (Balarama), the uncommon use of Your kusa weapon to kill Romaharsana Suta may remain as it is; because You desired to kill him, he should not be brought to life again
- Previously she (Devaki) had heard that Krsna and Balarama were so kind to Their teacher that They had brought back the teacher’s dead son from the clutches of the superintendent of death, Yamaraja
- Previously, when Sankarananda Sarasvati had returned from Vrndavana, he had brought the stone from Govardhana Hill and also the garland of conchshells
- Raghava Pandita brought the prasadam before the two brothers and thereafter distributed prasadam to all the other Vaisnavas
- Raghunatha dasa brought chipped rice, yogurt, milk, sweetmeats, sugar, bananas and other eatables and placed them all around
- Ramananda Raya then went to inform the King about his talks with Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, and, following the Lord's orders, brought the King's son to see Him
- Rudra, Lord Siva, has various forms, which are transformations brought about by association with maya. Although Rudra is not on a level with the jiva-tattvas, he still cannot be considered a personal expansion of Lord Krsna
- Samadhi, ecstasy. So that ecstasy is immediately brought by this chanting process. You begin chanting and hear for the few seconds or few minutes: you immediately become on the platform of ecstasy
- Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya brought various types of food remnants that had been left by Lord Jagannatha. He brought all kinds of cakes and condensed-milk preparations
- Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya said, "Understanding that all the devotees have come, Lord Caitanya gave the sign, and therefore Vaninatha and the others have brought such great quantities of maha-prasadam"
- Seeing the crowd increasing, Raghunatha dasa arranged to get more eatables from other villages. He also brought two to four hundred large, round earthen pots
- Simply with one hand the Supreme Personality of Godhead lifted Mandara Mountain, the demigods and the demons, placed them on the back of Garuda and brought them to the ocean of milk
- Sitting down on the ground and keeping Krsna in the center, they (the cowherd boys) began to open their lunch boxes brought from home. Lord Sri Krsna was seated in the center of the circle, and all the boys kept their faces toward Him
- Somehow or other, under the order of my Spiritual Master I have brought this cult of Krishna Consciousness and handed it over to the American boys and girls
- Someone brought water to pour into the hands of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, and someone poured water on His lotus feet
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then said, "Nityananda has cheated Me. He has brought Me to the bank of the Ganges and told Me that it was the Yamuna"
- Sri Ramananda Raya continued, "What shall I do? My mind has brought me here. I could not consider going first to Lord Jagannatha's temple"
- Sridhara Swami said, "My dear Lord, please order me to render You loving service so that I can again be brought to my original position of transcendental bliss"
- Srila Rupa Gosvami divided the wealth that he brought back home. He gave fifty percent in charity to brahmanas and Vaisnavas and twenty-five percent to his relatives
- Srimad-Bhagavatam is exactly received from the right source. It was brought by Narada Muni from the spiritual world and given to his disciple Sri Vyasadeva. The latter in turn delivered the message to his son Srila Sukadeva Gosvami
- Sukadeva Gosvami told the King, "Now hear of this secret with attention. After saving His friends from the mouth of Aghasura and killing the demon, Lord Krsna brought His friends to the bank of the Yamuna and addressed them as follows"
- Svarupa Damodara Gosvami then brought some excellent sweetmeats and, standing before the Lord, offered them to Him
- That night, all the great devotees remained in the temple, and the priests brought twelve pots of condensed milk, which they placed before Lord Nityananda Prabhu
- The activities in householder affair is that you have to get some store from the market, and they are brought in your house, and they are stocked, and in due time they are cooked, and you take your foodstuff and then go to your work
- The Bhattacarya brought large quantities of excellent food remnants blessed by Lord Jagannatha. All this prasadam was given to his own brahmana servant, along with Jagadananda and Damodara
- The Bhattacarya said, "One should eat the maha-prasadam of the Lord immediately upon receiving it, even though it is dried up, stale or brought from a distant country. One should consider neither time nor place"
- The black ointment around Her (Radharani's) eyes is Her tricky behavior with Krsna brought about by love. Her joking with Krsna and gentle smiling constitute the camphor with which She is perfumed
- The dangerous position that Krsna had accepted by lifting the hill brought tears to her eyes
- The Earth personified continued, "I have therefore brought him to surrender unto Your (Krsna's) lotus feet. I request Your Lordship to give shelter to this boy and bless him with Your lotus feet"
- The fire-god, Agni, took away the real Sita and brought her to the place of Parvati, goddess Durga. An illusory form of mother Sita was then delivered to Ravana, and in this way Ravana was cheated
- The glories of Sri Advaita Acarya are boundless, for His sincere vibrations brought about Lord Caitanya's descent upon this earth
- The Haryasvas abided by the order of Narada Muni, but when news of this was brought to Prajapati Daksa, the prajapati, instead of being happy with the actions of Narada Muni, was extremely sorrowful
- The inhabitants of Gandharvaloka prayed: Your Lordship, we ever engage in Your service by dancing and singing in dramatic performances, but this Hiranyakasipu, by the influence of his bodily strength and valor, brought us under his subjugation
- The inhabitants of the village brought to the Deity of Gopala as much food grains, ghee, yogurt and milk as they had in their village
- The King of heaven, Indra, brought a suitable sitting place for the goddess of fortune
- The King was so puffed up and impudent that he dared disrespect the great saintly personalities, and this brought him ruination
- The King, fearing that the royal physician had been killed, personally descended and brought him to consciousness
- The living entity is subjected to many tribulations brought about by air, water, fire, extreme heat, extreme cold, sunshine, excessive eating, unhealthy food, maladjustments of the three elements of the body (kapha, pitta and vayu), and so on
- The Lord, however, did not reply to their inquisitiveness, but instead immediately sent for the brahmana. An airplane sent from Vaikuntha immediately brought the brahmana into Lord Narayana's presence
- The man brought before Lord Krsna by the doorkeeper (of Sudharma assembly house) was a messenger from all these imprisoned kings. Being duly presented before the Lord, the man began to relay a message from the kings, as follows
- The matter regarding by-laws and the articles of incorporation should be definitely brought up at our annual Mayapur meeting
- The people of Mathura, who are very big capitalists, also brought various presentations and offered them before the Deity in devotional service
- The principle that only Indians and Hindus should be brought into the Vaisnava cult is a mistaken idea. There should be propaganda to bring everyone to the Vaisnava cult. The Krsna consciousness movement is meant for this purpose
- The queens brought buckets of the same liquid substances and with syringes sprinkled them on the bodies of their brothers-in-law. As they engaged in such jubilant activities, their hair fell loose, and the flowers decorating their bodies began to fall
- The room was so constructed that there was only one door opening on the outside, which served as an entrance for Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. There was another door attached to the kitchen, and it was through this door that the food was brought
- The servants and brahmana brought four hundred coins to Jagannatha Puri, and there they met Raghunatha dasa
- The sinful life of the living beings results from ignorance. To destroy that ignorance, He has brought various weapons, such as His plenary associates, His devotees and the holy name
- The sufferings of Kuntidevi are doubly lamented. She suffered greatly because of early widowhood and to get her minor children brought up in the royal family
- The superintendent of the temple then brought large quantities of prasadam, which Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu personally distributed to all the devotees
- The villagers brought a large quantity of tulasi leaves, flowers, and various kinds of garments. Then Sri Madhavendra Puri personally began the abhiseka (bathing ceremony)
- The virtuous lady Diti had been very apprehensive of trouble to the gods from the children in her womb, and her husband (Kasyapa) predicted the same. She brought forth twin sons (Hiranyaksa and Hiranyakasipu) after a full one hundred years of pregnancy
- Then a brahmana brought a flower garland, placed the garland on Nityananda Prabhu's neck and smeared sandalwood pulp all over His body
- Then Sivananda Sena again brought the ingredients with which to cook, and Pradyumna Brahmacari again cooked and offered the food to Nrsimhadeva
- These ISKCON publications are very attractive to the public, they are nicely brought out, printed on the very best presses of America and Japan
- They (gopis) did not very much like being praised for their high position. They showed their anxiety to hear the message Uddhava had brought from Krsna
- They also worshiped him with a suitable presentation of honey mixed with other ingredients. When Akrura was thus comfortably seated, Krsna and Balarama offered Him a cow in charity and then brought very palatable dishes, and Akrura accepted them
- They are perpetually conditioned in this material world and are subjected to the material tribulations brought about by different bodily forms in hellish conditions
- This brahmana brought Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu to his home, washed His lotus feet and, with his family members, drank that water
- Through Dhatreyika the matter (Jayadratha forced Draupadi to sit on his chariot) was brought to the notice of Maharaja Yudhisthira. The Pandavas then attacked the soldiers of Jayadratha and killed them all
- Thus by their influence and strength the brothers conquered all the kings in different directions, and they were able to bring in sufficient taxes and presentations, which they brought before King Yudhisthira
- To convince Priyavrata that it was necessary for him to follow the Vedic injunctions and accept the responsibility of ruling over the world, Lord Brahma also brought with him the personified Vedas, his constant associates
- To offer Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu various types of food, all the wives of the great devotees brought from home various dishes that pleased Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Uddhava continued, "I have brought a message from Krsna that He will very soon come back to Vrndavana and satisfy you by His personal presence. Krsna promised that He would come back to Vrndavana after finishing His business in Mathura"
- Uddhava did not deliver to the gopis the written message brought from Krsna, but he personally read it to them
- Vallabha Bhattacarya was struck with wonder to see Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and Raghupati Upadhyaya dance. He even brought forward his two sons and made them fall down at the Lord's lotus feet
- Vaninatha Raya and Kasi Misra then brought a large quantity of prasadam, and Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu distributed it with His own hand and fed them all
- Various foods and sweetmeats, as well as other kinds of presentations, were brought there. I am unable to describe all these
- Vasuki, being a great snake, would be natural food for Garuda, the chief of birds. Lord Visnu therefore asked Garuda to leave so that Vasuki could be brought to churn the ocean with Mandara Mountain, which was to be used as the churning rod
- Whatever extra prasadam was brought by Vaninatha Raya was taken by the other associates of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- When a servant brought betel nuts and offered them to Lord Nityananda, the Lord smiled and chewed them
- When all the maidservants brought Lord Jagannatha's servants before the lotus feet of the goddess of fortune, the Lord's servants were fined and forced to submit
- When he (Arjuna) went out to bring all other kings of the world under the subjection of the Pandavas, as was usual after the coronation of every emperor, he conquered the country named Kelinda and brought in subjugation King Bhagdutt
- When he was petitioned by mother Sita, the fire-god, Agni, brought forth an illusory form of Sita, and Ravana, who had ten heads, kidnapped the false Sita. The original Sita then went to the abode of the fire-god
- When I landed in Boston, I wrote one Bengali poetry to Krishna that I do not know why You have brought me to such a distant place where everything is opposite number, and how will I be able to convince them about this Krishna Consciousness Movement?
- When Krsna brought the bulls under His control by bridling their noses, their strength and pride were immediately smashed. The name and fame which the bulls had attained was thus vanquished
- When Krsna had been brought to Mathura, mother Yasoda, being very anxious and angry, began to rebuke the King of Mathura
- When Lord Nityananda Prabhu nearly fainted, all the devotees caught Him and steadied Him. At that time, the priest of Lord Jagannatha brought a garland that had been offered to the Deity and offered it to Nityananda Prabhu
- When Lord Ramacandra tested the body of Sita, it was the false, illusory Sita that entered the fire. At that time the fire-god brought the original Sita from his abode and delivered her to Lord Ramacandra
- When mother Yasoda was trying to bind the offending child, she saw that the binding rope was short by a distance the width of two fingers. Thus she brought another rope to join to it
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu asked who had begged the rice and brought it back, Bhagavan Acarya mentioned the name of Junior Haridasa
- When Srimati Radharani was decorated with the ornament of lalita alankara, just to increase Sri Krsna's love, an attractive curve was manifested by Her neck, knees and waist. This was brought about by Her timidity and apparent desire to avoid Krsna
- When that Supreme Personality of Godhead who is lying on the Garbhodaka Ocean entered the heart of Brahma, Brahma brought his intelligence to bear, and with the intelligence invoked he began to create the universe as it was before
- When the coconuts were brought, there was little time to offer them because it was already late. The servant, holding the container of coconuts, remained standing at the door
- When the dacoits brought Bharata Maharaja before the goddess Kali and raised a chopper to kill him, the goddess Kali became immediately alarmed due to the mistreatment of a devotee
- When the Deity was being installed, nine hundred pots of water were brought from Govinda-kunda. There were musical sounds of bugles and drums and the singing of women
- When the demigods had disappeared, Bali Maharaja, the son of Virocana, entered the heavenly kingdom, and from there he brought the three worlds under his control
- When the illusory Sita was brought before the fire by Lord Ramacandra, the fire-god made the illusory form disappear and delivered the real Sita to Lord Ramacandra
- When the King heard that the Lord was leaving that evening, he immediately made arrangements for some elephants with small tents on their backs to be brought there. Then all the ladies of the palace got on the elephants
- When the Lord embraced the King, the King again and again offered prayers and obeisances. In this way, the Lord's mercy brought tears from the King, and the Lord's body was bathed with these tears
- When the prostitute agreed to associate with him (a brahmana who was suffering from leprosy), the wife brought her the leprotic husband
- When the villagers brought their stock of rice, dhal and flour, the potters of the village brought all kinds of cooking pots, and in the morning the cooking began
- Whenever the government disrespects the supremacy of the Personality of Godhead and fails to protect the institution of varnasrama-dharma, it will certainly have to face such catastrophes as formerly brought about by Lord Parasurama
- While Sri Krsna was thinking like this, Salva brought before Him in custody a man exactly resembling Vasudeva, His father. These were all creations of the mystic power of Salva
- While the King and Mukunda dasa were conversing, a servant brought a fan made of peacock feathers to shade the King's head from the sun. Consequently he held the fan above the King’s head
- With great pleasure, King Nagnajit brought his daughter Satya before Krsna and handed her over to Him. Krsna also immediately accepted Satya as His wife. Then there was a marriage ceremony with great pomp
- With great strength, the demons and demigods, who were all very powerful and who had long, stout arms, uprooted Mandara Mountain. Crying very loudly, they brought it toward the ocean of milk
- Without waiting another second (when Kurus saw their city was falling into Ganges) they brought forward their daughter Laksmana. They also brought Samba, who had forcibly tried to take her away, keeping him in the forefront with Laksmana at his back
- Yamaraja is mahajana in this sense: All the sinful living entities are brought before him, and according to the gravity of criminality, sinful action, he punishes. Just like magistrate
- Yamaraja returned the boy to the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and Krsna and Balarama brought him to his father. The brothers asked if Their teacher had anything more to ask from Them, but he replied, "My dear sons, You have done enough for me"
- You are brought up in a different standard in Europe and America, and in India it may be difficult because you haven't got all the facilities. But you learn tolerance. Execute Krsna consciousness. That should be our business
- You have brought great beauty and harmony to our community through your love and devotion
- You have no experience in your country. In India still there are snake charmers. If one is bitten by a snake he remains unconscious. By mantra he can be brought into consciousness, in life