Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
bride | brides | bride's
Pages in category "Bride"
The following 27 pages are in this category, out of 27 total.
- According to the Vedic system, when a girl is married, she is very profusely and gorgeously decorated with costly saris and jewelry, and during the marriage ceremony the bride circumambulates the bridegroom seven times
- According to Vedic convention, there are eight kinds of marriage. In the first-class marriage system, the parents of the bride and bridegroom arrange the marriage date
- After this (during the marriage ceremony the bride circumambulates the bridegroom seven times), the bridegroom and bride look at one another and become attracted for life
- All things befitting the marriage ceremony of an emperor's daughter were awarded to Kardama Muni, who was until now observing celibacy as a brahmacari. The bride, Devahuti, was very richly dressed with ornaments and clothing
- As stated in the Vedic scriptures, the first-class process is to call the bridegroom to the home of the bride and hand her to him in charity with a dowry of necessary ornaments, gold, furniture and other household paraphernalia
- I am in due receipt of your invitation letter and I am very glad that your daughter Kum Kum is going to be married. Please convey all my blessings to the bride and bridegroom
- In royal style, the bridegroom goes to the house of the bride, and in the presence of brahmanas, priests and relatives, the bride is given in charity to the bridegroom. Besides this, there are other systems, such as the gandharva and raksasa marriages
- In the Vedic system of marriage, the bride's father receives the large party of the bridegroom and accommodates them in a suitable place for two or three days until the marriage ceremony is performed
- In the Vedic way of marriage a dowry is still given to the bridegroom by the father of the bride; even in poverty-stricken India there are marriages where hundreds and thousands of rupees are spent for a dowry
- The bride and bridegroom were ceremoniously seated on the chariot, and they started for Dvaraka, accompanied by the bridegroom’s party
- The ceremony should be observed by chanting Hare Krishna before the fire, offering the clarified butter with the word Saha, and the bride and groom should exchange their garlands before the Lord Krishna deity and promise not to be separated in life
- The custom of giving one's daughter in charity with a dowry is still current in India. The gifts are given according to the position of the father of the bride
- The svayamvara is a ceremony in which the bride can select her own husband from an assembly of many princes
- There is a story. A bridegroom was selected. So, the other party, bride's party, they inquired how the bridegroom was quite qualified. So they said, "He's a doctor." Then they inquired, "What kind of doctor? Doctor of philosophy, doctor of medicine or"
- This custom of a would-be bride's going to the temple of a demigod is still practiced in India. As the procession continued, various musical sounds were heard
- When a ksatriya prince is married, at least a dozen maidservants of similar age are given along with the bride. After giving the cows & maidservants, the King enriched the dowry by giving 9,000 elephants and a hundred times more chariots than elephants
- When the bridegroom finds the bride very beautiful, the attraction between them immediately becomes very strongly fixed
- While Krsna was traveling to Dvaraka, all the frustrated and defeated princes encircled Him and began to shower their arrows on the bridal party