Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
bow | bowed | bowing | bows
This category is for the verb "bow", as in "bow down before the Deity".
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Pages in category "Bow (verb)"
The following 99 pages are in this category, out of 99 total.
- A son is surrendering to his father. It is quite natural. There is no insult. Father is always superior. So if I touch the feet of my father, if I bow down before my father, it is glory. It is glorious for me
- A yogi should similarly meditate on the most benevolent smile of Lord Sri Hari, a smile which, for all those who bow to Him, dries away the ocean of tears caused by intense grief
- Absorbed in emotional love, he sat in my courtyard, and all the Vaisnavas bowed down at his feet
- Actually, this large lizard was King Nrga, and when questionedthe Supreme Personality of Godhead he immediately bowed down before the Lord, touching to the ground the helmet on his head, which was as dazzling as the sunshine
- Advaita Acarya, Lord Nityananda, Srivasa Pandita, Gadadhara Pandita, Svarupa Damodara, Murari Gupta, Haridasa Thakura and all the other devotees of Sri Krsna Caitanya - bowing down with devotion, I (Krsnadasa Kaviraja) hold their lotus feet on my head
- After finishing His bathing and ritualistic ceremonies at Gangasagara, Lord Balarama proceeded toward the mountain known as Mahendra Parvata, where He met Parasurama, an incarnation of Lord Krsna, and offered Him respect by bowing down before Him
- After this (hearing Krsna speak to them), the demigods circumambulated the Lord many times and bowed down before Him again and again, and thus they left. The Lord remained bound up with ropes to the grinding mortar
- Although for the moment he (Akrura) was bewildered, he retained his clear consciousness and bowed down his head before the Lord. With folded hands and faltering voice, he began to offer prayers to the Lord
- Amsuman circumambulated Kapila Muni and offered Him respectful obeisances, bowing his head
- As soon as he saw Lord Krsna and Balarama in his presence, he and all his family members stood up from their seats and bowed down at the lotus feet of the Lords
- As stated in the Bhagavad-gita, one has to think of Krsna always, one has to render loving service to Krsna always, and one always has to worship and bow down before Krsna. By this process only can one enter into the kingdom of God, without any doubt
- Because all of them ( Bhismadeva, Dhrtarastra, Dronacarya, Duryodhana and Bahlika) knew the exalted position of Lord Balarama as the Supreme Personality of Godhead, they bowed their heads before the Lord with great respect
- Because Damodara Maharaja is offended, so Acyutananda Maharaja should go to Damodara and beg his forgiveness, and bow and touch his feet
- Because he (Romaharsana Suta) was seated on the vyasasana, he foolishly thought himself greater than the Lord; therefore he did not get down from his seat or bow down before the Lord
- Because Romaharsana was seated on the vyasasana, he foolishly thought himself greater than the Lord; therefore he did not get down from his seat or bow down before the Lord (Balarama)
- Bhima and Arjuna embraced the Lord because they were of the same age, but Nakula and Sahadeva bowed down before the Lord because they were younger than He
- But because later on the crow (Indra) bowed down before the Lord, He excused his offense
- By hearing the sound of Krsna's flute they (Lord Siva, Lord Brahma, and Indra) humbly bow down and become grave from studying the sound vibrated
- He (Akrura) offered nice clothing, flowers and sandalwood pulp in regular worship. All three of them (Krsna, Balarama, and Uddhava) were very satisfied by Akrura's behavior. Akrura then bowed down before Krsna, putting his head on the ground
- He (King Bhagiratha) was so humble that he respectfully bowed down before them
- He (Sudhama) was thinking, “How can I offer such an insignificant thing to Krsna?” and he simply bowed his head
- His Holiness Swami Sadananda, my German god-brother may come to see you. When he comes, offer your respect by bowing down as you do unto me
- If one is able to do nothing more, he can simply bow down before the Lord and His representative and drink the caranamrta, the water which has washed the lotus feet of the Lord (Krsna) or His devotee
- If you artificially think that "I'm not going to bow down anyone. I am independent," then you suffer. Simply you have to seek out the proper place where you have to bow down. That's all
- If you don't bow down to Krsna and His representative, then you will be forced to bow down something else, maya. That is your position. You cannot be free at any moment. But you'll feel... Just like a child
- In his disturbed condition, he began to pray to these clouds, and he expressed his jubilation by bowing down before them
- In the Naradiya Purana there is a statement about bowing down and offering respect to the Deity
- It had happened that when King Jarasandha conquered all other kingdoms, many kings did not bow their heads before Jarasandha, and consequently all of them, numbering twenty thousand, were arrested and made his prisoners
- It is not your disease or my disease. Everyone's disease is this, that "Why shall I bow down? Why shall I become subordinate?" But nature is forcing me to become subordinate. Now who wants to meet death? Why people are dying?
- It is said there, "A person who has performed a great ritualistic sacrifice and a person who has simply offered his respectful obeisances by bowing down before the Lord cannot be held as equals"
- It is the acarya's duty to spread a bona fide religious system and induce everyone to bow down before the Supreme Lord
- Nalakuvara & Manigriva said: May our hands and other limbs be engaged in Your service and our minds always be concentrated at Your lotus feet and our heads always bowed down before the all-pervading universal form of Your Lordship
- No one can attain the perfectional stage of devotional service without bowing down before exalted devotees. Learned sages like Markandeya Rsi attained perfection in devotional service simply by executing such regulative principles of service
- Not only was Raghunatha dasa Gosvami chanting a fixed number of rounds, but he had also taken a vow to bow down many times and offer obeisances to the Lord
- One gopi told mother Yasoda, "When He (Krsna) plays (the flute), either in the morning or in the evening, all the demigods, including Lord Siva, Brahma, Indra and Candra, bow their heads and listen with great attention"
- One should accept the instructions of the Supreme Personality of Godhead by bowing down at the lotus feet of the Lord
- One should learn to bow down immediately upon seeing the Deity or the spiritual master. 6) As soon as one visits a temple of Lord Krsna, one must stand up
- One should not avoid bowing down before the Deity. 4) One should not enter the temple to worship the Lord without having washed his hands and feet after eating. 5) One should not enter the temple in a contaminated state
- One should not bow down on one hand. 7) One should not circumambulate in front of Sri Krsna. (The process of circumambulating the temple is that one should begin circumambulating from the Deity's right-hand side of the temple and come round
- Out of great sadness, the gopis began to breathe very heavily. Instead of looking at Krsna face to face, they bowed their heads and looked at the ground, and they began to draw various types of curved lines on the ground with their toes
- Out of the broken, fallen trees came two great personalities, shining like blazing fire. All sides became illuminated & beautiful by their presence. The two personalities immediately came before child Krsna & bowed down to offer their respects & prayers
- Please just touch your (the gopis') foreheads with folded palms and bow down before the demigod Varuna in order to be excused from this offensive act (going naked in the river Yamuna)
- Prahlad Maharaj said that no one can attain the perfectional stage of devotional service without bowing down before exalted devotees
- Since Krsna appeared within this material world to manifest His pastimes as a human being, He and Arjuna immediately offered their respects to Lord Maha-Visnu by bowing down before Him
- Siva, the greatest of the demigods, could not help him, what to speak of the lesser demigods, & therefore the Siva-jvara ultimately surrendered unto Krsna, bowing before Him and offering a prayer so that the Lord might be pleased and give him protection
- Skanda Purana said, "Tulasi is auspicious in all respects. Simply by seeing, simply by touching, simply by remembering, simply by praying to, simply by bowing before, simply by hearing about or simply by sowing this tree, there is always auspiciousness"
- So far as the bowing down in Deity worship, before opening the door you should bow down. Then turn on the light and bow down again. There is no restriction on bowing down
- Something done in Krsna consciousness, knowing or not knowing, it will have its effect. These children who are bowing down, or trying to vibrate "Krsna", or clap, these things are being accumulated in bank account of Krsna consciousness
- Sri Yamunacarya praises Krsna's power of forgiveness with the following statement: "My dear Lord Ramacandra, You are so merciful to have excused the crow's clawing on the nipples of Janaki simply because of his bowing down before You"
- Srutadeva, a brahmana from the country called Mithila in northern India, became so overpowered with joy as soon as he saw Krsna that immediately after bowing to the Lord's lotus feet he stood up and began to dance, raising his two arms above his head
- That is the disease. We are forced to bow down and we think that "I don't like to bow down." This is the disease
- The clear consciousness of the cognizant living being is God consciousness, in which one bows down unto Him in all circumstances
- The common man, who is expected to become at least a third-class devotee, is advised to visit the temple of the Lord and bow down before the Deity, even though he may be a very rich man or even a king with a silk turban or crown
- The cows especially, being much aggrieved from the heavy rain, bowed down their heads, and taking their calves underneath their bodies, they approached the Supreme Personality of Godhead to take shelter of His lotus feet
- The function of the ear can be perfected simply by engagement in hearing the transcendental activities of the Lord, and the function of the head can be fully utilized when the head is engaged in bowing down before the Lord and His representative
- The great devotee Citraketu was so powerful that he was quite competent to curse mother Parvati in retaliation, but instead of doing so he very humbly accepted the curse and bowed his head before Lord Siva and his wife
- The great sage Agastya used to live there, and Lord Balarama visited him and offered His respects by bowing down before him
- The heavenly King, Indra, upon being defeated in his fight with Krsna for possession of the parijata flower, became very bashful because of his defeat. He was standing before Krsna, bowing down his head, when Krsna said
- The inhabitants of Vrndavana wanted their minds to be always fixed upon His (Krsna's) lotus feet, their words to be always engaged in glorifying Him, and their bodies to be always engaged in bowing down
- The inhabitants of Vrndavana wanted their minds to be always fixed upon His (Krsna's) lotus feet, their words to be always engaged in glorifying Him, and their bodies to be always engaged in bowing down as they constantly remembered Him
- The main business of human society is to think of the Supreme Personality of Godhead at all times, to become His devotees, to worship the Supreme Lord and to bow down before Him
- The neophyte or third-class devotee, can bow his head before the Deity in the temple and before the spiritual master, who is the direct manifestation of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- The neophyte stage, in the intermediate stage or in the fully advanced, perfected stage, one can make the function of the head perfect by bowing down before the Lord or His representative
- The person who has once offered respects, bowing down before the Deity, will not again come back to this world, because he will go directly to the abode of Krsna
- The plants, creepers and trees were full of fruits and flowers due to ecstatic love of Krsna. Indeed, being so full, they were bowing down. They were inspired by such deep love for Krsna that they were constantly pouring showers of honey
- The priests, who were even worshiped by King Nabhi, the Emperor of Bharata-varsa, offered prayers in prose (generally they were in poetry) and bowed down at the Lord's lotus feet
- The system of bowing the head to the ground to show respect to superiors is an excellent etiquette which obliges the honored guest deep into the heart
- The upper portion of the body, though crowned with a silk turban, is only a heavy burden if not bowed down before the Personality of Godhead who can award mukti - freedom
- Then he (the brahmana) offered his respectful obeisances by bowing down before the Lord. After finishing the dressing he began to imagine that he was cleaning the temple very nicely
- They (Four Kumaras) went to visit the Lord of Vaikuntha-loka in the spiritual sky, and when they bowed down before the Lord, the aroma of the tulasi, mixed with saffron, entered their nostrils and immediately attracted their minds
- They (many of the demigods and all the Siddhas, Caranas and Gandharvas) were all bowing down before the Lord (Krsna). He also saw Lord Sesa Naga, with thousands of hoods
- They bow down like stick. This is called dandavat. Danda means "stick"; vat means "like." When you fall down, just like a stick falls, before superior, that is called dandavat. Not by simply saying dandavat... Eh, one must fall down
- We have to find out "Where I shall be happy even by bowing down?" That is Krsna. Your bowing down will not be stopped, because you are meant for that. But if you bow down to Krsna and Krsna's representative, you become happy
- When everyone laughed, Duryodhana felt very insulted, and his bodily hairs stood up in anger. Being thus insulted, he immediately left the palace, bowing his head. He was silent and did not protest
- When he (Arjuna) bowed at his feet, the King (Yudhisthira) saw that his dejection was unprecedented. His head was down, and tears glided from his lotus eyes
- When Krsna, Balarama and Uddhava approached the house of Akrura, Akrura came forward, embraced Uddhava and offered respectful obeisances, bowing down before Lord Krsna and Balarama
- When present before Krsna, they (Krsna's sons) bowed down on the ground. They were very silent and steady, and they used to restrain coughing and laughing before the Lord
- When Vasudeva was convinced that the newborn child was the Supreme Personality of Godhead Himself, he bowed down with folded hands and began to offer Him prayers
- Whenever an acarya is seen, one should immediately bow down before him. Prthu Maharaja did this properly; therefore the words used here are prasrayanata-kandharah. Out of humility, he bowed down before the Kumaras
- While She was talking like this in a dream, She suddenly awoke and saw some of Her superiors standing before Her. Thus Radharani became ashamed and bowed Her head. This is an instance of alertness after awakening from sleep
- With folded hands she began to bow down to the trees, asking them, "What is the medicinal herb which can check Krsna's dying from this poisonous water?" This is an instance of insanity caused by some great danger
- With great love and affection she (Sudama's wife) bowed down before her husband (Sudama), and within herself she thought of embracing him
- Within the mind he is always thinking of Krsna, and with his body he is either offering obeisances by bowing down before the Deity or is engaging in some other service. During these ecstatic activities he sometimes sheds tears
- You are bowing down to everyone. You are bowing down to death, you are bowing down to disease, you are bowing down to old age. You are bowing down to so many things. You are forced. And still you are thinking that "I cannot bow down. I don't like"
- You cannot declare that "I am free. I am not subordinate." If you are wishing that "I don't wish to be subordinate, don't wish to bow down," that is your disease