Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
blaze | blazed | blazes | blazing
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Blazing"
The following 38 pages are in this category, out of 38 total.
- According to Ayur-vedic sastra, we understand that there is a fire in the stomach which digests all food sent there. When the fire is not blazing there is no hunger, and when the fire is in order we become hungry
- Arjuna, his eyes blazing in anger like two red balls of copper, dexterously arrested the son of Gautami and bound him with ropes like an animal
- Because of the power of his severe austerities, all the rivers and oceans were agitated, the surface of the globe, with its mountains and islands, began trembling, and the stars and planets fell. All directions were ablaze
- By careful handling of the smoke in the fire, fire can be made to blaze. Therefore the human form of life is a chance for the living entity to escape the entanglement of material existence
- If a yogi looks upon the marks of the Lord's sole and on the blazing brilliance of His nails, then he can be freed from the darkness of ignorance in material existence
- In the Vedic culture there is a system known as sati or saha-marana, in which a woman dies with her husband. According to this system, if the husband dies, the wife will voluntarily die by falling in the blazing funeral pyre of her husband
- It is stated by Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura that Krsna saved the cowherd boys from the blazing forest fire within a second, while their eyes were closed
- Krishna Consciousness is lying dormant in every living entity, just like fire is dormant within a match. If we simply strike the match, then the fire within will come in blazing light. Our method of striking the match is Hare Krishna mantra
- Krsna, accompanied by Uddhava and Satyaki, would ride on the chariot just as the sun-god rides on his chariot in the morning, appearing with his blazing rays on the surface of the world
- O Lord of lords (Krsna), O refuge of the worlds, please be gracious to me (Arjuna). I cannot keep my balance seeing thus Your blazing deathlike faces and awful teeth. In all directions I am bewildered
- One is enjoined to sit within a circle of fire, with flames blazing from four sides and the sun blazing directly overhead. This is one kind of panca-tapah recommended for austerity
- Some sparks fall to the ground and remain midway between the blazing and extinct conditions
- Sometimes, while participating in ceremonies celebrating Krsna's pastimes, or in the society of devotees, there is dancing ecstasy. Such sentiments are called blazing
- Struck by the demon's (Hiranyaksa) mace, however, the Lord's mace slipped from His hand and looked splendid as it fell down whirling. This was miraculous, for the mace was blazing wonderfully
- The blazing fire of material existence is due to false ego, but as soon as the false ego is removed, one can understand his real identity
- The city's superintendent of police, the serpent, saw that the citizens were being attacked by Kalakanya, and he became very aggrieved to see his own residence set ablaze after being attacked by the Yavanas
- The dissolution of the three worlds is effected by the incarnation of darkness, Rudra, represented by the fire of eternal time which blazes over the three worlds
- The example is being given in this connection that when there is a forest fire the extensive blazing automatically kills all the snakes in the forest
- The gopis said, "Instead of engaging our hearts in family affairs as women, we have now developed a different type of lust which is continually blazing in our hearts"
- The ornaments decorating Her body are the blazing ecstasies of goodness and the constantly existing ecstasies, headed by jubilation. All these ecstasies are the ornaments all over Her body
- The people replied, "Krsna has again manifested Himself on the waters of Kaliya Lake. He dances on the hoods of the serpent Kaliya, and the jewels on those hoods are blazing"
- The rays of the sun are declining, and the stars appear to be fighting amongst themselves. Confused living entities appear to be ablaze and weeping
- These three degrees (smoky, blazing and shining) are experienced for many, many years and extend to different parts of the body
- These transcendental ecstatic symptoms gradually develop, and in the course of such development, they are sometimes called smoky, sometimes called blazing, and sometimes called shining
- Thinking in this way, Lord Krsna was curious to taste that love. His eager desire for that love increasingly blazed in His heart
- This material world is sometimes regarded as an ocean of nescience and sometimes as a blazing forest
- This world is just like blazing fire. People realize it. And when they do not find any solution, they become frustrated, they become confused, they take to intoxication to forget the blazing condition of life
- When Bali Maharaja saw the expert military activities of Indra, he could not restrain his anger. Thus he took up another weapon, known as sakti, which blazed like a great firebrand. But Indra cut that weapon to pieces while it was still in Bali's hand
- When fire, being made to blaze by the wind, drinks of this river (the river named Hataki, situated on Vitalaloka) and then sizzles and spits it out, it produces gold called Hataka
- When several such ecstatic symptoms are visible, the condition is called blazing. For example, some of Krsna's friends told Him