Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
befit | befits | befitted | befitting | befittingly
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Befitting Krsna (1 P)
Pages in category "Befitting"
The following 50 pages are in this category, out of 50 total.
- A person initiated into the Vaisnava cult should be offered the respect befitting a Vaisnava, which means that he should be offered service and prayers. However, one should not associate with him if he is not a fit person with whom to associate
- After an exchange of greetings according to the social etiquette befitting the position of the Pandavas and Lord Krsna, Krsna was offered an exalted seat
- After taking their baths and dressing very nicely, the kings appeared happy and gentle. Then they were supplied nice food. Lord Krsna supplied everything for their comfort, as befitting their royal positions
- Akrura was Krsna's uncle; therefore, when he came back to Dvaraka, Lord Krsna first of all gave him a welcome befitting a superior person. Krsna is the Supersoul in everyone and knows everything going on in everyone's heart
- All of you assembled here are gentlemen. Please judge whether it is befitting to offer this poor brahmana my father's daughter
- All things befitting the marriage ceremony of an emperor's daughter were awarded to Kardama Muni, who was until now observing celibacy as a brahmacari. The bride, Devahuti, was very richly dressed with ornaments and clothing
- Anarya-justam, "not at all befitting a man who knows the progressive values of life." Aryan. Aryan means who are progressive. So this dejection of Arjuna in the battlefield is described as befitting a non-Aryan
- I am very glad to see your enthusiasm in the matter of starting a Krishna Consciousness primary school in New Vrindaban and it will be just befitting that you become the head-mistress of the school
- If the host is a poor man, he should at least offer a straw mat as a sitting place and a glass of water to drink. Krsna and Balarama welcomed Akrura in a way just befitting his exalted position
- It is not befitting that the guru's servant (Govinda dasa) should engage in My personal service. Yet My spiritual master has given this order. What shall I (Lord Caitanya) do?
- It is the duty of parents to hand over their daughters to suitable persons just befitting their family tradition in cleanliness, gentle behavior, wealth, social position, etc
- Kaliya attempted to bite him, and Garuda, the son of Tarksya, in great anger and with the great force befitting the carrier of Lord Visnu, struck the body of Kaliya with his effulgent golden wings
- Krsna replied, "You (Kings) all belong to ksatriya families. Therefore, you should live honestly, according to the prescribed duties befitting the royal order, and make your citizens happy in all respects. Keep to the standard of ksatriya life"
- Krsna said - My dear Arjuna, how have these impurities come upon you? They are not at all befitting a man who knows the value of life. They lead not to higher planets but to infamy
- Krsna says, "It is (varnasrama) introduced by Me for very good management of the social order." Brahmana, ksatriya, vaisya, sudra. So Arjuna belonged to the ksatriya family. Therefore his hesitation to fight in the battlefield is not befitting the Aryans
- Krsna says: "My dear Arjuna, you are My friend, personal friend, and you are proposing this, which is befitting to the anarya"
- Krsna went on speaking, "Your coming here to see Me, neglecting all the restrictions and hindrances of relatives, fathers, brothers and husbands, is completely befitting"
- O hero (Svayambhuva Manu), your example is quite befitting a son in relationship with his father. This sort of adoration for the superior is required
- One who is puffed up by material acquisitions cannot acquire the gentle behavior befitting a brahmana. The learning of such a person is as good as a valuable jewel decorating the hood of a serpent
- Siva-jvara said, "Considering Your (Krsna's) mission of maintaining such (maintain the demigods and spiritually inclined persons) law and order, Your violence toward the miscreants and demons is quite befitting"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu washed and cleansed the Gundica temple with His devotees and associates. In this way He made it as cool and bright as His own heart, and thus He made the temple a befitting place for Lord Sri Krsna to sit
- Sukadeva Gosvami, equally intelligent, as befitting the spiritual master of Maharaja Pariksit, answered the King and confirmed that his statement concerning atonement was correct
- The gesture now adopted by Maharaja Pariksit of questioning a master is quite befitting in terms of scriptural injunctions
- The grandsire of the Kuru dynasty (Bhisma) could understand the inner meaning of the heart of his grandson Duryodhana, and out of his natural compassion for him he tried to cheer him by blowing his conchshell very loudly, befitting his position as a lion
- The language and tone used by Balarama are simply abusive, and due to the influence of this age it appears that the shoes befitting the feet want to rise to the top of the head, where the helmet is worn
- The Nagapatnis began to offer prayers as follows: "O dear Lord, You are equal to everyone. For You there is no distinction between Your sons, friends or enemies. Therefore the punishment which You have so kindly offered to Kaliya is exactly befitting"
- The palace was excellent in its puzzling artistic workmanship and was befitting the position of great princes, kings or leaders of the demons
- The personified Vedas continued, "Although it is not befitting to say that You do not know Yourself, it is practical to understand that because You have unlimited qualities and energies"
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead (Balarama) therefore solved the problem in a manner befitting His exalted position
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead said: My dear Arjuna, how have these impurities come upon you? They are not at all befitting a man who knows the value of life. They lead not to higher planets but to infamy
- The wives of the brahmanas replied, "Dear Lord, this sort of instruction does not befit You. Your eternal promise is that You will always protect Your devotees, and now You must fulfill this promise"
- These words are very astonishing but quite befitting the Age of Kali; otherwise how could Balarama speak so vituperatively?
- This contradictory treatment by Krsna is just befitting His position, because in all the Vedic literature He is described as the complete independent
- Unalloyed love of Krsna is like an ocean of happiness. If someone gets one drop of it, the whole world can drown in that drop. It is not befitting to express such love of Godhead, yet a madman must speak. But even though he speaks, no one believes him
- Upon seeing the ecstatic loving symptoms manifest in Madhavendra Puri, the priest was struck with wonder. He could understand why Krsna had become so much obliged to him, and he saw that Krsna's action was befitting
- Washington is the capitol of the U.S.A., so your center should be just befitting the position of Washington
- We (the Kurus) have allowed the Yadu dynasty to use the royal insignias like the whisk, fan, conchshell, white umbrella, crown, royal throne, sitting place and bedstead, along with everything else befitting the royal order
- When Lord Krsna finally reappeared among the assembled gopis, He looked very beautiful, just befitting a person with all kinds of opulences
- When Prahlada Maharaja was offered benediction by Nrsimha-deva, due to his great devotion and tolerance he refused to accept any benediction from the Lord, thinking that such acceptance was not befitting a sincere devotee