Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
beat | beaten | beater | beaters | beating | beats
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Beating"
The following 75 pages are in this category, out of 75 total.
- Any process you accept, rejecting devotional service, the result will be that there is no profit. You simply labor for nothing, as much as to beat the husk, you'll never get the rice, you will simply be tiresome, that's all
- Beat with shoes
- Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati used to say that to control the mind one should beat it with shoes many times just after awakening and again before going to sleep
- Haridasa Thakura is exceptional for his forbearance because although he was beaten with canes in twenty-two marketplaces, he was nevertheless tolerant
- In front of our residence there was another neighbor. So the old man had his daughter-in-law. So she was beating her one child
- A government official who poorly administers justice, or who punishes an innocent man, is taken by the assistants of Yamaraja to the hell known as Sukaramukha, where he is mercilessly beaten
- After taking Their baths and finishing all other morning duties, Krsna and Balarama could hear the beating of the kettledrums in the wrestling arena. They immediately prepared Themselves to proceed to the spot to see the fun
- All the cowherd boyfriends of Krsna and Balarama approached Them and congratulated Them with great pleasure. While trumpets resounded and drums were beaten, the leg bells on the feet of Krsna and Balarama tinkled
- All the maidservants began to beat the Ratha car with sticks, and they treated the servants of Lord Jagannatha almost like thieves
- And what is the main business of material nature? Just to beat you with shoes. That is nature. Therefore we are suffering in this material world. Because we have taken shelter of the material nature
- As Queen Draupadi and King Yudhisthira were taking their avabhrtha bath, the citizens of Hastinapura as well as the demigods began to beat on drums and blow trumpets out of feelings of happiness, and there was a shower of flowers from the sky
- At last Bhima caught hold of Jayadratha and beat him very severely, almost dead. Then all but five hairs were cut off his head and he was taken to all the kings and introduced as the slave of Maharaja Yudhisthira
- Being baffled at not finding a match, I (Banasura) satisfy the itching of my arms by beating them against the mountains. In this way, I tear many great mountains to pieces
- Both parties (the demons and the demigods) in that fight were extremely angry at heart, and in enmity they beat one another with swords, arrows and varieties of other weapons
- Brahma said, "A little quantity of paddy can be husked by the grinding wheel, and one can gain some grains of rice, but if the skin of the paddy has already been beaten by the wheel, there is no further gain in beating even a huge quantity of the husk"
- Brahma said, "The attempt of persons who are interested only in speculative knowledge is simply wasted labor, like the labor of a person who attempts to gain something by beating an empty husk of rice paddy"
- Children should not be beaten at all, that I have told. They should simply be shown the stick strongly. So if one cannot manage in that way then he is not fit as teacher. If a child is trained properly in Krishna Consciousness, he will never go away
- Crazy fellow, they're trancing, dancing and beating some drum
- Haridasa was punished at the hands of the Kazi by being beaten in twenty-two marketplaces. Similarly, Lord Jesus Christ was crucified, and Prahlada Maharaja was put through so many tribulations
- He (Krsna) knows that he'll (the individual soul) suffer. Therefore sometimes conscience beats. We sometimes inquire from our conscience. Conscience says, "No, don't do this." But still we do it. Still we do... That is our avidya
- He only gains troublesome and inauspicious activities. His endeavors are like beating a husk that is already devoid of rice. His labor becomes fruitless
- Her (Putana's) abdomen seemed like a dried-up lake. All the cowherd men and women became struck with awe and wonder upon seeing this. And the tumultuous sound of her falling shocked their brains and ears and made their hearts beat strongly
- I have heard that there as been some beating with sticks on the children. Of course I do not know, but that should not be
- I know, our men in Krsna consciousness, they are bold enough. They have sometimes been, I mean to say, beaten in the airport
- I thought, 'Instead of going to Vrndavana alone, I am going with soldiers and the beating of drums'
- I want that you approach Navayogendra with all humility and ask his forgiveness for the beating. In this way you can rectify things. You must bring them back
- If one does not ordinarily take care, outlaw, then he'll be put into the prison house and by force, by beating, by punishment, he has to accept: "Yes, yes, I accept"
- If one endeavors simply to achieve knowledge of the Absolute Truth or the Supersoul but has no devotional service, he labors without gaining the real result. This is compared to beating the husks of wheat after the grains have already been removed
- In spite of being beaten with burning logs, the serpent was not about to give up swallowing Nanda Maharaja
- In this ecstasy of devotional service (in compassion) there are sometimes symptoms like regret, heavy breathing, crying, falling on the ground and beating upon one's chest
- In this material condition, we are serving our whims, kama. Sometimes I become angry and I serve my anger - I beat others. That means I am serving anger. I am serving my lust. I am serving my greediness
- Indeed, the caudhuri was afraid of Raghunatha dasa because Raghunatha dasa belonged to the kayastha community. Although the caudhuri would chastise him with oral vibrations, he was afraid to beat him
- Indra, the King of the demigods, threw his club at Vrtrasura, but Vrtrasura was such a great hero that he easily caught the club with his left hand and used it to beat Indra's elephant
- It is stated in the Bhagavatam that such engagement (the analytical study of the nature of things as they are) is something like husking a paddy. There is no use beating the husk if the grain has already been removed
- It so happened that when this very cobbler came to his former house, his former sons and grandsons beat him with shoes. Unless the karmis and jnanis become interested in KC, they will simply continue to waste their life in fruitless activities
- Laksmana said, "At that time the vibration of ‘Jaya! Jaya!’ was heard all over the world, and from the sky came sounds of drums beaten by the denizens of heaven"
- Long ago, when Lord Siva was dancing in his celebrated fashion called tandava-nrtya, for which he is known as Nataraja, Banasura helped Lord Siva in his dancing by rhythmically beating drums with his one thousand hands
- Radharani said, "'If by chance the transcendental form of Krsna comes before My path of vision, My heart, injured from being beaten, will be stolen away by Cupid, happiness personified"'
- Roaring like a thundering cloud, in great anger the demon began to beat Pradyumna with his club, just as a thunderbolt beats a mountain. Pradyumna protected himself with his own club and eventually struck the demon very severely
- Sankara advised that do not try to exact favorable conclusions by beating the Sastras, but be submissive to Lord Govinda and worship Him
- So if there is beating of child, that will be difficult for him to accept in loving spirit, and when he is old enough he may want to go away, that is the danger
- Students of Vedic literature who do not have Krsna consciousness simply beat around the bush and do not get any final profit because they have no clear knowledge of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- The caudhuri wanted to beat him, but as soon as he saw Raghunatha’s face, his mind changed, and he could not beat him
- The clouds in personified form beat various types of drums, known as mrdangas, panavas, murajas and anakas. They also blew conchshells and bugles known as gomukhas and played flutes and stringed instruments
- The denizens of the upper planets showered flowers, beat drums, played different types of flutes and sang various prayers and songs. In this way, all the denizens of heaven, such as the Gandharvas, Siddhas and demigods, became very much pleased
- The elephants, being beaten by the elephant-goad, were crying, but still the car would not move. The assembled people cried out, "Alas"
- The gorilla, being bereft of all trees and stone slabs, now stood before Balarama and waved his strong fists. Then, with great force, he began to beat Lord Balarama's chest with his fists. This time Lord Balarama became most angry
- The Supreme Lord cannot have any enemy, nor can a so-called enemy harm Him because He is ajita, or unconquerable. But still He takes pleasure when His pure devotee beats Him like an enemy or rebukes Him from a superior position
- The wrestling arena was nicely cleansed and decorated with flags, festoons and flowers, and the match was announced by the beating of kettledrums. The platform appeared very beautiful due to streamers and flags
- There is no profit in beating husks without grains. Similarly, there is no profit in executing troublesome penances other than bhakti-yoga for self-realization
- There were altogether seven parties of sankirtana, and in each party two men were beating drums. Thus fourteen drums were being played at once. The sound was tumultuous, and all the devotees became mad
- There were beating of drums and showering of flowers from the heavenly planets, and the wives of the demigods danced in ecstasy
- They (Krsna and Balarama) learned the art of ringing waterpots. Waterpots are filled with water to a certain measurement so that as one beats on the pots, different tones are produced, and when the pots are beaten together they produce a melodious sound
- They (Krsna and Balarama) learned the favorable and unfavorable accents and meters, how to sing different kinds of rhythms and melodies, and how to follow them by beating different kinds of drums
- They (the demigods) poured showers of flowers on the surface of the earth and sounded different conchshells. There was beating of drums, and being inspired by godly feelings, residents of Gandharvaloka began to play on their tambouras to please the Lord
- Thinking of Krsna and of their imminent separation from Him, the gopis assembled together with heavily beating hearts
- This beating with shoes and broomstick is also another tapasya. For men like us, who have no control over the mind, we should practice this tapasya, beating the mind with shoes and broomstick. Then it can be controlled
- Thus the King, Maharaja Pariksit, sat to fast until death. All the demigods of the higher planets praised the King's actions and in pleasure continually scattered flowers over the earth and beat celestial drums
- To behold this wonderful pastime of the Lord's, the denizens of heaven and their wives, all very eager to see the dance, flew in the sky in their hundreds of airplanes. They showered flowers and beat sweetly on drums
- We should adopt that means. Anyone who is opposing, give him good beating
- When the son of Dhrtarastra fell down lamenting, his spine broken, being beaten by the club of Bhima, the son of Drona beheaded the five sleeping sons of Draupadi and delivered them as a prize to his master, foolishly thinking that he would be pleased
- When the son of Dhrtarastra fell down lamenting, his spine broken, being beaten by the club of Bhimasena, the son of Dronacarya (Asvatthama) beheaded the five sleeping sons of Draupadi and delivered them as a prize to his master
- When They understood the sinister motives of the guards, They became angry, and taking up the two pieces of the broken bow, They began to beat down all of Kamsa's caretakers
- While Salva’s men were thus crying, the demigods from the heavenly planets showered flowers on Krsna and announced the victory by beating drums and blowing bugles
- While watching the rasa dance performed by Lord Krsna and the gopis, Lord Siva beheld the beautiful face of Krsna and immediately began to dance and beat upon his small dindima drum. While Siva was dancing in ecstasy, his eldest son, Ganesa, joined him