Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
banana | bananas | plantain
Pages in category "Banana"
The following 31 pages are in this category, out of 31 total.
- According to the system of worship, when something is offered to deities outside one's home, it is generally not cooked food but raw rice, bananas and sweetmeats
- All the vegetables were served in pots made of banana leaves taken from trees producing at least thirty-two bunches of bananas. These pots were very strong and big and did not tilt or totter
- Among the fruits were many varieties of coconuts and mangoes, bananas, berries, jackfruits, dates, tangerines, oranges, blackberries, santaras, grapes, almonds and all kinds of dried fruit
- At that time (Kaisora age) Krsna's chest challenged the hill of the marakata jewel. His arms challenged the pillars of the indranila jewel, the three lines of His waist challenged the waves of the River Yamuna, and His thighs challenged beautiful bananas
- I thank you for so promptly sending the dried banana. You are always seeing to my comforts and your service in this regard is much appreciated by me. I also thank you for the nice shirts you have made
- If you take green bananas, peel them and put them out in the sun to dry for one, two, three days - till it is dry - this is a very good tonic for liver
- In Hawaii there are so many jungles, enough food. Mango, and many others - banana, pineapple, guava, so many fruits. So going to the jungle means to be free from food problem, enough food. And then water... Water is river
- In the past you were sending me the dried banana, so you please resume sending me. The day after tomorrow I am starting for Los Angeles, so I would like to receive some of that dried banana from you
- In two places there were earthen pots filled with another preparation made with yogurt, sandesa (a sweetmeat made with curd) and banana. I am unable to describe it all
- She (mother Saci) offered rice cooked from sali paddies, various kinds of vegetables, spinach, curry made of banana flowers, fried patola with nimba leaves, pieces of ginger with lemon, and also yogurt, milk, sugar candy and many other foods
- She (Rukmini) dropped her hand bangles and the fan she was using to fan the Lord. Her hair became disarrayed, and she fainted and fell suddenly, appearing like a banana tree knocked down by high winds
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu thought that all three servings were meant for distribution; therefore He asked for another two banana leaves, saying, "Let Us have a very little quantity of vegetable and rice"
- The cooked rice was a stack of very fine grains nicely cooked, and in the middle was yellow clarified butter from the milk of cows. Surrounding the stack of rice were pots made of the skins of banana trees, & in these pots were varieties of vegetables
- The elephants assembled on this occasion also scattered the banana and betel nut trees, but in spite of such intoxicated action, the whole city, with the trees thrown here and there, looked very nice
- The entire city appeared jubilant on the occasion of Lord Krsna's marriage with Rukmini. Everywhere in the city there were profuse decorations of banana trees and betel-nut trees. These two trees are considered very auspicious in happy ceremonies
- The foodstuff belongs to Krsna, God. You cannot manufacture in the factory this nice foodstuff - apple, orange, banana and others, so many hundreds and thousands
- The nicely combed hair on her (Rukmini's) head scattered here and there, and she fell down straight, like a banana tree cut down by a whirlwind
- The preparation made with coconut pulp mixed with curd and rock candy was very sweet. There was a curry made of banana flowers and squash boiled in milk, all in great quantity
- The rascals, fools, if you give them good lessons, education, they will be angry. Prakopayati na samayati. Payah panam bhujanganam. The snake, if you give him nice milk and banana, the result will be he will increase his poison
- The twenty-ninth branch was Sridhara, a trader in banana-tree bark
- There (in a garden called Rtumat, in the valley of Trikuta Mountain) were also picumardas, kovidaras, saralas, sura-darus, grapes, sugarcane, bananas, jambu, badaris, aksas, abhayas and amalakis
- There (on Mount Kailasa) are varieties of deer, such as karnantra, ekapada, asvasya, vrka and kasturi, the deer which bears musk. Besides the deer there are many banana trees which decorate the small hillside lakes very nicely
- There is no benefit in feeding a snake milk and bananas because the snake will never be satisfied. On the contrary, by taking milk and bananas the snake simply becomes more poisonous (kevalam visa-vardhanam)
- There was a great devotee of Lord Caitanya known as Kholaveca Sridhara, who was a very poor man. He was doing a small business selling cups made from the leaves of plantain trees, and his income was almost nothing
- There were soft cakes made with mung dhal, soft cakes made with ripe bananas, and soft cakes made with urad dhal. There were various kinds of sweetmeats, condensed milk mixed with rice cakes, a coconut preparation and every kind of cake desirable