Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
awkward | awkwardly | awkwardness
Pages in category "Awkward"
The following 25 pages are in this category, out of 25 total.
- A devotee should not be aggrieved in an awkward position, nor should he feel extraordinarily happy in material opulence. This is the way of expert management of material life. Because a devotee knows how to manage expertly, he is called jivan-mukta
- After reaching home, the two queens (Asti and Prapti) explained their awkward position following Kamsa's death. The King of Magadha, Jarasandha, was mortified on hearing of the pitiable condition of his daughters
- Ajamila saw three awkward persons with deformed bodily features, fierce, twisted faces, and hair standing erect on their bodies. With ropes in their hands, they had come to take him away to the abode of Yamaraja
- An intelligent person can detect the awkward position of material existence and thus begin to inquire as to what he is, why he is subjected to different kinds of miseries, and how to get rid of all miseries
- Indirectly, the Lord (Narayana) informed him (Vrkasura) that because the Lord is the Supreme Brahman, He would certainly be able to adjust the awkward situation created by Lord Siva
- It is advised in the authorized scriptures that a brahmana may, under awkward circumstances, accept the profession of a ksatriya or even a vaisya, but never is he to accept the profession of a sudra
- It is the custom - according to ksatriya fighting principles - that an unarmed and unwilling foe should not be attacked. Arjuna, however, decided that even if attacked by the enemy in such an awkward position, he would not fight
- Since it was the desire of the Lord that Pariksit Maharaja be put into that awkward position so that he might be delivered from material existence, then why was a brahmana's son made responsible for this offensive act?
- Since the living entity is associated with material nature, he is in an awkward position, but if in the human form of life he is taught how to associate with the Supreme Personality of Godhead or His devotee, this position can be overcome
- Some of them (the Talajanghas, Yavanas, Sakas, Haihayas and Barbaras) he (Sagara Maharaja) made dress awkwardly, some of them he shaved clean but allowed to wear mustaches and some of them he left wearing loose hair
- Sometimes He (Lord Krsna) creates an awkward situation, and the devotee becomes obliged to renounce all worldly affairs. The devotee can understand by the signal of the Lord, but others take it to be unfavorable and frustrating
- The jiva potency, or the ksetrajna-sakti of the Lord, has the tendency to be overpowered by the external potency, avidya-karma-samjna, and in this way he is placed in the awkward circumstances of material existence
- The knower of the Absolute Truth is convinced of his awkward position in material association. He knows that he is part and parcel of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, and that his position should not be in the material creation
- When demons become powerful, the entire world is placed in an awkward position because demons are simply interested in their own sense gratification and not in the welfare of the world
- Wherever you may go, our main business is service to Krsna & awkward circumstances may happen anywhere, & we should be able to hold up to all such circumstances, steadfastly we will go on with our business of service to Lord Krsna