Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
authentic | authentically | authenticated | authenticity
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Questions On... Authority and Authenticity (133 P)
Pages in category "Authentic"
The following 52 pages are in this category, out of 52 total.
- A description of this transcendental land of Krsna is given in the Brahma-samhita, which is considered by Lord Sri Caitanya to be the most authentic literature in this connection
- All devotees in the Gaudiya-sampradaya accept the activities of Lord Ananta related in the Srimad-Bhagavatam as authentic, and they are thus benefited by going back home, back to Godhead
- All the avataras are described in the authentic scriptures. No one can become an avatara, or incarnation, although this has become fashionable in the age of Kali
- I give the original verse, its English transliteration, word-for-word Sanskrit-English equivalents, translations and purports. This makes the book very authentic and scholarly and makes the meaning self-evident
- If matter is destructible or separable, antimatter must be indestructible and inseparable. We shall try to discuss these propositions from the angle of authentic scriptural vision
- If you want to know about me, then you must know from me. That is authentic. That is authentic. Or from a confidential person who is confidence of me. Similarly, if you want to know Krsna, then here is Bhagavad-gita, spoken by Krsna
- In this material world also, one who is unable to pay to go to a far distant place by motorized conveyances can only understand about that place from authentic books. Similarly, the Vaikuntha planets in the spiritual sky are beyond this material sky
- Krsna's assuming the incarnation of a tortoise or a fish for serving a particular purpose is not at all astonishing. Therefore we should not have any hesitation whatsoever in accepting the statements of the authentic scriptures like Srimad-Bhagavatam
- Krsnadasa Kaviraja has herein (Caitanya-caritamrta) presented much authentic evidence from Srimad-Bhagavatam and other scriptures to substantiate the identity of Lord Caitanya with Sri Krsna Himself
- No one should try to squeeze out his own meaning by imperfect mundane knowledge. The guru, or the bona fide spiritual master, is competent to teach the disciple in the right path with reference to the context of all authentic Vedic literature
- Nowhere in authentic scriptures is it said that one will ultimately reach the same goal by doing anything or worshiping anyone. Such foolish theories are offered by self-made spiritual masters
- Seeing the Lord is not as important as appreciating Him from the authentic literature or the authentic statements of authorized persons
- Srila Jiva Gosvami Prabhu has quoted many passages from authentic scriptures and has ably supported the statements in the matter of offenses at the feet of the holy name
- Sruti, the Vedas, smrti, the Puranas and other literatures, dharma-sastra, smrti-sastra and Purana, pancarati-vidhi - without reference to all these authentic literature, any kind of devotional activities are not accepted by the Gosvamis
- The authentic biographies also mention that Lord Caitanya accepted the danda (rod) and begging pot, symbolic of the sannyasa order, at the time He took sannyasa
- The authentic scriptures are compiled by personalities like Vyasadeva, Narada, Asita and Parasara, who are not ordinary men. All the followers of the Vedic way of life have accepted these famous personalities
- The authentic scriptures describe the transcendental activities, features, form and qualities of Krsna, and Krsna explains Himself in the Bhagavad-gita, the most authentic scripture in the world
- The first process in the routine work of devotional service - hearing - is the essential point. Hearing by all classes of devotees from the authentic sources like Bhagavad-gita and Srimad-Bhagavatam is essential
- The four divisions of the original sources of knowledge (the Vedas) were made separately. But the historical facts and authentic stories mentioned in the Puranas are called the fifth Veda
- The guru, or the bona fide spiritual master, is competent to teach the disciple in the right path with reference to the context of all authentic Vedic literature. He does not attempt to juggle words to bewilder the student
- The incarnations of God are determined by authentic sastras and not by popular votes of foolish fanatics. Because Lord Caitanya was an incarnation of God in fact, foolish fanatics have proclaimed so many so-called incarnations
- The Lord does not disclose Himself to a casual or unauthentic worshiper to be exploited
- The modern scientists, however, are conditioned souls liable to so many errors and mistakes; therefore the safe side is to accept the authentic version of Vedic literatures, like Srimad-Bhagavatam, which is accepted unanimously by the great acaryas
- The reign of fourteen Manus equals the length of one day (twelve hours) in the life of Brahma, and the night of Brahma is of the same duration. These calculations are given in the authentic astronomy book known as the Surya-siddhanta
- The relationship of the pure devotees with the Lord develops because of devotional service to the Lord on the authentic basis of Vedic authority. Such pure devotees are not mundane sentimentalists, but are factually realists
- The Supreme Lord is not impersonal, as misconceived by less intelligent thinkers. Rather, He is the Supreme person, as confirmed in all authentic Vedic literatures. But His personality is different from what we can conceive
- The system is that I give the original verse, its English transliteration, word-for-word Sanskrit-English equivalents, translations and purports. This makes the book very authentic and scholarly and makes the meaning self-evident
- The Vedic knowledge is authorized and is acquired not by experiment but by authentic statements of the Vedic literatures explained by bona fide authorities
- There are many authentic Vedic literatures. They are accepted by the spiritual societies. And one's learning is proved if he can give evidences from these Vedic literatures
- This quotation is very important: "One professor went on to explain that the other books were mostly dealing with speculations in contrast to our books which presented religion as a way of life based on authentic writings"
- To hear about Krsna from Srimad-Bhagavatam or Bhagavad-gita or similar authentic literature is to live in Krsna consciousness
- Today it is fashionable for common men to write whimsical words as so-called incarnations of God and be accepted as authentic by other common men
- We get experience by directly seeing or by hearing. If it is not possible to see someone directly, we can hear about him from authentic sources
- We have to hear about God, Krsna, from the authentic Vedic literature and from persons who understand the Vedic version properly
- Why a woman should be refused? This is not authentic