Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
arrow | arrows | arrow's
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Krsna's Arrows (23 P)
Pages in category "Arrow"
The following 124 pages are in this category, out of 124 total.
- A gilded bow, two quivers of infallible arrows, and celestial armor also appeared. Bali Maharaja's grandfather Prahlada Maharaja offered Bali a garland of flowers that would never fade, and Sukracarya gave him a conchshell
- After Agni had eaten up the Khandava forest, he was very much pleased. At this time he offered Arjuna a specific bow known as Gandiva, four white horses, one chariot and an invincible quiver with two specific arrows considered to be talismans
- After entering the forest, Arjuna killed many tigers, boars, bison, gavayas (a kind of wild animal), rhinoceroses, deer, hares, porcupines and similar other animals, which he pierced with his arrows
- After getting on Subhadra’s chariot, he prepared himself for a fight. Taking up his bow and holding off with his arrows the soldiers ordered to check him, Arjuna took Subhadra away
- After getting on the chariot given by Sukracarya, Bali Maharaja, decorated with a nice garland, put protective armor on his body, equipped himself with a bow, and took up a sword and a quiver of arrows
- After hearing him (the brahmana), Arjuna immediately prepared himself by touching sanctified water and uttering holy mantras to protect his bows and arrows from danger
- After the construction of the bridge, a fire was set all over the kingdom of Ravana. During the fighting with Ravana, every part of his limbs was slashed to pieces by Your (Ramacandra) sharp arrows, and his heads fell to the face of the earth
- All of these demigods and demons assembled on the battlefield with a fighting spirit and attacked one another with great strength. All of them desiring victory, they fought in pairs, hitting one another severely with sharpened arrows, swords and lances
- All the children, women and old men of the village were arranged on seats, and the cowherd men equipped themselves with bows and arrows to follow the carts
- All the cows and bulls were placed in the front along with their calves, and the men, with their bows and arrows, surrounded the herds and carts and began to blow on their horns and bugles. In this way, with tumultuous sound, they started for Vrndavana
- All the soldiers fighting on behalf of Salva soon became distressed by the incessant release of arrows upon them by the heroes of the Yadu dynasty, and Salva himself became unconscious from the attack of these arrows
- All together, accompanied by the conchshell, wheel, club, lotus flower, bow, arrows, shield and sword in His hands, these presented a grand and beautiful audience for Lord Visnu which captivated all the demigods
- Appearing on the battlefield, Pradyumna immediately stopped him (Dyuman) and, smiling, shot eight arrows at him: with four arrows he killed Dyuman’s four horses, and with one arrow his chariot driver
- Arjuna prepared to go to the forest with his bow and infallible arrows. He dressed himself with suitable protective garments, for he was to practice for the time when he would be killing many enemies on the battlefield
- Arjuna said: O killer of enemies, O killer of Madhu, how can I counterattack with arrows in battle men like Bhisma and Drona, who are worthy of my worship?
- As it is suitable. It is not that because the ksatriyas were killing by bows and arrows formerly, you have to continue that. That is another foolishness. If you have got... If you can kill easily by guns, take that gun
- As King Kartaviryarjuna entered his capital, Mahismati Puri, he saw Lord Parasurama, the best of the Bhrgu dynasty, coming after him, holding a chopper, shield, bow and arrows
- As Krsna was speaking with Rukmini, the commanders of the Yadu dynasty's soldiers, headed by Balarama, known as Sankarsana, by Gada, not tolerating the opposing soldiers' defiant attitude, began to strike their horses, elephants, & chariots with arrows
- Before Bali Maharaja's arrows could reach him, Indra, King of heaven, who is expert in dealing with arrows, smiled and counteracted the arrows with arrows of another type, known as bhalla, which were extremely sharp
- Being afflicted by the arrow of Cupid and unhappily regretting His mistreating Srimati Radharani, Madhava, Lord Krsna, began to search for Her along the banks of the Yamuna River
- Bhisma was a stout and strong old man. The arrows were piercing his body only. They did not go all the way through. The arrows piercing his back were supporting his body and there were many arrows piercing his chest. There were no arrows in his head
- Both parties (the demons and the demigods) in that fight were extremely angry at heart, and in enmity they beat one another with swords, arrows and varieties of other weapons
- By manipulating his axe and arrows, Lord Parasurama cut to pieces the shields, flags, bows and bodies of Kartaviryarjuna's soldiers, who fell on the battlefield, muddying the ground with their blood
- Cupid throws his arrow upon the living beings to make them mad after the opposite sex, whether the party is actually beautiful or not
- Cupid's business is to invoke mundane lust. The whole universe is moving being agitated by Cupid's arrow. The activities of the world are being carried on by the central attraction of male and female
- Dhruva Maharaja's heart, which was pierced by the arrows of the harsh words of his stepmother, was greatly aggrieved, and thus when he fixed upon his goal of life he did not forget her misbehavior
- Dhruva Maharaja, who was a great charioteer and certainly a great bowman also, immediately began to kill them (the greatly powerful heroes of the Yaksas from Alakapuri) by simultaneously discharging arrows three at a time
- Each of Pradyumna’s arrows had a golden feather at the end, and the shaft was fitted with a sharp iron head. By releasing twenty-five such arrows, Pradyumna severely injured Salva’s commander in chief
- Even a great devotee like Bhisma met his end by being pierced with hundreds of arrows, but he was so powerful that he waited in that condition to see Lord Krishna before he passed away
- Everyone thinks that Krsna is a great fighter & that no one can conquer You. So now You'll have to prove Your strength. I think that if You stand before me any longer, with my sharp arrows I shall send You to a place wherefrom You will never return"
- Grandfather Bhisma was very severely piercing Krsna's body with arrows, and Krsna was enjoying. That is the relationship between Krsna and His devotees. Krsna can be worshiped, Krsna can be loved, by any capacity
- Gross military science is dependent on material weapons, but finer than that is the art of throwing the arrows saturated with Vedic hymns, which act more effectively than gross material weapons like machine guns or atomic bombs
- Having the opportunity to use his one thousand arms, he rushed toward Krsna, simultaneously working five hundred bows and two thousand arrows. Such a foolish person could never measure Krsna's strength
- He (Arjuna) specifically took the arrow presented to him by Lord Siva, and while going out he remembered Lord Siva and his great favor
- He (Pradyumna) killed the carriers like the horses and elephants by releasing three arrows directed toward each one
- He (Pradyumna) refreshed himself by washing his mouth and hands, and after arming himself properly with bows and arrows, he asked his charioteer (Daruka) to take him near the place where Salva's commander in chief was standing
- He (Pradyumna) then released another one hundred arrows toward the body of Salva. After this, he pierced each and every soldier by releasing one arrow, he killed the chariot drivers by firing ten arrows at each one of them
- He (Ravana) mounted his airplane, which was decorated with flowers, and proceeded toward Lord Ramacandra, who sat on the effulgent chariot brought by Matali, the chariot driver of Indra. Then Ravana struck Lord Ramacandra with sharp arrows
- He (Samba) struck each of the six charioteers with six separate arrows. He used another four arrows to kill the charioteers' horses. Then he used one arrow to kill the driver and one arrow for Karna as well as the other celebrated fighters
- He fell down to the ground of Vrndavana and died. The demon fell exactly like Tripurasura, who was pierced by the arrow of Lord Siva. Trnavarta hit a stone slab, and his limbs were smashed. His body became visible to all the inhabitants of Vrndavana
- His (Lord Rsabhadeva's) gentle smile always made His face beautiful, so much so that He even attracted the hearts of married women. It was as though they had been pierced by arrows of Cupid
- Holding in her hands a bow, a trident, arrows, a shield, a sword, a conchshell, a disc and a club, and being praised by celestial beings like Apsaras, Kinnaras, Uragas, Siddhas, Caranas and Gandharvas, who worshiped her
- If one is hurt by the arrows of an enemy, one is not as aggrieved as when cut by the unkind words of a relative, for such grief continues to rend one's heart day and night
- In great stupidity, Rukmi stood before Krsna, telling Him repeatedly, "Stop for a minute and fight with me!" After saying this he drew his bow and directly shot three forceful arrows against Krsna's body. Then he condemned Krsna
- In the Prahlada-samhita Uddhava says, "The Supreme Personality of Godhead, Govinda, painstricken due to being pierced by the arrows of Cupid, is always thinking of you (the gopis), and He is not even accepting His regular lunch
- It was He (Krsna) who played the trick of taking away the brahmana's baby as well as the arrows, including the one given by Lord Siva, of which Arjuna was so proud
- Krsna exhibited His causeless mercy when He was present at the departure of Grandfather Bhisma. During the Battle of Kuruksetra, Bhismadeva, the grandfather of Arjuna, was lying on a bed of arrows before departing from this mortal world
- Krsna shot another eight arrows chopping off the upper portion of Rukmi's chariot, including the flag, with the remaining three arrows
- Krsna's compassion was also exhibited when Grandfather Bhisma was lying on the bed of arrows which had been shot through his body. While lying in this position, Bhisma was very anxious to see Krsna, and thus Krsna appeared there
- Laksmana said, "During the svayamvara, the prospective bridegrooms had to pierce the eyes of a fish with their arrows"
- Laksmana said, "Each of them (princes) desired to win me as his wife, and one after another they raised the bow and arrow left there for piercing the fish"
- Laksmana said, "His (Arjuna) arrow at least touched the fish, and so he proved himself better than all the other princes"
- Laksmana said, "The celebrated hero of the Pandavas, Arjuna, was able to see the reflection of the fish on the water, but although with great care he traced out the location of the fish and shot an arrow, he did not pierce the fish in the right spot"
- Later it was proved that Arjuna's taking shelter of Lord Siva instead of Krsna was not at all successful. Arjuna, however, did his best by chanting different mantras, and he shot arrows up and down to guard the maternity home from all directions
- Lord Krishna's death being caused by the arrow of a hunter, Thakura Haridasa's being caned in 22 market or Lord Jesus Christ being crucified are all acts of the Lord personally. We cannot always understand the intricacies of such incidences
- Lord Siva, who is considered to be most tolerant, was also struck by Cupid's arrow because he also became mad after the Mohini incarnation of the Lord and acknowledged himself to be defeated
- Maharaja Bali attacked Indra with ten arrows and attacked Airavata, Indra's carrier elephant, with three arrows. With four arrows he attacked the four horsemen guarding Airavata's legs, and with one arrow he attacked the driver of the elephant
- Maya is always ready to kill those who are pramatta with her invisible bows and arrows. Agnidhra questioned Purvacitti about this
- My dear Balaramaji, You two brothers, cowherd boys only, may be very expert in tending cows, but how can You be expert in playing chess or shooting arrows on the battlefield? These arts are well known only to the princely order
- Nakula continued, "If He (Krsna) is derided by anyone, I declare herewith as a Pandava that I will kick his helmet with my left foot, and I will strike him with my arrows, which are as good as Yamadanda, the sceptor of Yamaraja!"
- Narakasura possessed eleven such divisions, and all of them were throwing arrows toward Krsna, but Krsna killed them all, simply by throwing three arrows from His side
- Next he (Jarasandha) turned toward Balarama and addressed Him, "You, Balarama! If You like You can fight along with Him, and if You have patience, then You can wait to be killed by my arrows. Thus You can be promoted to heaven"
- O my Lord, You are all-powerful. A fiery iron arrow is coming towards me (Uttara) fast. My Lord, let it burn me personally, if You so desire, but please do not let it burn and abort my embryo. Please do me this favor, my Lord
- On the battlefield Lord Sri Krsna charged me (Bhisma), as if angry because of the wounds dealt by my sharp arrows. His shield was scattered, and His body was smeared with blood due to the wounds
- One party might release an arrow which would cause water to pour from the sky, and to counteract this, the opposing party would have to release an arrow which could immediately turn the water into clouds
- Paka, another demon, attacked both the chariot (of Indra), with all its paraphernalia, and the chariot driver, Matali, by fitting two hundred arrows to his bow and releasing them all simultaneously. This was indeed a wonderful act on the battlefield
- Picking up their bows and arrows, they (Jarasandha and other princes) began to chase Krsna on their chariots, horses and elephants. To check their progress, the soldiers of the Yadu dynasty turned and faced them
- Princes said, "We have our elephants, horses, chariots, bows, arrows and swords, so why should we be afraid of Krsna? Let us attack Him! He is nothing but a lusty cowherd boy! He cannot take away the Princess in this way! Let us all attack Him!"
- Purvacitti opened for Cupid, who bears an arrow of flowers, a path of aural reception into the minds of men
- Rohita could understand that his father (Hariscandra) intended to offer him as the animal for sacrifice. Therefore, just to save himself from death, he equipped himself with bow and arrows and went to the forest
- Rukmi continued, "You (Krsna) have stolen my sister (Rukmini); now I shall relieve You of Your false prestige. You can keep my sister in Your possession only until I beat You to the ground for good with my arrows"
- Rukmi immediately took another bow and shot another five arrows at Krsna. Being attacked for the second time, Krsna again severed Rukmi's bowstring. Rukmi took a third bow, and Krsna again cut its string
- Rukmi said, "This cowherd boy (Krsna) has become proud of His tricky way of fighting with ksatriyas, today I shall teach Him a good lesson. Because He had the impudence to kidnap my sister, I, with my sharp arrows, shall teach Him good lessons indeed"
- Rukmi, having run out of arrows, took assistance from swords, shields, tridents, lances and similar weapons used for fighting hand to hand, but Krsna immediately broke them all in the same way
- Rukmini said to Draupadi: When Jarasandha and other kings, bows and arrows upraised, stood ready to deliver me in charity to Sisupala, Krsna forcibly took me from their midst, as a lion takes its share of goats and sheep
- Samba accepted the challenge (by Karna) and stood alone before them, but as soon as he did so he was overpowered by showers of arrows shot by all the great warriors
- Samba: One of the great heroes of the Yadu dynasty and the son of Lord Sri Krsna by His wife Jambavati. He learned the military art of throwing arrows from Arjuna, and he became a member of parliament during the time of Maharaja Yudhisthira
- She (goddess Durga) was decorated with nice garments and flower garlands and ornaments; in her eight hands she held a bow, lance, arrows, sword, conchshell, disc, club and shield
- She (the younger sister of Visnu, Goddess Durga) was decorated with nice garments and flower garlands and ornaments; in her eight hands she held a bow, lance, arrows, sword, conchshell, disc, club and shield
- Simultaneously, using many arrows, He (Krsna) pierced the mouths of the demon Mura. When the Mura demon saw himself outmaneuvered by the Supreme Personality of Godhead, he immediately began to strike the Lord in great anger with his club
- Since a cow is never to be killed, mother earth thought it wise to take the shape of a cow in order to avoid King Prthu's arrows
- So from this statement it appears that Krsna was very expert in counteracting the enemy's arrows
- Somebody will say, "Your Ramacandra may be very important person, but when Radharani goes to Krsna, Lord Ramacandra becomes His guard with arrows." When Radharani goes to Krsna, and Ramacandra has to serve Radharani with arrows and bows
- Srimad-Bhagavatam states that the Sudarsana cakra penetrated the darkness just as an arrow released from the Sarnga bow of Lord Ramacandra penetrated the army of Ravana
- Taking up His fierce chopper, His shield, His bow and a quiver of arrows, Lord Parasurama, exceedingly angry, chased Kartaviryarjuna just as a lion chases an elephant
- The apparent wounds caused by the sharpened arrows are misleading to the common man, but one who has a little absolute knowledge can understand the transcendental exchange (between Bhismadeva and Krsna) in the chivalrous relation
- The bhakti-yoga system never urges one towards the impersonal Brahman effulgence or to the point of Paramatma realization. This banah, or arrow, is so sharp and swift that it goes directly to the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- The brahmana said, "There are also many other heroes, such as Pradyumna and Aniruddha, carrying bows and arrows, but they could not protect my children"
- The brahmana's wife delivered a male child, and as usual the child began to cry. But suddenly, within a few minutes, both the child and Arjuna’s arrows disappeared into the sky
- The name of Salva's commander in chief was Dyuman. He was very powerful, and although bitten by twenty-five of Pradyumna's arrows, he suddenly attacked Pradyumna with his fierce club and struck him so strongly that Pradyumna became unconscious
- The opposing princes were determined to defeat Krsna, recapture Rukmini from His custody, they fought with Him as severely as possible. Rukmini, seated by the side of Krsna, saw arrows raining from the opposing party onto the faces of the Yadu soldiers
- The princes opposing Krsna, who were led by Jarasandha and were all expert in fighting, shot their arrows at the Yadu soldiers just as a cloud splashes the face of a mountain with torrents of rain
- The rain seemed to fall like piercing sharp arrows. By pouring water as thick as pillars, without cessation, the clouds gradually filled all the lands in Vrndavana with water, and there was no visible distinction between higher and lower land
- The sharp arrows released from the bow of Dhruva Maharaja pierced the shields and bodies of the enemy, like the thunderbolts released by the King of heaven, which dismantle the bodies of the mountains
- The soldiers fighting on behalf of Salva were also very strong, and the release of their arrows also harassed the heroes of the Yadu dynasty. But still the Yadus were so strong and determined that they did not move from their strategic positions
- The soldiers on the side of King Paundraka began to shower their weapons upon Krsna. The weapons, including various kinds of tridents, clubs, poles, lances, swords, daggers and arrows, came flying in waves, and Krsna counteracted them
- The soldiers' (Jarasandha's party) hands were severed along with their bows and arrows and clubs; arms were piled upon arms, thighs upon thighs, and horses upon horses
- The Vedic mantra pranava is the bow, the pure living entity himself is the arrow, and the target is the Supreme Being
- The wounds created on the body of the Lord by the sharpened arrows of Bhismadeva were as pleasing to the Lord as the biting of a fiancee who bites the body of the Lord directed by a strong sense of sex desire
- These symptoms were exhibited by Arjuna when he saw Krsna's universal form on the battlefield of Kuruksetra. His confusion was so strong that his bow and arrows fell from his hand, and he could not perceive anything clearly
- They (Krsna's wives) exhibited their feminine characteristics by smiling & moving their eyebrows, thus shooting sharp arrows of conjugal love just to awaken Krsna's lusty desires for them
- This time, to teach Rukmi a lesson, Krsna shot six arrows at him and then shot another eight arrows, killing four horses with four arrows, killing the chariot driver with another arrow
- Those who saw the beautiful face of the Lord on the Battlefield of Kuruksetra were purified first by Arjuna when he made his onslaught with arrows
- What is the use of a bowman's arrow or a poet's poetry if they penetrate the heart but do not cause the head to spin?
- What is the use of a bowman's arrow or a poet’s poetry if they penetrate the heart but do not cause the head to spin
- When Grandfather Bhisma was lying at the point of death on the bed of arrows, Krsna was present before him, and Bhisma was remembering how Krsna had been kind to him on the battlefield
- When Lord Siva was engaged in severely austere meditation, Cupid, the demigod of lust, threw his arrow of sex desire. Lord Siva, thus being angry at him, glanced at Cupid in great wrath, and at once the body of Cupid was annihilated
- When Salva thought that Krsna had been bewildered by his mystic representations, he became encouraged and began to attack the Lord with greater strength and energy by showering volleys of arrows upon Him
- When they (Demon Mura's seven sons) came before Lord Krsna, they began to shower Him with many kinds of weapons, like swords, clubs, lances, arrows and tridents. But they did not know that the strength of the S P of Godhead is unlimited and invincible
- When they (the princes) attacked Krsna's party, shot arrows like incessant torrents of rain, Arjuna, Krsna's best friend, took charge of the challenge, he alone very easily drove them off to please his great friend Krsna on the occasion of His marriage
- While Krsna was traveling to Dvaraka, all the frustrated and defeated princes encircled Him and began to shower their arrows on the bridal party
- While observing the situation of his enemy, Arjuna stood up on the chariot, but he was so afflicted with lamentation that he sat down again, setting aside his bow and arrows
- With another arrow he (Pradyumna) cut his (Dyuman's) bow in two, with another he cut his flag to pieces, and with the last he severed his head from his body