Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
annihilating | annihilates | annihilated | annihilate | annihilator
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Pages in category "Annihilate"
The following 133 pages are in this category, out of 133 total.
- A devotee knows that any pleasurable material position is subject to be annihilated at a certain point
- Again and again, when Brahma's day arrives, all living entities come into being, and with the arrival of Brahma's night they are helplessly annihilated
- All created beings are unmanifest in their beginning, manifest in their interim state, and unmanifest again when annihilated. So what need is there for lamentation
- All of us on the surface of the globe are living entities in different forms. Some of us are moving and some not moving. All of us come into existence, remain for some time and are annihilated when the body is again mingled with the earth
- Although there is no difference between Lord Krsna and Lord Visnu, Krsna descends to this planet in His Vasudeva feature for the purpose of protecting His devotees and annihilating the miscreants
- Artificially trying to become one with the Absolute is suicidal. One cannot annihilate his natural condition
- As it is said in the Bhagavad-gita, paritranaya sadhunam vinasaya ca duskrtam: (BG 4.8) "The Lord comes to protect the devotees and annihilate the miscreants"
- As Lord Krsna states in Bhagavad-gita, when He descends on earth, He has two types of business - to give protection to the faithful and annihilate the demons
- As soon as the individual living entity leaves the material body, the body is immediately annihilated, and similarly as soon as Lord Visnu leaves the cosmic manifestation, everything is annihilated
- As the rainy season appears and disappears regularly, the creation takes place and is again annihilated under the control of the Lord
- As this body will die, so the entire universe, this gigantic material body, will be annihilated, and whether we are fortunate or unfortunate, on this planet or another planet, everything will be finished
- Bali Maharaja certainly became an exalted devotee, but he was somewhat anxious because his association was not purely devotional. The Supreme Personality of Godhead therefore assured him that his demoniac mentality would be annihilated
- Because it is a Vaikuntha planet never to be annihilated, it is worshiped even by the denizens of the seven stars situated below the Dhruva planet, as well as by the planets which are even above the Dhruva planet
- Because of their royal exalted posts, all these demons became very much puffed up, and their only business was to harass their subjects. Lord Krsna appeared on this planet just at the end of Dvapara-yuga to annihilate all these demoniac kings
- Both Lord Brahma and Lord Siva act only in one capacity: Lord Brahma can create, and Lord Siva can annihilate. But neither of them can maintain. Lord Visnu, however, not only maintains but creates and annihilates also
- Brahma said, "Actually, You alone are everything - creator, maintainer and annihilator. Similarly, You expand Yourself in different incarnations: among the demigods You incarnate as Vamanadeva, among the great sages You incarnate as Parasurama"
- Brahma said, "Persons who are not in awareness of things as they are contemplate that I, Brahma, am the creator, Visnu is the maintainer, and Lord Siva is the annihilator"
- Brahma said, "Persons who are unaware of Your inconceivable energy cannot understand that You alone expand Yourself as the creator (Brahma), the maintainer (Visnu) and the annihilator (Siva)"
- Brahma said, "With the attraction of the moon, You are enhancing the potency of the land, the demigods, the brahmanas, the cows and the oceans. Because of Your supreme attraction, demons like Kamsa and others are annihilated"
- Brahma said, "You (Krsna) are always eternal. Your appearance and disappearance are made possible by Your inconceivable energy just to give protection to the faithful devotees and to annihilate the faithless demons"
- Darkness is entrusted to Lord Siva because he annihilates the cosmos. The creation, annihilation and maintenance of this cosmic manifestation are conducted by Your potencies, yet You are always unaffected by those qualities
- Death means that unconsciousness for a long period. Because the soul is eternal. It will be explained. There is no birth and death. So when this body is annihilated, so the soul remains unconscious for a period, seven months for a human being
- Demons may falsely accuse the preachers of the Krsna consciousness movement, but Krsna will arrange a fight between the demons in which all their military power will be engaged and both parties of demons will be annihilated
- Devaki said, " I also know for certain that You have descended to annihilate all kinds of miscreants who have been misled in the course of time"
- Different bodies and capacities are simply transformations of the earth that exist in name only, for everything grows out of the earth and when everything is annihilated it again mingles with the earth
- During the daytime of Brahma they can exhibit their activities on higher and lower planets within this material world, but at the coming of Brahma's night they are all annihilated
- Either there is soul or not soul, just like Darwin's theory, evolution of material body is going on. One body is created and the same body again annihilated, another body created, the same body annihilated, and it is going on. You cannot stop this process
- Even during the annihilation of the material world, the process of bhakti-yoga can be applied. The Lord is worshiped in devastation because He protects the Vedas from being annihilated. He is worshiped in every millennium or yuga
- Even though all the material universes are annihilated again and again in the Causal Ocean, the Vaikuntha planets, which are spiritual, exist eternally and are not subject to dissolution
- Even though the duskrtis, or miscreants, are annihilated, this is ultimately good for them
- Everything is caused or manifested by the energy of the Supreme Lord, and when everything is annihilated or dissolved, the original potency enters the body of the Supreme Lord
- Everything that is created, sustained, and at the end annihilated is within the compass of the mahat-tattva and is known as the material world
- He (God) is the all-powerful, omnipresent Personality of Godhead, and by His supreme will He can not only create, maintain and annihilate the whole cosmic manifestation but also descend as an ordinary human being to execute the highest mission
- He (Krsna) is as refreshing as the full moon to His friends, and to His opponents He is the annihilating fire generated from Lord Siva. Krsna is therefore the most perfect moralist in His reciprocal dealings with different kinds of persons
- He (Krsna) is not forced to appear by any external agency; He descends by His own internal potency to reestablish the standard functions of human activities, simultaneously annihilate the disturbing elements in the progressive march of human civilization
- He creates these manifested universes in order to reclaim the living beings who are within them suffering threefold miseries, maintains them, and in due course annihilates them without being the least affected by such actions
- If it is interpreted to mean Sanatana Gosvami, then it is because he is so greatly favored by Rupa Gosvami, being always served by him, and because he is the annihilator of all kinds of sinful activities
- If somebody comes and drives us out of this room, that does not mean I am finished. I shall go and take shelter of another room. Similarly, when the soul, when the body is killed or annihilated by nature or by force, the soul takes shelter of another body
- In spite of acting in that way (as the creator, maintainer and annihilator of this material world), He (the Supreme Personality of Godhead) is never entangled. Hence devotees who follow in His footsteps are also never entangled
- It is stated in the Bhagavad-gita that Lord Krsna descends in every millennium just to give protection to His devotees and to annihilate the nondevotees
- Jambavan continued, "My dear Lord, the time factor, which combines all the physical elements, is also Your representative. You are the supreme time factor, in which all creation takes place, is maintained and is finally annihilated"
- Jayadhvaja had a son named Talajangha, who had one hundred sons. All the ksatriyas in that dynasty, known as Talajangha, were annihilated by the great power received by Maharaja Sagara from Aurva Rsi
- Just as the soul is not annihilated, even after annihilation of the material body, so also these spiritualized activities are not annihilated, even after the annihilation of the body or mind
- Krsna and Balarama, the descendants of Dasarha, decided to annihilate the thirteen military companies of Jarasandha
- Krsna appears in this world for two purposes, to protect the innocent, religious devotees of the Lord and to annihilate all the uneducated, uncultured asuras, who unnecessarily bark like dogs and fight among themselves for political power
- Krsna creates, maintains and annihilates the whole cosmic manifestation by expanding Himself in different incarnations
- Krsna said, "The earthen pot is made of earth, water, fire, air and sky, while it remains it is the same in composition, & when it is broken and annihilated its different ingredients are conserved in different parts of the material energy"
- Kurus said, "You are the original creator, sustainer and annihilator of the whole cosmic manifestation, and still Your position is always transcendental"
- Living entity cannot be annihilated at any point. But the lower species of life exist in a miserable condition, whereas one who is engaged in the devotional service of the Supreme Lord is situated in the pleasurable, or ananda-maya, status of life
- Lord Brahma is called rakta, or red, because Brahma represents the qualities of passion for creation. Darkness is entrusted to Lord Siva because he annihilates the cosmos
- Lord Brahma thus engaged his senses in the Lord by re-creating the conditioned living entities to act in the re-created universe. This material universe is thus created and annihilated by the will of the Lord
- Lord Nrsimha-deva killed Hiranyakasipu and took away all his power, influence and pride. Atheistic men, however, never understand how everything they create is annihilated
- Lord Siva is called Mahadeva, the greatest of all the demigods, although sometimes Lord Brahma is considered the greatest of all the demigods because he can create. However, Lord Siva can annihilate the creations of Brahma
- My dear Lord, all actually learned persons know You as the Supreme Brahman and the Supersoul. Although the entire universe is afraid of Lord Rudra, who ultimately annihilates everything, for the learned devotees You are the fearless destination of all
- My dear lord, you create this cosmic manifestation, maintain it, and annihilate it by expansion of your personality, exactly as a spider creates, maintains and winds up its web
- One devotee said, "I am nicely educated, but my education has simply been used in government service. I have not considered formidable time, stronger than anything else, which creates and annihilates everything"
- One who takes shelter of the Lord, the perpetual light, has no fear of being annihilated in the darkness of fog or ignorance
- Sat means eternal, and the body is not eternal. Therefore it is very difficult to understand what is sat because we have no education, no experience. Everything is annihilated, destroyed, anything material
- Since the living entities are never annihilated, they simply transmigrate from one life form to another. Thus there is an evolution of forms according to the degree of developed consciousness
- Siva-jvara said "Lord Siva may be a powerful demigod because of his specific power to annihilate the whole creation"
- That kingdom is described in the Bhagavad-gita as supreme and eternal, never to be annihilated. This material nature is subjected to repeated creation and annihilation. But that part, the spiritual nature, remains as it is, eternally
- The Bhagavad-gita confirms the fact that this material world is created and annihilated perpetually and that conditioned souls without Krsna consciousness come back again and again, whenever the material creation is manifest
- The creation of the material world is effected, maintained and then again annihilated at certain intervals. So there are different names of the creations in terms of the particular types of Brahma, the father of the living beings in the creation
- The devotees of the Lord are not much interested in the study of the flickering history of the world. They are interested only in Him who is the original creator, maintainer and annihilator. That is the purpose of the Krsna consciousness movement
- The entire cosmic manifestation is a gigantic body, but if we accept that it always exists, there can be no question of annihilation. Therefore the attempt to annihilate everything in order to attain zero is an absurdity
- The fine and immeasurable anti-material particle is always indestructible, permanent and eternal. After a certain period, however, its encagement by material particles is annihilated
- The first concern of civilized persons is economic development, the next concern is defense against being annihilated, and the next consciousness is mental speculation, the philosophical approach to the values of life
- The florist said, "My Lord, You are the supreme cause of all causes of this cosmic manifestation, for the benefit of the residents of this earthly planet, You have appeared with Your plenary portion to give devotees' protection, annihilate the demons"
- The great sages and saints are promoted beyond the heavenly planets to Maharloka, but that also is not the place of complete fearlessness because at the end of one kalpa the Maharloka is annihilated and the inhabitants have to transport themselves
- The impersonal feature of the Lord is the abode of great oceans, and His belly is the resting place for the materially annihilated living entities. His heart is the abode of the subtle material bodies of living beings
- The interaction of the three qualities makes it possible for things to be created, maintained and annihilated. But in the spiritual world, or the kingdom of God, there is no such exhibition, since everything is eternal, sentient and blissful
- The learned man who knows perfectly well that the anti-material particle is indestructible knows that it cannot be annihilated by any means
- The learned scholar, who is aware of this transcendental knowledge, does not try to annihilate anyone or order anyone annihilated, like a fool
- The Lord creates the manifested universes, maintains them and annihilates them without being in the least affected. He is within every living being and is always independent
- The Lord does not create this material world at anyone's request, and therefore He can annihilate everything merely by His will. That is His supremacy
- The Lord does not create this material world at anyone's request, and therefore He can annihilate everything merely by His will. That is His supremacy. If one argues, "Why does He act in this way?" the answer is that He can do so because He is supreme
- The Lord is the original source of all emanations, and everything that is created, maintained and annihilated exists by the energy of the Lord
- The Lord Visnu who lies in the ocean of milk incarnates Himself in various forms to maintain the laws of the cosmos and annihilate the causes of disturbance. Such incarnations are visible in every manv-antara
- The Lord's activities of saving the devotees and annihilating the demons are transcendental. Anyone annihilated by the Lord gets the same result as a devotee who is protected by the Lord; both of them are transcendentally promoted
- The Nagapatnis said, "In the matter of creating this cosmic manifestation, personally You (Krsna) have nothing to exert; by expanding Your different kinds of energy - namely the modes of passion, goodness & ignorance - You create, maintain & annihilate"
- The next excellence of Lord Krsna's appearance was that although He apparently gave protection to the devotees and annihilated the demons, both the devotees and the demons achieved the same result
- The origin of the material creation is Maha-visnu, who lies in the Causal Ocean. While He sleeps in that ocean, millions of universes are generated as He exhales, and they are all annihilated when He inhales
- The personalists, or devotees, do not annihilate their individuality, and thus the devotees of the Lord individually enjoy spiritual variegatedness on the planets of the spiritual sky
- The personified Vedas ccontinued, "It is created, and it is annihilated. Because of its different conditions of existence, the cosmic manifestation has no fixed position"
- The planet awarded to Prince Dhruva Maharaja is a fixed Vaikuntha planet, installed in the material atmosphere by the will of the Supreme Lord, Vasudeva. This planet, although within the material world, will not be annihilated at the time of devastation
- The principle is also applicable to the anti-material universe as well as to the anti-material particle. When the material universe is annihilated, the anti-material universe exists in all circumstances
- The sages said, "Our dear Lord (Krsna), by Your own energy You create, maintain and annihilate the whole cosmic manifestation of different names and form"
- The secondary creation is made by Brahma, but Brahma is created by the Supreme Godhead. Lord Siva annihilates the whole creation, but at the end he is also annihilated by Visnu. Lord Visnu remains
- The spirit is never annihilated, nor can anyone annihilate him, even after the annihilation of the material body. He therefore has no birth and no death. Nor does he grow or diminish by repeated material births and deaths
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead is full in opulence by His own gain, yet He acts as the creator, maintainer and annihilator of this material world
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead would appear on the earth very soon, along with His supreme powerful potencies, and as long as He remained on the earth planet to execute His mission of annihilating the demons and establishing the devotees
- The symptoms of life, such as desire, anger, hankerings, feelings of attraction, etc., cannot be annihilated
- The temporary material body is certainly a foreign dress. The Bhagavad-gita (2.20) clearly says that after the destruction of the material body the living entity is not annihilated, nor does he lose his identity
- The theory that the modern atomic bomb explosions can annihilate the world is childish imagination
- The time factor is the energy of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, but the Lord is separate from the time factor. Everything is created, maintained and annihilated by time, but the Supreme Lord, the Personality of Godhead, has no beginning and no end
- The universe (called the brahmanda, or the round football-like domain controlled by a Brahma) is thus annihilated, and thus the inhabitants of a particular planet, or of the whole universe, are also annihilated
- The Vaikunthalokas are not annihilated even after the annihilation of the manifested cosmos
- The whole cosmic manifestation becomes possible by the grace of the Supreme Lord, it exists by the grace of the Supreme Lord, and when annihilated it merges into the existence of the Supreme Lord
- There is nothing extraneous, nor is there anything needed. This manifestation has its own time fixed by the energy of the supreme whole, and when its time is complete, these temporary manifestations will be annihilated
- Therefore the demigods and their followers are all annihilated at the period of devastation, but one who reaches the kingdom of God gets a permanent share in eternal life. That is the verdict of Vedic literature
- These Vaikuntha planets are known as sanatana-dhama, and they are eternal. They are never annihilated, not even by the annihilation of this material world
- This creation takes place by the glance of the Lord from His bedstead of mystic slumber. And thus all the universes and the lord of the universe, Brahma, are again and again manifested and annihilated
- This is the first understanding of self-realization, that soul is eternal, it is not annihilated even after the annihilation of this body
- This manifestation has its own time fixed by the energy of the supreme whole, and when its time is complete, these temporary manifestations will be annihilated by the complete arrangement of the complete
- This unique planet, Dhruvaloka, was offered to Maharaja Dhruva. The specific significance of this planet is that until the entire universe is annihilated this planet will remain
- Those who are not Vaisnavas consider only human society worthy of their sympathy, but Krsna claims to be the supreme father of all life forms. Consequently the Vaisnava takes care not to annihilate untimely or unnecessarily any life form
- Through the distribution of this literature, we can completely annihilate all the bogus yogi groups in the world. Of this fact I am sure
- To understand Krsna means to understand everything, how it is generated, how it is maintained, and how it is annihilated. That is full Krsna consciousness
- We also have information from the Bhagavad-gita that all the planets within the material world, including Brahmaloka, are but temporarily situated, and after a fixed period they are all annihilated
- We can see at every moment many changes taking place in our bodies, but the spirit soul is aloof from all changes. One can neither create nor annihilate nor interfere with the actions of material nature
- We cannot imagine, however, the duration of one breath of Maha-Visnu, for within one breath all the universes are created and annihilated. This is stated in the Brahma-samhita
- When Lord Siva was engaged in severely austere meditation, Cupid, the demigod of lust, threw his arrow of sex desire. Lord Siva, thus being angry at him, glanced at Cupid in great wrath, and at once the body of Cupid was annihilated
- When Sati annihilated her body in anger, there was a tumultuous roar all over the universe. Why had Sati, the wife of the most respectable demigod, Lord Siva, quit her body in such a manner?
- When the atheists annihilate inhabitants of different planets, flying unseen in the sky on well-built rockets prepared by the great scientist Maya, the Lord will bewilder their minds by dressing Himself attractively as Buddha
- When the cosmic creation is annihilated, the living entities, who are indestructible by nature, rest in the body of Maha-sankarsana. Sankarsana is therefore sometimes called the total jiva
- When the whole world is annihilated, all living entities again enter into the body of Maha-Visnu. When there is again creation, the living entities again come out, according to their past position. We do not accept Darwin's rascal theory
- When this temporary manifestation is annihilated, its cause, the eternal existence of the spiritual world, continues as it is, and therefore the spiritual world is called sanatana-dhama, the eternal abode
- With His celebrated Sudarsana cakra Krsna counteracted the electrified boundary, annihilated the canals of water and the gaseous boundary, and cut to pieces the electrified network fabricated by the demon Mura
- Yes, we are pure politicians. What is pure politicians? Politics requires violence. So annihilate the demons and give protection
- Yet there is another unmanifested nature, which is eternal and is transcendental to this manifested and unmanifested matter. It is supreme and is never annihilated. When all in this world is annihilated, that part remains as it is
- You (the Supreme Personality of Godhead) create this cosmic manifestation, maintain it, and annihilate it by expansion of your personality, exactly as a spider creates, maintains and winds up its web