Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
addition | additional | additionally | additions
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.
Pages in category "Addition"
The following 53 pages are in this category, out of 53 total.
- A sannyasi should never see a man or a woman for material benefit. In addition, talks with materialistic men and women are also dangerous, and they are compared to drinking poison
- According to certain expert opinions, in the ecstasy of conjugal love the feelings of chivalry known as yuddha-vira and dharma-vira are the only compatible additions
- All these stages (of the gradual development of prema) combined are called sthayibhava, or continuous love of Godhead in devotional service. In addition to these stages, there are vibhava and anubhava
- Another meaning of Purana means supplement. So they are explanation of the Vedic knowledge in a supplementary way by taking references from the history, from the life of great saints and sages. So they are addition
- Anyone familiar with such sutras must be aware of the Vedanta-sutra, which is well known among scholars by the following additional names: (1) Brahma-sutra, (2) Sariraka, (3) Vyasa-sutra, (4) Badarayana-sutra, (5) Uttara-mimamsa and (6) Vedanta-darsana
- By addition of some chemical, a small reservoir of water like that of a metropolitan waterworks tank can be cleared, but by such a tiny effort it is not possible to clear up all the reservoirs of water like the river
- By the movements of his (Uddhava) eyebrows alone he was embracing the Lord. Such ecstatic love has been divided by great scholars into two groups - addition and subtraction
- I have no capacity, but I took it, the words of my guru, as life and soul. So this is fact. Guru-mukha-padma-vakya, cittete koriya aikya. Everyone should do that. But if he makes addition, alteration, then he is finished
- If I make some amendment, addition, alteration, in the name of Krsna, guru, then it is spoiled. No. We should receive the instruction as it is
- If you concoct, "I am very intelligent than my guru, and I can make addition or alteration," then you are finished. So that is the only
- In addition to human society, he (a person who is engaged in devotional service in full Krsna consciousness) is pleasing even the trees and animals, because they also become attracted by such a movement
- In addition to jubilation, there are sometimes symptoms of disappointment. Pradyumna once addressed Samba with these words
- In addition to these four prohibitions (yama), there are positive regulative principles (niyama), such as the daily chanting of sixteen rounds on japa-mala beads
- In addition to these nineteen sons, there were eighty-one younger ones, all born of Rsabhadeva and Jayanti. According to the order of their father, they became well cultured, well behaved, very pure in their activities and expert in Vedic knowledge
- In addition, according to the exact regulative principles, one should add the jiva-danda to the tri-danda. These four dandas, bound together as one, are symbolic of unalloyed devotional service to the Lord
- In addition, all problems of economic or political maladjustment and instability will be solved
- It is not our business to amend the words of the Supreme Personality of Godhead or make additions or alterations, as it has become a custom for many so-called scholars and svamis who comment on the words of Bhagavad-gita
- It is very satisfying that you have introduced Sankirtana Party procession in the public streets and parks on the occasion of Lord Caitanya's Birthday. It is a good addition to my missionary activities and I thank you very much
- It was spoken by the Supreme Lord personally five thousand years ago. And that old thing we are presenting as it is. Our Bhagavad-gita is therefore named Bhagavad-gita As It Is. Without any interpretation. Without any addition, alteration
- The devotees, however, also know that the battlefield of Kuruksetra by itself has nothing to do with their business, but in addition they know that "Krsna" does not mean just Krsna alone
- The first business is that the GBC must see to the management of their zones. Still, I require a permanent secretary. In addition, one GBC man may come and go
- The form of Garbhodakasayi Visnu is called Narayana because He rests Himself on that water. In addition, He is the resting place of all living creatures. Besides that, Narayana is also present in everyone’s heart, as confirmed in the Bhagavad-gita
- The mahat-tattva, or shadow of pure consciousness, is the germinating place of all creation. It is pure goodness with the slight addition of the material mode of passion, and therefore activity is generated from this point
- The next boundary was a water canal all around the city, and in addition the whole city was surrounded by electric wires. The next fortification was of anila, a gaseous substance
- The word agraha means "eagerness to accept," and agraha means "failure to accept." By the addition of either of these two words to the word niyama ("rules and regulations"), the word niyamagraha is formed
- There is additional evidence in the Agastya-samhita, "A person who is engaged duly in the service of Lord Ramacandra is also not required to discharge the ritualistic principles which are indicated in the Vedic supplimentaries"
- There is additional evidence in the Agastya-samhita, "As the regulative principles of scripture are not required by a liberated person"
- They are not my words, as I have repeatedly informed you that I am simply the bearer of the message from Lord Caitanya through the disciplic succession and I do not make any addition or subtraction
- To regard Krsna as one's superior is called reverential feeling, and when, in addition to this, a devotee feels that Krsna is his protector
- Vasudeva, Sankarsana, Pradyumna and Aniruddha expand in eight additional vilasa-murtis. Their names are Purusottama, Acyuta, Nrsimha, Janardana, Hari, Krsna, Adhoksaja and Upendra
- Vedic injunctions are known as sruti, and the additional supplementary presentations of these principles, as given by the great sages, are known as smrti. They follow the principles of Vedic instruction
- Very often, in addition to one's regular rasa, there is found the presence of some other rasa, and the mixture of these loving humors is sometimes compatible, or palatable, and sometimes incompatible, or unpalatable
- We don't make any adulteration or alteration or addition. No. We accept, as it is. That is our process. And if you accept, then our time is saved and we can make progress very quickly
- We present Bhagavad-gita as it is. We don't make any addition or alteration. Therefore it is perfect. The Krsna consciousness movement, whatever knowledge they are spreading, that is perfect
- We shouldn't make any addition or subtraction of mental speculation, but should endeavor, even if we do not fully understand from our present platform, to present simply the philosophy as we have received it directly & realized it by practical experience
- Whatever you are hearing from me, whatever you are learning from me, you have to distribute the same in toto without any addition or alteration. Then all of you become the spiritual master